HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings CHL and NCAA Prospect Update Thread II

Old
03-31-2012, 06:35 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Well according to some Ottawa fans who of course get to see the 67's on a regular basis, there are at least 3 if not 4 other players on that team who have a brighter NHL future.

Of course after they drafted Shane Prince things got worse because he suddenly was the biggest talent on the team. Still, dont know who to believe anymore. Of course I take the opinions of internet fans with a grain of salt but it is remarkable.
I have missed seeing about 17 67 games in person this season and have seen those missed games on vid as well as doing the same thing last season. I also have been able to watch the team on the road 18 times this season and as a former 67 player all I can share is my opinion and agree that it should be taken with the same grain of salt as everyone else on the net.

That said I will stand my record up against anyones as far as projecting how and which prospects will make it to the NHL. Toffi will but it is just an opinion.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:58 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Manch wins 4-0 and now hold the 7th spot in the Eastern Conference (although they've played one more game than most teams).

Btw, is Weal expected to join the 'Narchs?

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I have missed seeing about 17 67 games in person this season and have seen those missed games on vid as well as doing the same thing last season. I also have been able to watch the team on the road 18 times this season and as a former 67 player all I can share is my opinion and agree that it should be taken with the same grain of salt as everyone else on the net.

That said I will stand my record up against anyones as far as projecting how and which prospects will make it to the NHL. Toffi will but it is just an opinion.
Of course I like your input. Sorry, that's not it.

I just read a lot of negative things about Toffi from Ottawa fans. I dont get it.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM
rick3652

Quote:
Well according to some Ottawa fans who of course get to see the 67's on a regular basis, there are at least 3 if not 4 other players on that team who have a brighter NHL future.

Of course after they drafted Shane Prince things got worse because he suddenly was the biggest talent on the team. Still, dont know who to believe anymore. Of course I take the opinions of internet fans with a grain of salt but it is remarkable.
If you are talking about Ottawa Fans Ottawa Drafted Prince so they WOULD LIKE TO THINK he is better but Everyone will see in a few years who makes the NHL and who does not. And i have seen All the 67's games the last couple of years. Toffoli is the type of player that carries his line mates go back and check in 4 years he has never played with the same center any year. But the center that plays with him all have their best year. He has as many assisit as goals he is a play maker but can be a scorer also. His defense is also good he finished with a plus 100 in his 4 years. He finished 19th in OHL all time in scoring he finished 10th in points all time in Ottawa 67 scoring this was done in 4 years not 5 like most ahead of him.

Last edited by rick3652: 04-01-2012 at 10:39 AM.
rick3652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:47 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:

I just read a lot of negative things about Toffi from Ottawa fans. I dont get it.
It's more than wanting Prince to be the best player. A lot of people said that Prince's numbers were inflated because of Toffoli. So now many fans want Toffoli to be bad so people start thinking his numbers were inflated because of Prince.

Long story short, meh.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:35 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

The Oshawa Generals were eliminated today. Andreoff will likely join the Monarchs for their stretch run (Weal is likely to do so as well).

I wonder who sits for Manch?

Old
04-02-2012, 08:13 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
The Oshawa Generals were eliminated today. Andreoff will likely join the Monarchs for their stretch run (Weal is likely to do so as well).

I wonder who sits for Manch?
Justin Johnson, J.D. Watt and Stefan Legein would probably be the first choices. I'd say next would be David Meckler or Trent Hunter since neither will probably be around after this year. Also the chance that Clune or Kaunisto sit a couple games to see what Andreoff has to offer.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 06:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

I am sorry. I was trying to say that I agree with your thinking regarding taking everything you read and making your own conclusions and not that I think that I am only right. I only want to give another opinion to those who have said anything but lofty high praise about Toffi in this case.

I spend too much time watching up and comers play hockey and have developed an eye for the qualities that I think separate some from the rest but in the end everyone is only giving their best guesses me included.

So it is all good.

Prince should make the NHL but I wouldn't look for him to lead his team in scoring during his career where Toffi should at some point in the future.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have heard that Andy Andy is going to Manchester. Nothing on Weal yet but I have been busy.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

http://twitter.com/#!/mayorNHL/statu...85624014454784
Quote:
Confirmed - #LAKings prospect Jordan Weal (2010 NHL draft pick) is on his way to join @MonarchsHockey. Still awaiting word on Andy Andreoff.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:41 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

You beat me to it Ziggy.

Andy is next.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Firenze
Robynho

Sagueneens’ Christopher Gibson Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week

http://chl.ca/article/sagueneens-chr...er-of-the-week

Firenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Minor Boarding

Toffoli with both of the 67's goals leads the team to the 2nd round of the ohl playoffs.

Minor Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:24 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKingsBR View Post
Sagueneens’ Christopher Gibson Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week

http://chl.ca/article/sagueneens-chr...er-of-the-week

Good to see that! Kid needs to have few pats on the back after the struggles he's gone through. Hopefully he will be able to steal a few games against Shawinigan as it's probably better for his development to play in the CHL playoffs than being a practice guy in the AHL or ECHL backup in the playoffs which are really the only options should the Sags get knocked out.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:07 PM
palffytofrovlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Toffoli with both of the 67's goals leads the team to the 2nd round of the ohl playoffs.
Great for him, sucks for the Monarchs since now it will be at least 7 to 14 days more in the CHL.

palffytofrovlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:06 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Andy Andy is Manch bound officially now.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:22 PM
damacles1156

Good the Monarchs need Forward depth (scoring too) REAL Bad.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Tyler Toffoli and the Ottawa 67's are playing Mark Scheifele(WPG) and the Barrie Colts in the 2nd Round of the OHL playoffs on Sportsnet(West at least) for Canadians wanting to catch a game.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 04-06-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:54 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

For anyone who hasn't yet seen Tyler Toffoli play during this years playoffs you are missing the making of a monster.

He has stepped his game up yet again and is THE reason that my 67's (his 67's) are doing so well.

Regardless of what happens TT has turned another corner in his already solid career and looks at times like he might just be one truly special player when he makes the NHL. Still has a few rough edges but so did Voynov A Mart King Nolan etc and they are all doing fine.

TT has the skills.

Old
04-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Capn Brown

These two guys are almost carrying their team in the playoffs.....

http://eurohockey.com/stats/club/201...ype=2&league=4

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Toffoli scored his 8th playoff goal in a 3-2 double OT loss against Barrie. The series is now tied, 1-1.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61621

Old
04-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
These two guys are almost carrying their team in the playoffs.....

http://eurohockey.com/stats/club/201...ype=2&league=4
With Penner and Stoll set to depart, there may be an opportunity for both players should the Kings decide to shift Lewis to C and/or promote Loktionov and use Holloway and Moller as the 3rd line wingers.

Old
04-08-2012, 07:29 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
For anyone who hasn't yet seen Tyler Toffoli play during this years playoffs you are missing the making of a monster.

He has stepped his game up yet again and is THE reason that my 67's (his 67's) are doing so well.

Regardless of what happens TT has turned another corner in his already solid career and looks at times like he might just be one truly special player when he makes the NHL. Still has a few rough edges but so did Voynov A Mart King Nolan etc and they are all doing fine.

TT has the skills.
I cant help but be excited about this kid. I cant help but get psyched that he could be that consistent 35-40 goal scorer this team has been needing for so long.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:32 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
I cant help but be excited about this kid. I cant help but get psyched that he could be that consistent 35-40 goal scorer this team has been needing for so long.
Don't get your hopes up. I don't even think Steven Stamkos can score 35-40 on this team. It's just the way our system works.

If Toffoli pans out, I expect him to be a consistent 20-25 goal scorer.

Old
04-08-2012, 07:35 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I'd say that TT has the talent to be a 30 40 goals scorer in the NHL so long as he continues his meteoric development.

On our team 3 years from now when TT is becoming a force he will be a 30/30 guy or he won't be on our team.