HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

The Scott Clemmensen appreciation thread

Old
04-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Erick

vCash: 500
The Scott Clemmensen appreciation thread

Not sure if this was a thought anyone had after the game tonight, but...

Despite how terrible we've been over the years, our goaltending has been pretty damn good. Isn't it funny that the guy in net tonight to clinch us the first division title in franchise history was also the same guy the majority wanted out of here at the beginning of the season?

Wasn't Beezer, wasn't Luongo, wasn't Belfour, wasn't Vokoun, wasn't Andy, wasn't Theodore, wasn't Markstrom...it was Scott Mother****ing Clemmensen.

The guy who got at least one point in 20 of his 26 decisions this year. The guy who had a better record/point % than Theodore/Markstrom this year and Tomas Vokoun the past two years. (not saying he's the better goaltender, just take it for what it's worth)

I will forever appreciate what Scott Clemmensen did this year even if he leaves (which he likely will, I guess) after the year.

Not only was he very good tonight to clinch us our division, but he's been the better goalie these past couple of weeks. Stole 2 points in Philly, brilliant in the shootout in Montreal, stole a point in Detroit and then tonight.

Not to mention earlier in the season when Theodore got injured and he took over to the tune of a 7-3-3 (I believe?) record, mostly against some of the elite teams in the NHL.

For all the **** you've gotten this year, you've shut us up like no other on this team has...Thank You Scott Clemmensen!

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Won't catch me dissing Clemmer (even though I was one of his biggest critics early) ... We've got the 1A, 1B going in net right now and this season can be considered nothing but a ginormous success... All gravy from here on out.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

I don't really know if point % is really the best way to judge a goalie as obviously that depends largely on how the rest of the team performs as well. But points in 20 out of 26 is pretty remarkable.

He has played well recently and improved a lot on his performances earlier this year. I was calling him out for his performances earlier this year but he has turned his game around, stopped letting in weak goals, improved his movement from side to side and looks a lot more confident out there. I will be happy to see him play in the playoffs.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
I've gone back and forth with the love and hate for clemmer but when we needed a goalie to step up and get us points he has. That's not to say theo hasn't either, but without a solid backup like Clemmer we wouldn't be division champs. Thank you!

Jeff Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:02 AM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

I had no faith in Clemmer at the start of the season, but that has surely changed

Clemmer has been great, hopefully he can be just as good in the playoffs

freakstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
I had no faith in Clemmer at the start of the season, but that has surely changed

Clemmer has been great, hopefully he can be just as good in the playoffs
I have the same thoughts!

I am right now more confident with Clemmer in goal. Theodore didnt look good in the last games and Clemmer certainly did. Philly, MTL, Detroit and Carolina
He made some big saves at the right time to keep us in the lead or keep us in distance!
I want him to start in the playoffs:
1. He is hot right now! Dont mess with it. After several games off, he still played great!
2. NJ is his old team and he always plays well against them..

BUT as soon as he falters go back to Theodore! Not sure where his confidence is right now after the last two games. These days off might be enough to gain his confidence back if he hasnt yet. He certainly did play better after he came in for Clemmer in the WSH game. Clemmer made one big save and departed! Normally he gave up a goal on such an early. He didnt do it against Carolina either.
To me, he has really stepped up!

Lets go Clemmer!

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
I also had no faith in Clemmer when the season started. Boy has that changed. I'll admit I was wrong

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:48 AM
p9ers

Clemmer, he's hot right now, so why not!

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:45 AM
RainingRats

oh hi

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:15 AM
harv3317

you beat me to it. i was going to right this thread. clemmer again saved our arse last night. we were out shot and out chanced last night. clemmer made some fantastic saves. he was brilliant!!!!!!! imo, clemmer has been the better goalie of late!!! he is hot!!!!!! i have nothing against theo and without him we definitely wouldn't be in the playoff. he's been stellar!!!!! but at this point in time clemmer has been the better goalie, he's hot and should get the start in game 1. to be honest, i'm happy with both goalies and theo is our starter, but right now clemmer has earned the start. hope he get's it and beats the devils!!!!!!!

GGGGGOOOOO PPPPAAAAANNNNNTTTTHHHHHEEEERRRRSSSS!!!!!

p.s would love to see clemmer resign and have the same tandem going into next season!!!!!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:50 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I feel bad for criticizing the guy a lot in the past. Besides a game or two, he's been remarkable this season and you couldn't ask for much of a better backup goaltender role on your team.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

It's not just this season. The last 3 seasons as a whole, he hasn't been as bad as he's been made out to be. A solid NHL backup, nothing more, nothing less.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:10 PM
16Skippy

I feel like his first game with us he was pretty bad and his post game comments kinda rubbed people the wrong way. It was a bad first impression and he's been getting a lot of unwarranted criticism since, even though he has been a solid backup.

I'm happy to see him get some recognition lately!

16Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Skippy View Post
I feel like his first game with us he was pretty bad and his post game comments kinda rubbed people the wrong way. It was a bad first impression and he's been getting a lot of unwarranted criticism since, even though he has been a solid backup.

I'm happy to see him get some recognition lately!
Yeah, I agree with this.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
He has shut me up a lot this year. I got all over him in the past for bad play, much of which was warranted. He has stepped it up this year. I don't know if it's just him, the better D in front of him, or playing for a new contract (almost certainly on a different team, sorry have to make room for Markstrom), but he's done it and kudos to him.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:25 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
oh hi
Bandwagoner....

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote