HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Halo 4

Old
04-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Slapshot_11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
It rewards players for having simply logged more time. The better players will usually kill the others with inferior weapons anyway.
What?

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
How is random weapon drops a welcomed addition? Its punishing good players and making the game totally random. This is an absolutely terrible idea

Sounds good until you join a game with 5 mins left and your team losing badly and then your w/l ratio has to suffer. If I join a game already in progress and the game is over before I even begin then thats a waste of my time and im just gonna quit the match
Because it reduces camping. Far too often games became a race to "power weapons" and your team "lost", worst case scenario, you'd have much smaller chance of winning.

Ah yes, Halo games are all about you ratio... Sounds like you're stat ***** who on Halo 2 kept mapping all the weapon/player respawn spots and camped near them to get easy kills.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Because it reduces camping. Far too often games became a race to "power weapons" and your team "lost", worst case scenario, you'd have much smaller chance of winning.

Ah yes, Halo games are all about you ratio... Sounds like you're stat ***** who on Halo 2 kept mapping all the weapon/player respawn spots and camped near them to get easy kills.
There was little to no camping issues at all. This is just some bs for lesser players to be able to get power weapons because they are too stupid to figure out when the weapons spawn

I dare you find 5 people who would want to join a game with 5 mins left and the game is completely out of reach to enjoy that and not quit out. Who the hell wants to join a game like that and get a loss on your record for nothing?

And no, halo is not about ratio but players do not want losses on there record just because they joined a game late and already done

Old
04-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
There was little to no camping issues at all. This is just some bs for lesser players to be able to get power weapons because they are too stupid to figure out when the weapons spawn

I dare you find 5 people who would want to join a game with 5 mins left and the game is completely out of reach to enjoy that and not quit out. Who the hell wants to join a game like that and get a loss on your record for nothing?

And no, halo is not about ratio but players do not want losses on there record just because they joined a game late and already done
And how many game modes are there like that in Haloverse? King of the Hill and Oddball have rounds in them and do we know yet if you can even join a game that is already decided?

Old
04-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
What?
Players that log more time = players more likely to have memorized weapon locations.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Unholy
waifu

They need to take out the AR for good. Get away from the Reach addons and go back to classic maps like in H2. Had so many great maps for 1 bomb and 1 flag etc. H3 maps were mostly camping maps which was so awful. Didn't help that people would watch TSquared videos to find more camping spots. But still, H3 was a good game and better than the direction Reach went and now 4 is going in.. COD style.

I might still be playing Reach if my friend hadn't sold his 360 twice. Sold it sometime before Reach came out, bought another so we could play Reach, sold it shortly after Reach came out because it wasn't that good.

04-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:

If you played some high tier ranked games in H3 thats not at all what happens.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Players that log more time = players more likely to have memorized weapon locations.
Well you can say that about any fps game ever made.

More experienced player = more awareness of weapon spots, hiding spots and choke holds which in turn = a player with a better advantage.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
But according to this they dont want vet players to have a advantage over newer ones

Quote from the GI article on weapon drops "..it also helps alleviate the advantage that longtime players always used to have over newer recruits;"

Old
04-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Static

Quote:
But according to this they dont want vet players to have a advantage over newer ones

Quote from the GI article on weapon drops "..it also helps alleviate the advantage that longtime players always used to have over newer recruits;"
And that's what I'm saying. The better players are already going to have the advantage of...being better. Why should they get first dibs at the best weapons on top of that just because they've played the game more?

I don't have time to play a game three hours a day to memorize every weapon location, and I don't think it's right to penalize players like me for that. Players who can play that often are going to be inherently more skilled anyway, so I don't see what the fuss is about. The randomness just creates a better balance.

Old
04-08-2012, 02:14 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
You're going to get BR'ed in the face no matter what if you're playing against good players.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:10 AM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
And that's what I'm saying. The better players are already going to have the advantage of...being better. Why should they get first dibs at the best weapons on top of that just because they've played the game more?

I don't have time to play a game three hours a day to memorize every weapon location, and I don't think it's right to penalize players like me for that. Players who can play that often are going to be inherently more skilled anyway, so I don't see what the fuss is about. The randomness just creates a better balance.
is this real life?

Nobody gets first dibs on anything.. you have to fight and control the map for power weapons

how does it take a person 3 hours a day to know where weapons are? a 15 min tour of the map is all someone needs to know where to go to get weapons. Its nobodies fault but yours if you cant figure out where weapons are

Randomness never creates better balance.. that is the most ridiculous thing i've heard. Randomness just creates luck and makes it even more unbalance. Luck should never be a factor

Old
04-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
If you played some high tier ranked games in H3 thats not at all what happens.
I was talking about Halo 2. I had over 10 000 games played (checked the last stats about week ago) in that so I know what I'm talking about.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:40 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I'm really upset that those stupid perks are back.

Halo 2 was the greatest multiplayer game that has ever come out IMO. Why does 343 continue to go further and further away from Halo 2?

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Static

Quote:
is this real life?

Nobody gets first dibs on anything.. you have to fight and control the map for power weapons

how does it take a person 3 hours a day to know where weapons are? a 15 min tour of the map is all someone needs to know where to go to get weapons. Its nobodies fault but yours if you cant figure out where weapons are

Randomness never creates better balance.. that is the most ridiculous thing i've heard. Randomness just creates luck and makes it even more unbalance. Luck should never be a factor
Wow you really are having a mini freak out over this.

All this is doing is making the game more accessible to newer players, so yes, it does create a more balanced playing field. The better players are going to win nine times out of ten despite not being able to camp at weapon hot spots anyway. Frankly, removing that annoying occurrence is going to be nice as well.

Old
04-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Slapshot_11

Quote:

All this is doing is making the game more accessible to newer players, so yes, it does create a more balanced playing field. The better players are going to win nine times out of ten despite not being able to camp at weapon hot spots anyway. Frankly, removing that annoying occurrence is going to be nice as well.
The better player should win every single time, they should not be punished for taking the time of knowing how mechanics work and the knowledge of weapons/map.

And no it is not balance.. adding random drops is not balanced, if a team is winning 49-46 and rockets randomly spawn by the losing team and they win because of it, that is not balance that is complete random luck and the better team lost because of it.

They say that this should help newer players and thats why they did it yet they go around and do the opposite add spartan points to buy perks or whatever so it makes no sense

If you think people camp at weapon spots at high level, even average level then I dont really know what to say. Theres a difference between camping and controlling the map

Old
04-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:

I think that is what is frustrating people.

They are trying to cater to the casuals.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
I think that is what is frustrating people.

They are trying to cater to the casuals.
Can't blame them for wanting to make money, casuals make up the bulk of people who buy and play games especially on the console.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Can't blame them for wanting to make money, casuals make up the bulk of people who buy and play games especially on the console.
Yeah, the competition among the FPS games on 360 is no longer a case of Halo vs CoD, other games are involved in the mix now as well. They can no longer "make the same game" and expect the players to automatically play the game. It's a fact that a lot of the people who used to play Halo a lot moved over to CoD or BF, e.g. when Reach came out I went and played with a bunch of people whom I knew from Halo 2 but had seen playing CoD more recently and they were completely clueless out there. They had gotten so used to 60 FPS, automatic sprinting, enemies dying quicker (hardcore), no vehicles that they no longer remembered how to "play Halo". The gamers' tastes have changed, they just have to adapt to them to attract the non-hardcore Halo fans into it as well and keep them playing.

The loadouts are not perks, they're always the same, you can't buy more or get more with experience nor are they always "on". It's more often a case of which loadout suits which map the best.

Old
04-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

According to Frank O'connor, GI took some liberties with their deductions:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...ostcount=15020

Old
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
I was talking about Halo 2. I had over 10 000 games played (checked the last stats about week ago) in that so I know what I'm talking about.
I would still be playing Halo 2 if it could be done. That game was as close to perfect as any online FPS ever will be.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
I would still be playing Halo 2 if it could be done. That game was as close to perfect as any online FPS ever will be.
BxR stuff killed it for me. And the modders and stand-byers. And my levels being too high which meant finding a match could take up to an hour...

Old
04-09-2012, 10:23 PM
xX Hot Fuss

EA NHL has catered to the "noob" for 3 years now in EASHL. It ruins the game mode in 2 weeks when people can but boosts instead of earning them.

I don't like the random weapon spawns. I played Halo 2 for 3 years and was pretty damn good. Good players knew where the weapons were, bad players ran around with their heads cut off regardless, great players knew how to best you even if you camped weapons.

It's a part of strategy knowing where weapons are will be. Removing it makes no sense.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
EA NHL has catered to the "noob" for 3 years now in EASHL. It ruins the game mode in 2 weeks when people can but boosts instead of earning them.

I don't like the random weapon spawns. I played Halo 2 for 3 years and was pretty damn good. Good players knew where the weapons were, bad players ran around with their heads cut off regardless, great players knew how to best you even if you camped weapons.

It's a part of strategy knowing where weapons are will be. Removing it makes no sense.
Did you not read the link I posted?

Quote:
Frankie says:
I will say that some of the things that "invested, emotional" players are "raising eyebrows slightly at" are being very misinterpreted ("random" weapon spawns for example
) but we will be able to clarify some of those things in due time.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Slapshot_11

New composer is Neil Davidge

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/...3-3644fc781cd3