HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2012 Regular Season (Finding New Ways to Lose Part 1)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2012, 02:07 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Everybody hit!!!

Old
04-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
pierre just bailed out manuel, why is bunting so much?

Old
04-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Justified
Amaro out

why is kendrick pitching the 8th, he shouldnt even be on the club.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:02 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

vCash: 500
I can see Papelbon getting alot of saves this year he should be in alot of games this year with what we have but its early alot of the guys will come around as they play more.And i like that charlie is playing everyone nice.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

We need to get Utley and Howard back to keep Manuel from losing us games. His in game decisions have been horrendous this series.

Also, will Bastardo be off the team halfway through the year like Romero was because Manuel forces him to pitch against right handers too?

Old
04-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Manuel is clearly lost, Kendrick in the 8th?

Old
04-08-2012, 03:38 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

WoW the bullpen blew that one.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:38 PM
JVR21
G

Just got the final text. Why in the hell was Herndon in the game ...

Old
04-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Justified
Amaro out

thanks for giving them the game charlie.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
WoW the bullpen blew that one.
With the assistance of a Wiggington dropped throw to first on a strikeout. Stutes needed to keep dealing after the error no doubt, but if he caught that they're out of the inning with no damage.

Still don't know why with 1st and 2nd open they pitched to McCutchen though.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Justified
Amaro out

there is no reason to pitch to mccutchen.

Old
04-08-2012, 04:07 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Manuel is clearly lost, Kendrick in the 8th?
Charlie really lucked out in 2008-09 with that lineup. Now that he needs to make real decisions, hes going to prove why everyone was calling for his head before winning the world series.

Old
04-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Amateur Hour

Oh boy, this is a bad baseball team.

Old
04-08-2012, 04:16 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Soon as Herndon came in I said game over, just like I said with Blanton last night. Trade all pitchers with silly goatees.

Old
04-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Defratus is hurt right now, but they have Aumont and Dierkman in the minors that could help. Im not sure how long Contreras is out but he could help.

Old
04-08-2012, 05:12 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Defratus is hurt right now, but they have Aumont and Dierkman in the minors that could help. Im not sure how long Contreras is out but he could help.
Aumont is pretty far off IIRC.

I didn't see any of the game, I was working. I guess I didn't miss too much though.

Back to our talking from before -- I don't really think they would get maximum value. I mean, I don't even think trading Hamels is in the realm of possibility during the season.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
04-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Aumont is pretty far off IIRC.

I didn't see any of the game, I was working. I guess I didn't miss too much though.

Back to our talking from before -- I don't really think they would get maximum value. I mean, I don't even think trading Hamels is in the realm of possibility during the season.
The game today was brutal, Charlie was brutal.

But as far as trading Hamels, I think he is going to walk. If we resign him that would mean that 3 of our starting pitchers would make around $75 million. So that is why I think they need to examine a trade. All it takes is one desperate GM to get a very high return.

Old
04-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Go For It

I'm not very good with trade values for baseball and don't know too many players around the league outside the NL East, but would trading Hamels allow us to potentially net a couple stud prospect position players to help ease the transition into our next generation?

Old
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
I'm not very good with trade values for baseball and don't know too many players around the league outside the NL East, but would trading Hamels allow us to potentially net a couple stud prospect position players to help ease the transition into our next generation?
The only way they are trading Hamels is if they are 100% absolutely blown away, or are out of contention. If they are in contention (which they should be) at the deadline, dealing Hamels would be akin to giving up, which teams with $200 million payrolls don't do. Especially teams with $200 million dollar payrolls whose best players are in decline.

Old
04-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
The only way they are trading Hamels is if they are 100% absolutely blown away, or are out of contention. If they are in contention (which they should be) at the deadline, dealing Hamels would be akin to giving up, which teams with $200 million payrolls don't do. Especially teams with $200 million dollar payrolls whose best players are in decline.
I understand that, and what I'm asking is mostly hypothetical.

I guess I kind of see trading him as similar to the Richards/Carter trades. 1 step back for 2 (apparent) steps forward.

Old
04-08-2012, 08:40 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
The game today was brutal, Charlie was brutal.

But as far as trading Hamels, I think he is going to walk. If we resign him that would mean that 3 of our starting pitchers would make around $75 million. So that is why I think they need to examine a trade. All it takes is one desperate GM to get a very high return.
Yeah, my buddy was texting me updates. Heard it was brutal..

I don't know. I have a feeling the main goal is resigning Cole. But you don't know how many desperate GM's there will be when the possibility of it is, that he'll be available when Free Agency hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I agree with this. But at one point you need to re-construct your lineup. I mean, we can't keep trotting out the same crap with Wiggington, Nix, Galvis, Schnider. Pierre is a solid player, but again we need a power bat that will drive in runs and make our other hitters get hit-able pitches.

Quote:
Honestly, it all depends how desperate one team gets. I would love to see if KC would move Montgomery for him, or Starling involved in the trade. Montgomery is a pitcher, starling is an up and coming LF.

Quote:

I guess I kind of see trading him as similar to the Richards/Carter trades. 1 step back for 2 (apparent) steps forward.
Maybe, it all depends on what the deal for him would end up being.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:05 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:

In theory I think they could get a similar package for Hamels as the Flyers got for a Richards or a Carter. Probably one MLB regular, two top prospects, maybe a throw-in project guy or something like that. I really don't think they will trade him though unless they are dead in the water at the deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I agree with this. But at one point you need to re-construct your lineup. I mean, we can't keep trotting out the same crap with Wiggington, Nix, Galvis, Schnider. Pierre is a solid player, but again we need a power bat that will drive in runs and make our other hitters get hit-able pitches.
I agree, but trading Hamels isn't the way they are going to go about it. With their stars aging and on the decline, I think they'd trade Worley and prospects (which wouldn't get you as much) to get a bat before they dealth Hamels. Hamels gives them a better chance to win now and in the future if re-signed. Worley is solid but he is not Hamels. They could deal Worley + for a solid bat rental if they are in contention or something like that. It's really anyone's guess. Howard could also come back and play well enough to make the situation not so dire.

Jroll
Polanco
Pence
Howard
Mayberry
Victorino
Ruiz
Galvis (or someone who can get a hit)

That has potential if Howard is playing well. It is obvious they need hitting though, but it is not obvious how they will get it. Haha.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:19 AM
mm6492

Manuel needs to get his crap together or people will call for his head. Stupid decisions throughout the series.

When do we get teh new tv deal? I think its end of 2014. Cause thats when we could increase our payroll even moreso.

I'll give them a few more series to sort through stuff but I think we could sue a few changes. And at some point, Brown is gonna get a shot to play cause of his bat.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:20 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Is it just me or did anyone else not understand at all why the hell they pitched to their best hitter with 2 outs and a base free. Mccutchen shouldn't of gotten anything near hittable.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:21 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Is it just me or did anyone else not understand at all why the hell they pitched to their best hitter with 2 outs and a base free. Mccutchen shouldn't of gotten anything near hittable.
Yep. No reason to even consider pitching too him. He is BY FAR there best hitter. Walk him and move on.

Closed Thread