HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

X - Plekanec - X

Old
04-08-2012, 03:43 PM
GoHomez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
What about Forsberg if NYI or Toronto win the lottery and pick ahead of us? Does he play LW?
Saw him play two nights ago and he doesn't look NHL ready..

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Miller Time

Ideal, going from less likely to most likely:

Parise - Plekanec - Yakupov

Jagr - Plekanec - Yakupov

Parise - Plekanec - Bourque

Jagr - Plekanec - Bourque

granted that's ignoring potential trade options, which are too big to consider...

I want to see Gionta lining up next to Eller for next season.

imo, a Leblanc - Eller - Gionta line could be used as a secondary (or even primary) match-up line, and yet still provide enough scoring to be a solid 2nd/complimentary offensive line... basically a perfect 3rd line.

Just need to make sure we give Pleks at least 1 quality winger, and then hope Bourque bounces back with a better year.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
think 48 pts in an 82 game season locks it up?
Keep Gomez and Kaberle in the line up and massage the rest to suit.
For a sure-fire result hire Gauthier as a part-time consultant in order to make sure we get it right.
It's still a 50/50 proposition if you are last to get the 1st overall pick or 48.2% to be more accurate.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Parise - Plekanec - Yakupov

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:56 PM
EmelinHipCheck

AK46 is UFA. Bring back AK TP AK

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Why do people want us to get Parise? We've tried the Smurf strategy and it didn't work... didn't we learn this lesson already? Why do people want to buy tickets to the same old movie with the sad ending?
This is a joke, right?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
Pleks has to go period

nice player ...but how many more fken years do you want to go with his 50-55 points and we stink in the end crap

if we are to move in the right direction ...Pleks and DD cant be your 1-2 period

you cant win squat with these 2 guys down the middle , name one contender with this duo down the middle ??? NONE

this team needs an overhaul of the top 6 period ....

Gio, nice guy but at 33 time to go

his 20-25 goals are replaceable if we are prepared to play Eller and Leblanc and give them legit top 6 minuts and pp time .

but cmom folks , Gio, Pleks, Gomez , need to go to move forward

you can buy time with the midget for one more year , but not long term
Your right on the money here my friend!!

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:13 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

If we can win the lottery, I'd like to see:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Yakupov
Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Gionta
White-Leblanc-Staubitz

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:16 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Gionta
White-Leblanc-Staubitz
I wouldn't want to put so much pressure on Yakupov right away, if we got him. If he rips it up right away, move up him for whoever is struggling.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Desharnais - Cole
Yakupov - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - White - Staubitz

If I was coach, I would have split up DD/Cole/Pac to end the season though. I would have put Bourque with Desharnais and given Pacioretty (or Cole) to Plekanec. I would have tried get two lines going at ES.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:53 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I wouldn't want to put so much pressure on Yakupov right away, if we got him. If he rips it up right away, move up him for whoever is struggling.

Moen - White - Staubitz

If I was coach, I would have split up DD/Cole/Pac to end the season though. I would have put Bourque with Desharnais and given Pacioretty (or Cole) to Plekanec. I would have tried get two lines going at ES.
I'd definitely give him the 6 game tryout in the NHL, and I'd want to put him in the best possible situation to succeed. Classify that line as the #2 line and take little pressure off of him that way, but besides I think Yakupovs temperament is not one that needs to be sheltered. The guy is a baller and oozes swagger and confidence.

Old
04-08-2012, 04:57 PM
AllanMTL46

Bourque - Plekanec - Parenteau

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Dont understand the ones having Bourque on the first 2 lines.. The guy is brutal and will have a hard time to keep a regular spot in the line-up next year..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Because calling a player of Parise's abilities a smurf is like ragging on Crosby for being a sub 6 foot center. It completely misses the point.
The POINT is that we need to stop going after quick fixes like this and then declaring ourselves set to go. It's been an endless repeat and yet people year after year here keep hoping we get Briere or Parise or whatever UFA might be out there... There is no point to doing this unless you want to continue competing for 8th.

Parise comes in here with Pleks, Gionta, DD... it's the same problems all over again. We aren't contenders, it makes no sense to make this kind of move right now. Ryan Suter I could understand as at least he'd be addressing a spot where we need help severely but Parise is not a guy we should be going after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This is a joke, right?
After the train wreck we've watched over the past few seasons you're actually asking me this? Parise will do nothing for us except compete for 8th.

I can't freakin' believe that people still want to go the shortcut route.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
The POINT is that we need to stop going after quick fixes like this and then declaring ourselves set to go. It's been an endless repeat and yet people year after year here keep hoping we get Briere or Parise or whatever UFA might be out there... There is no point to doing this unless you want to continue competing for 8th.

Parise comes in here with Pleks, Gionta, DD... it's the same problems all over again. We aren't contenders, it makes no sense to make this kind of move right now. Ryan Suter I could understand as at least he'd be addressing a spot where we need help severely but Parise is not a guy we should be going after.

After the train wreck we've watched over the past few seasons you're actually asking me this? Parise will do nothing for us except compete for 8th.

Parise is an elite player that fills as big of a need as Suter and as plenty of prime years left. Opposite of a quick fix. Chances of getting a guy as good as him through internal development isn't very good.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Et le But

Quote:

What does Parise have to do with Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez besides being under 6' tall? Crosby is a "smurf" too, would you turn him down? Parise is far more talented than any of those other "smurfs".

This is taking the obsession with size too far. The Caps have only two guys below 6' tall and are one of the softest teams in the league.

Old
04-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Teufelsdreck

Forget Parise. He's not coming to Montréal if he doesn't re-sign with the Devils (which he likely will). Isn't it logical that he'd want to be on a serious contender rather than a team that finished well out of the playoffs?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Forget Parise. He's not coming to Montréal if he doesn't re-sign with the Devils (which he likely will). Isn't it logical that he'd want to be on a serious contender rather than a team that finished well out of the playoffs?
I don't think he would consider signing for the Habs (though his father is a Francophone ), but to think he isn't a fit because of his size is absolute insanity.

Old
04-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Moen - White - Staubitz

This should have happened way before the end of the season. It was clear quite early on that, no matter how good they are, they weren't making us win games. So what was the point in keeping them together?
At the very least, a new combination could have been tried on the PP.
But no attempt to make any changes were made, not even on the PP, which is quite troubling to be honest.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:45 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

really...

coming from a guy who'd be OK with Suter on the Habs... for some reason this guy isnt a quick fix but all the other UFAs are...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:09 PM
uocooco

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Gionta
White-Leblanc-Staubitz
Trade Bourque please, get Chris Stewart while his value is at an all time low.

uocooco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:33 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I think a top-6 LW should be the Habs' target in UFA. In the extremely unlikely event that they can lay their hands on Parise, he goes with Pleks.

Otherwise, grab a Semin or less ideally a Penner, stick him with DD, and promote MaxPac to the first line. 67-14-21 can handle anyone.
Get Penner, make a line of :

Penner - Gomez - Bourque

The laziest line in hockey !!!!

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:42 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Beckham View Post
Trade Bourque please, get Chris Stewart while his value is at an all time low.
I have a sense Chris is going the way of Anthony...

Old
BigTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
If anything, a stacked AHL team is by far the best environment to develop strongly for Leblanc.
thats true, cuz although he does look like he can play in the nhl already he could develop some more. im just tired of giving pleks awful wingers constantly. Bourque should be on the third line and i think thatd be a great spot for gio too. Him and pleks are alright together but would need a big fast player to play with them (patches) but then we have to split up a line that plays so damn good together.
Parise is the dream, yakupov could be rushing him, players like semin or parenteau i dont like cuz semin i feel isnt a team guy and parenteau could cost alot and be the next leino

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Parise is an elite player that fills as big of a need as Suter and as plenty of prime years left. Opposite of a quick fix. Chances of getting a guy as good as him through internal development isn't very good.
How is it the "opposite of a quick fix?"

Parise is a good player... so was Cammalleri. It doesn't make sense right now though. Why wouldn't we wait at least another year, see where we're at and then maybe look at a move like this? Right now Parise does nothing for us right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
What does Parise have to do with Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez besides being under 6' tall? Crosby is a "smurf" too, would you turn him down? Parise is far more talented than any of those other "smurfs".

This is taking the obsession with size too far. The Caps have only two guys below 6' tall and are one of the softest teams in the league.
Parise isn't far more talented than Cammaleri was. He's not going to lead us anywhere with the club we have. He's 28 and we won't be contenders with him next year. And if you're saying that he could be with us when we eventually become contenders... then why the hell not wait until we actually are contenders first before looking at a move like this?

NO reason to do this now. None. Not unless you want to go after 8th place and continue the trend of being small, soft and medicore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Exactly. Why the hell would he want to come here anyway? He can see what our fans can't... makes no sense for him to come here if he wants to win a cup.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and yet folks want us to continue doing the same things that haven't worked.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Pleks' new winger next year will be Filip Forsberg!

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote