HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Jeff Carter to LA for Jack Johnson + LA 1st.

Old
04-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Congo Jack
Please Understand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
picking outside the top 10 in this draft is sounding like a much worse idea than picking mid 1st next year.. if you can't move up with with pick then I don't know why jackets do it even if that pick is #15-16
Well I'm one of the people who believe that the "weak draft" talk has been blown way out of proportion. Everyone was saying this about last year and it turned out to be a good draft. People always seem to say "Oh well this draft will suck anyways, but NEXT year is the best!" But I digress.

If we were to acquire this years draft, I would hope for someone like Matt Finn, Maata or Ceci if he falls.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Skraut

a 30th place team needs help sooner rather than later.

Pick now if you can.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
Only if confirmed the pick can be packaged to move up for someone.. otherwise next year would be much smarter with how good the draft looks and how LA could fall a part and that pick has potential to be really nice.
I'd rather it be packaged to pick up someone, rather than move up to draft someone.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 06:25 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Well I'm one of the people who believe that the "weak draft" talk has been blown way out of proportion. Everyone was saying this about last year and it turned out to be a good draft. People always seem to say "Oh well this draft will suck anyways, but NEXT year is the best!" But I digress.

If we were to acquire this years draft, I would hope for someone like Matt Finn, Maata or Ceci if he falls.
I agree about the "weak draft" crap. Last years was a "weak draft" and Sean Couturier went 8th. Also last year all you heard was how great this draft was going to be with defenseman. Now it's here(well almost) and it they all suck now

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 07:55 AM
blahblah

Now that we pick number two, if everything falls in line, LA should now make the Cup finals... The next two years.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote