HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT: Norfolk Admirals @ Hartford Wolf Pack ~ 3-1-06

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
wiseman scores in OT to win it 7-6!

the defenseman fell down and wiseman walked in and stuffed it in 5 hole

Old
03-01-2006, 08:12 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Wiseman hits the post, 2 minutes later he redeems himself and scores, Pack win 7-6 in OT.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Levitate

immonen assisted on that btw, so 4 assists for him tonight

Old
03-01-2006, 08:14 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
What a game!! Great job, guys!! Way to go, Chad!!!

Old
03-01-2006, 08:15 PM
FLYLine24*

Immonen

Old
03-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Immonen
Chemistry maybe be worth something, but it's time this kid got his fair shot.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Time to trade Wiseman for a depth dman.

Old
romba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
immonen assisted on that btw, so 4 assists for him tonight
Rangers Brass A: You think we should call Immonen up for a game or 2 to see if he's ready fro the big time?
Rangers Brass B: I don't know if nows...-
*Door Barges Open and in walks Immonen*: Did somebody say..... Mcdonalds?

Old
eco's bones

Immonen seems to be getting better as the season goes along.
59gp-28g-31a-59pts-28pm. +11. Point a game player now. Solid numbers.

By the way Chad with a big game too. Although I'm wondering why Liffiton didn't play.

Last edited by eco's bones: 03-01-2006 at 08:24 PM. Reason: add a line.
Old
03-01-2006, 08:23 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Immonen seems to be getting better as the season goes along.
59gp-28g-31a-59pts-28pm. +11. Point a game player now. Solid numbers.

24 Points in his last 14 games as well. I doubt he can keep that pace up but thats pretty damn impressive.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Levitate

nice night for giroux also, 2 goals and 1 assist

anyways...quick recap

i didn't think montoya did that bad, but i missed the 2nd goal. someone said he was down and they put it in so maybe not his fault? the third one was weird cuz everyone seemed to think the puck was covered, montoya was down and thought he had it, then suddenly it ends up in the net. guess maybe he could have been more aware...but gherson wasn't much better in relief so hey

anyways...again, the dawes, helminen, genoway line was probably the most exciting...it's kind of like watching the HMO line with skill (and a little less physical play). they forecheck hard and create chances. i'm also betting dawes will play in the NHL, i'm not not 100% sure how many goals he'll score. he finds open spots though and gets his shots on goal.

immonen...what can i say. he doesn't look terribly flashy so you don't *think* he's out there doing everything...then you realize he's wracking up the points, winning faceoffs, and doing a bit of everything. he's a smart player, that's for sure, and sees the ice well. can dangle a bit too. i think because he's not a speedster, it doesn't always look like he's going all out and attracting attention to himself. but he should definatly get a chance with the rangers and i wouldn't put it past him to succeed as a 2nd line center in the NHL who can put up 60 points. was also used on the PK

jessiman...not a really visible game but for one he's definatly willing to take the body and go hard to the net, i like seeing that at least. he seemed to be playing a simple, safe game. i'd like to see him do some more but he did get some good chances by putting himself in the right spots to receive passes and get some quick shots off. he definatly looks better balanced than earlier in the year too...he was initiating contact, shielding the puck well with his body and outmuscling guys. as long as he progresses, i think he's ok...just hope he doesn't stagnate at this level of play. keep improving hugh!

i didn't really notice many of the defenseman, so i don't have a lot to say there. i'm tired of writing now so if someone wants to ask a question about a player i'll try to answer

Old
03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Although I'm wondering why Liffiton didn't play.
they mentioned he was injured at the start of the game

Old
03-01-2006, 08:28 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
24 Points in his last 14 games as well. I doubt he can keep that pace up but thats pretty damn impressive.
Maybe he can--him and Giroux seem to have some chemistry. I think Jessiman has been the other one on their line. The rest of the team have been scoring a lot of goals lately besides and their pwp seems to be super red hot.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Levitate

oh, jessiman was moved off of immonen's line while they were trying to make a comeback...i think they put wiseman on the line?

i doubt it's permanent, hugh didn't play bad, but they wanted a veteran offensive guy to help tie it up i guess...

Old
03-01-2006, 08:32 PM
romba

So both Liffiton and Pock didn't play? Maybe thats why they gave up 6 goals.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
So both Liffiton and Pock didn't play? Maybe thats why they gave up 6 goals.
Pock got called up. Liffiton's hurt.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:59 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
nice night for giroux also, 2 goals and 1 assist

anyways...quick recap

i didn't think montoya did that bad, but i missed the 2nd goal. someone said he was down and they put it in so maybe not his fault? the third one was weird cuz everyone seemed to think the puck was covered, montoya was down and thought he had it, then suddenly it ends up in the net. guess maybe he could have been more aware...but gherson wasn't much better in relief so hey

anyways...again, the dawes, helminen, genoway line was probably the most exciting...it's kind of like watching the HMO line with skill (and a little less physical play). they forecheck hard and create chances. i'm also betting dawes will play in the NHL, i'm not not 100% sure how many goals he'll score. he finds open spots though and gets his shots on goal.

immonen...what can i say. he doesn't look terribly flashy so you don't *think* he's out there doing everything...then you realize he's wracking up the points, winning faceoffs, and doing a bit of everything. he's a smart player, that's for sure, and sees the ice well. can dangle a bit too. i think because he's not a speedster, it doesn't always look like he's going all out and attracting attention to himself. but he should definatly get a chance with the rangers and i wouldn't put it past him to succeed as a 2nd line center in the NHL who can put up 60 points. was also used on the PK

jessiman...not a really visible game but for one he's definatly willing to take the body and go hard to the net, i like seeing that at least. he seemed to be playing a simple, safe game. i'd like to see him do some more but he did get some good chances by putting himself in the right spots to receive passes and get some quick shots off. he definatly looks better balanced than earlier in the year too...he was initiating contact, shielding the puck well with his body and outmuscling guys. as long as he progresses, i think he's ok...just hope he doesn't stagnate at this level of play. keep improving hugh!

i didn't really notice many of the defenseman, so i don't have a lot to say there. i'm tired of writing now so if someone wants to ask a question about a player i'll try to answer
Appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
BigE

I love all of the people NOT WATCHING the game criticizing how Montoya was pulled.

For crying out loud you guys...

Old
03-02-2006, 03:37 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Good to hear Jarkko has played well. He has adjusted the North American style well. He still needs some more speed but other than that, it's looking great. I can't say I'm surprised.

Old
03-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
I don't know about the pulling Montoya call. The team was only down one goal, and I feel they should've seen if he could come back with a strong second, especially because the goals apparently weren't 'sofites'.
Apparently, it was 3 goals on 12 shots.

From the Courant recap:

Quote:
"It was one of those games where it seemed the last shot was going to win," assistant coach Ulf Samuelsson said after a second overtime victory in a row. "But we're going to have games when goaltending is not up to par and games where [Al Montoya and Robert Gherson] are going to save us and steal a game. That's the nature of the game when they're that young.
Good recap Levitate. Did you ever figure out how to "tivo" the stream so you could rewind in game?

Old
03-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
Good to hear Jarkko has played well. He has adjusted the North American style well. He still needs some more speed but other than that, it's looking great. I can't say I'm surprised.
Yeah, or maybe not "more speed", but learn to use the speed he have more.

Old
03-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Apparently, it was 3 goals on 12 shots.

From the Courant recap:

Good recap Levitate. Did you ever figure out how to "tivo" the stream so you could rewind in game?
didn't really have time to get it all sorted out...looks like you can't use just a plain old stream recorder, so i'd probably have to get some video capture software next time that will capture whatever is on my screen. i'm thinking the quality will suffer because of that though

Old
03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
BeckeramosIsHere

Any reason why they haven't shown the time and the score box on MSG so far in this first period?

Old
03-02-2006, 06:50 PM
BeckeramosIsHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckeramosIsHere
Any reason why they haven't shown the time and the score box on MSG so far in this first period?
Damn, I meant to post this in the Rangers/Flyers thread.

Closed Thread