HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How great would it be.......

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2006, 12:30 PM
  #1
Sather Hater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
How great would it be.......

if before the Rangers First Playoff game, Neil Diamond walked out of the tunnel in one of his sparkly suits and sang the National Anthem (Sweet Caroline). Man would the building go crazy or what?

Slats you better get it done.

Sather Hater is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 12:33 PM
  #2
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
if before the Rangers First Playoff game, Neil Diamond walked out of the tunnel in one of his sparkly suits and sang the National Anthem (Sweet Caroline). Man would the building go crazy or what?

Slats you better get it done.
Before the game sing 'Sweet Caroline'?

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 12:34 PM
  #3
Captain Monglobster
Registered User
 
Captain Monglobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
if before the Rangers First Playoff game, Neil Diamond walked out of the tunnel in one of his sparkly suits and sang the National Anthem (Sweet Caroline). Man would the building go crazy or what?

Slats you better get it done.
I was thinking about that a few weeks ago. It seems like its almost mandatory that at some point during the playoffs Neil Diamond has to make an appearence.

Captain Monglobster is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 12:42 PM
  #4
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
One could only hope Neil D. would show up for the final game of the playoffs.

shoothepuck is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 12:43 PM
  #5
Skroob*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster
I was thinking about that a few weeks ago. It seems like its almost mandatory that at some point during the playoffs Neil Diamond has to make an appearence.

Better book him before Buffalo does.

Skroob* is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 01:25 PM
  #6
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Well the good news is that with the crowd so loud we wouldn't have to actually hear him sing.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
  #7
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Well the good news is that with the crowd so loud we wouldn't have to actually hear him sing.
This coming from a guy who moved to LV so he could be closer to Tom Jones

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 01:50 PM
  #8
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
if before the Rangers First Playoff game, Neil Diamond walked out of the tunnel in one of his sparkly suits and sang the National Anthem (Sweet Caroline). Man would the building go crazy or what?

Slats you better get it done.
there is only one game it would be appropriate for him to sing it after, and we're no where near that game yet.

rickyrod is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 01:58 PM
  #9
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Endicott
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
I hope Neil does the VH1 Storytellers story beind the song..

Thank you. That, of course, "Sweet Caroline". I wrote that song after a big show at the Forum. Gary and I had been drinking pretty heavily, and we were driving..

Ha ha ha ha ha! Yeah, well, we were driving down this dark road, and I hit a kid. So, we got out, and sure enough he was dead. So, we just took off. Pretty fast. And, two hours later, I wrote "Sweet Caroline". Sweet Caroline. Good times never seemed so good. Thank you.

Davisian is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 02:39 PM
  #10
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
I hope Neil does the VH1 Storytellers story beind the song..

Thank you. That, of course, "Sweet Caroline". I wrote that song after a big show at the Forum. Gary and I had been drinking pretty heavily, and we were driving..

Ha ha ha ha ha! Yeah, well, we were driving down this dark road, and I hit a kid. So, we got out, and sure enough he was dead. So, we just took off. Pretty fast. And, two hours later, I wrote "Sweet Caroline". Sweet Caroline. Good times never seemed so good. Thank you.
I will leave you IN!

McRanger is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 02:43 PM
  #11
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Amerante's gotta sing before every playoff game

Choice is online now  
Old
03-02-2006, 02:49 PM
  #12
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
word is that if slats cant get neil diamond, hes gonna get neil smith to wear one of diamond's outfits and sing sweet caroline! now that would be a sight

Janerixon is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 02:50 PM
  #13
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
word is that if slats cant get neil diamond, hes gonna get neil smith to wear one of diamond's outfits and sing sweet caroline! now that would be a sight
I actually heard his backup plan would be a duet consisting of Neil Smith and Lou Diamond Phillips...

McRanger is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 02:57 PM
  #14
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger
I actually heard his backup plan would be a duet consisting of Neil Smith and Lou Diamond Phillips...
And Lou Piniella(Sweet Lou)

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 02:57 PM
  #15
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
mcranger said "I actually heard his backup plan would be a duet consisting of Neil Smith and Lou Diamond Phillips..."

that would be the most work these two have had since young guns 2! great movie, to bad chavez had to die.... spirit horse man

Janerixon is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 03:05 PM
  #16
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Endicott
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger
I will leave you IN!

It gets crazy on the road, and awful lonely. That's why I love pornography. This next song is all about my love of hardcore, barely-legal pornography. Gary knows what I'm talking about.

Gary: Yeaaahhh, he likes that really weird porno you can't send through the mail. I'll be honest. It ain't cool, it creeps out the whole band.

Neil: Well, my bizarre, insatiable, and downright dangerous sexual habits led me to write this song. [ Kenny intros "Cracklin' Rosie" ] Oh, Cracklin' Rose, get on board. We're gonna ride 'til there ain't no more to go. We're takin' it slow. Let's all do the best we can. And I can turn invincible if I really try-y hard! [ crowd barely applauds ] Uh, I can't quite remember how that one goes. I-I gotta admit, I'm a little high. Kenny over here gave me some dynamite pills.

Davisian is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 03:28 PM
  #17
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,465
vCash: 500
Sparkly suits? Isn't that Liberace?

eco's bones is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
  #18
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
This coming from a guy who moved to LV so he could be closer to Tom Jones
Yeah that was my only reason

Though I will say this in all seriousness, he is a hell of a live act.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 06:51 PM
  #19
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Yeah that was my only reason

Though I will say this in all seriousness, he is a hell of a live act.
hah. Whats better live - Its not Unusual or You can leave your hat on?

Choice is online now  
Old
03-02-2006, 07:43 PM
  #20
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
The whole show was impressive.

Not a fan by any stretch, but in all honesty one of the best liver performers I've ever seen.

Edge is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.