HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jets fans tomahawk chant Roloson

Old
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
What an incredibly ignorant thing to say.
What's ignorant about that? I just watched his 50th goal at home. There was absolutely NO change of crowd reaction than there would for any average goal. No standing ovation, nothing. Why would there be the change for 60? Is 50 not good enough of a milestone? But yeah, what an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:15 PM
First Ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
What's ignorant about that? I just watched his 50th goal at home. There was absolutely NO change of crowd reaction than there would for any average goal. No standing ovation, nothing. Why would there be the change for 60? Is 50 not good enough of a milestone? But yeah, what an incredibly ignorant thing to say.
That's amazing, you're blind yet you can post on HF.

First Ballot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Ballot View Post
That's amazing, you're blind yet you can post on HF.
Enlighten me... Do they do standing ovations differently in Florida? A standing ovation is when you stay standing well after the goal has been announced, not when you get up for ten seconds after the goal is scored. That's called cheering for a goal. That happens for every single goal scored in the NHL.
Edit: Checked again, because apparently I'm blind. Once again, I fail to see how the fans in Tampa were standing for more than ten seconds. When they cut back to play about 30 seconds after the puck went into the net, not a single fan was standing. When they announce his name over the sound system, once again, not a single fan stands. Please, explain to me what's wrong with my statement? I'd love to hear.

Old
04-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

That is simply amazing

Brent Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:24 PM
GoldenJet89

TO GET BACK ON TOPIC AND CLARIFY

This is a college hockey thing, nothing at all to do with the braves or fsu or etc...

It is a spin off of the sieve chant from college hockey, where they yell, chant, then in unison wave their arms to the goalie pointing and yelling "sieve, sieve, sieve"

some arenas simply choose to chant the goalies name and use the "sieve" point... sanme motion as the chop, completely different meaning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAX1UW8BKGY

theres one variety

this second one at the north dakota game shows it best tho, just wait for the sieve chant to start at about 35 seconds in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkuXjvKevXs

nothing more. nothing less. end\

Last edited by GoldenJet89: 04-08-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: more info
GoldenJet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Woll Smoth

Lol @ anyone who thinks 15k fans all gathered together and decided to mock ATL.

Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Arpeggio

It was a hex. Oiler fans should know this better than anyone given years of experience hexing Belfour.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:35 PM
GoldenJet89

this kinda relates and is pure awesome by the way, bc eagles fans... chant sieve, then the goalies name, then "its all your fault"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd_7eY-AcDs

epic...

just once again reiterating, its a hockey thing, nothing to do with atlanta

GoldenJet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:45 PM
RobertKron

This has nothing to do with Atlanta. I remember everyone doing this and chanting "it's all your fault" at UBC Thunderbirds games when I was 8 years old.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:51 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Oh look, Jets fans did something again.

Must be a big deal then.
HF has convinced me that a lot of Canadian fans are not true hockey fans but just people who want to participate in a giant circle jerk.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Chain Attack

It's going to be an intimidating building when they make the playoffs, that's for sure.

Chain Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:58 PM
DonthaveaCOWEN

Winnipeg fans have been very impressive all year long. Good to see the excitement. As good as they have been however, I guarantee if the Nordiques get their team back they will be even a step above the jets fans as far as noise go. Based on the game in Ottawa on Hockey Day in Canada in which Nordiques Nation (3,000) invaded the arena, and the many Habs games in Ottawa I've experience, Quebec fans are usually two things when at a hockey game: Loud/passionate and Drunk. Playing in Quebec City as an opposing team will be a very intimidating place to play for sure

DonthaveaCOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Well, news for you. I not only watched it, I was there. There most certainly WAS a standing ovation and a huge crowd reaction. The place went berserk. Heck, he got a standing ovation every time they showed it as part of the highlights on the Jumbotron for the rest of the season.

(It was also far longer than your 10-second figure.)

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:27 PM
um

jets fans sure are weird

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Well, news for you. I not only watched it, I was there. There most certainly WAS a standing ovation and a huge crowd reaction. The place went berserk. Heck, he got a standing ovation every time they showed it as part of the highlights on the Jumbotron for the rest of the season.
There was definitely not a standing ovation at the time that I was specifically talking about. Nothing was wrong with my original statement, therefore I find it funny that it was considered "ignorant". There was no standing ovation by any stretch of the imagination, unless like I said previously, a standing ovation is now apparently an average goal celebration.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
There was definitely not a standing ovation at the time that I was specifically talking about. Nothing was wrong with my original statement, therefore I find it funny that it was considered "ignorant". There was no standing ovation by any stretch of the imagination, unless like I said previously, a standing ovation is now apparently an average goal celebration.
You're just WRONG. Period. The place went crazy. Anyone who was there knows that.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
You're just WRONG. Period.
I could continue to watch the video of there being no standing ovation all day long, but it's just not going to change. All I'm arguing is the fact that there wasn't anything ignorant about my original comment.
Quote:
The place went crazy. Anyone who was there knows that.
That's not what I was arguing. I said that there wouldn't be a standing ovation at his home barn. There wasn't. I just don't get how I could possibly wrong. I said there would be no standing ovation, and there wasn't for his 50th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
If you didn't wave your arms like a bunch of crazy people while pointing at the goalie and chanting, it's not a real celebration
Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:32 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
You're just WRONG. Period. The place went crazy. Anyone who was there knows that.
If you didn't wave your arms like a bunch of crazy people while pointing at the goalie and chanting, it's not a real celebration

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
That's not what I was arguing. I said that there wouldn't be a standing ovation at his home barn. There wasn't. I just don't get how I could possibly wrong. I said there would be no standing ovation, and there wasn't for his 50th.
There WAS. I was there. So was the guy who made this video, which shows 60 seconds after the goal that the fans were still up & screaming. The celebration went on quite a bit longer.

http://youtu.be/FCBZ5YXKS_8

I have no reason to lie to you. As I said, we were there and you are simply mistaken.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:40 PM
YzermanWings19

Not sure if mentioned yet... didn't read every page. But Roloson threatened to wack Ladd with a chop of his goalie stick a little bit before the chant.

Probably a good reason for the motion.

YzermanWings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
There WAS. I was there. So was the guy who made this video, which shows 60 seconds after the goal that the fans were still up & screaming. The celebration went on quite a bit longer.

http://youtu.be/FCBZ5YXKS_8

I have no reason to lie to you. As I said, we were there and you are simply mistaken.
This video doesn't have a single shot of the crowd, so I love how you claim that it shows the fans standing. Regardless, even if every person in the building was still standing at that point, it's not a standing ovation, that's a goal celebration. A standing ovation is when every fan is out of their seat while play continues, and once again when the achievement is announced.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:44 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
This video doesn't have a single shot of the crowd, so I love how you claim that it shows the fans standing. Regardless, even if every person in the building was still standing at that point, it's not a standing ovation, that's a goal celebration. A standing ovation is when every fan is out of their seat while play continues, and once again when the achievement is announced.
stand·ing o·va·tion
Noun:
A period of prolonged applause from an audience on their feet.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
This video doesn't have a single shot of the crowd, so I love how you claim that it shows the fans standing.
LOL!!!! You're just not looking or refusing to see. I see arms waving. I hear people screaming their lungs out. I see people on their feet. But you think in Tampa we do that while sitting? Riiigght.

Quote:
Regardless, even if every person in the building was still standing at that point, it's not a standing ovation, that's a goal celebration. A standing ovation is when every fan is out of their seat while play continues, and once again when the achievement is announced.
Well, again, I was there. There most definitely WAS a standing, prolonged ovation which lasted quite a long time. People were running up & down the aisles high-fiving each other. I know the truth. But why take the word of someone who actually witnessed the event in person and participated in it? If you can't accept it and admit it, that's your problem.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
stand·ing o·va·tion
Noun:
A period of prolonged applause from an audience on their feet.
Can you seriously not differentiate between a goal celebration and a standing ovation?

Old
04-08-2012, 03:49 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Can you seriously not differentiate between a goal celebration and a standing ovation?
Looks like a standing ovation to me.

But given your comments towards Tampa, someone from Tampa must of done nasty things to you