HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Met Feds at the auto show

Old
04-09-2012, 12:51 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Met Feds at the auto show

I was walking down the escalator and was about to leave and I see this guy that looks like Fedotenko coming up on the escalator on the other side. Then I looked at the guy with him and it looks just like Anisimov. Obviously you wouldn't have 2 look alikes together. So long story short, my friend and I come to say hi. We ended up only talking to Feds. He was really nice, agreed to take a picture with me. At the end asked for our names and said it was nice meeting us. I said "win the cup" and he said "we're working on it". Anyway, you guys have any stories of meeting Rangers or ex-Rangers?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I was walking down the escalator and was about to leave and I see this guy that looks like Fedotenko coming up on the escalator on the other side. Then I looked at the guy with him and it looks just like Anisimov. Obviously you wouldn't have 2 look alikes together. So long story short, my friend and I come to say hi. We ended up only talking to Feds. He was really nice, agreed to take a picture with me. At the end asked for our names and said it was nice meeting us. I said "win the cup" and he said "we're working on it". Anyway, you guys have any stories of meeting Rangers or ex-Rangers?
Did you make sure to tell them how awful Hank is?

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:56 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Yeah and how much they disappointed me in not winning the PT. Joking, of course.

Old
04-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Blah blah blah, how hot was that Viper?

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:02 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
That's awesome. I would react like a little girl if I casually met a Ranger.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Kershaw

Call me crazy, but I think I saw Mathieu Schneider at a Starbucks a couple years back.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Calad
Section 422

My girlfriend was on a flight to Rochester tonight, turns out Ryan Callahan was on the flight as well

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:21 AM
mti79

Quote:
I heard a rumor that he wouldn't be able to stop a beach ball at this point....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Went to a Rangers game at the garden a few week back and I saw all the Rangers shockingly. I tried to yell to get their attention but nobody even looked at me. Very rude if you ask me.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
Went to a Rangers game at the garden a few week back and I saw all the Rangers shockingly. I tried to yell to get their attention but nobody even looked at me. Very rude if you ask me.
You and the other 18,199 people.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:05 AM
JayQueensNY88*

I met Brett Lindros @ a NYR game....like 10 years ago..he was sitting in front of me. I sai his name andlike twice and he was ignoring me,finally i said are you brett,he said yeah,and i asked him to sign my ticket which is officially lost these days.

Guy I work with just met Girardi while working in Manhattan.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Me and my friend were walking around NYC the whole day (We were going to the game) I saw Dubi and gave him a nod of recognition and said hi. He was nice and didnt ignore us.

Another time I was on the subway going to MSG/Penn Sation, and I swear it was Brian Boyle because the guy was a giant. I caught a glimpse of his face cause I didn't want to be creepy. I still don't know for sure if it was him.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:46 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
That's awesome. I would react like a little girl if I casually met a Ranger.
I didn't react any better. When I saw the on the other escalator I told my friend that they're Rangers. He was like "let's go take a picture". I was like, what are we going to run after them and said no. Then I was regretting not coming to take a picture. So he said let's go up the escalator and find them. I didn't think we'd find them in the mass of humanity. In like 2 minutes we found them. I didn't have the balls though to come up to them. My friend came up to Feds and asked "are you a hockey player?". Feds was like "usually". So I acted like a little girl myself. If not for my friend I wouldn't have talked to Feds. There are so many things I could have told him. I could have told him how hard I was rooting for him and the Lightning when he scored those 2 goals in game 7 of the finals. Although, I always forget if it was him or Richards would have been embarrassing if it was Richards. Pretty sure it was him and it was Richards in the conference finals.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Blah blah blah, how hot was that Viper?
I looked at the Viper but it didn't leave a lasting impression. I liked the Audi and BMW sports cars much more. Also the Lamberghini (sp?) and McLaren (sp?) were a lot nicer.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:52 AM
ak10r

Feds is my 10 year olds favorite player. I just ordered him a Feds jersey for his birthday next month.

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:27 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
Feds is my 10 year olds favorite player. I just ordered him a Feds jersey for his birthday next month.
He's been one of my favorite players for years. He's from Kiev, one of the few players from Ukraine in the NHL (Zherdev was from Ukraine, and I believe Kiev too). That's where I was born. So I always rooted for him (except for when he was with the Pens). I remember being so happy in that game 7 against Calgary.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Not rangers relative. But during all star brake in the MLB I was in cancun (just got there) in the air port and I met marino raveria. I'm a die heart mets fan, I told my dad I'm never gunna wash my hands.

I was wondering why he was on such a small ****** plane.

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:49 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
I met Brett Lindros @ a NYR game....like 10 years ago..he was sitting in front of me. I sai his name andlike twice and he was ignoring me,finally i said are you brett,he said yeah,and i asked him to sign my ticket which is officially lost these days.

Guy I work with just met Girardi while working in Manhattan.
To be fair, those Lindros boys took so many concussions he probably didn't hear you or believed he wasn't Brett Lindros.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:01 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

I've run into AA on the street twice. He lives a couple of blocks away from me.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:09 PM
district9

i used to work at roosevelt field mall on long island, and a day i was working lundqvist and richter were doing signings. obviously the signing was going on while i was at work and ended about an hour before i could leave so i was pretty upset i wouldn't even catch a glimpse of them. when i was leaving work and the mall was closing up i saw a group of 3 guys in suits by the doors i walk out through, and it was richter and i guess two friends of his. i walked over and talked to him for a good 10 minutes, he was one of the nicest guys i've ever met and it made me feel good that my childhood hero was also a great dude

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:16 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Phil Simms was awesome when I met him. Joe Namath was a *********.

Best player I ever met was Dave Tollefson. He owned a G8 like mine and we had a blast talking cars. I had his phone # for a while bust lost it when I changed phones. Great dude.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:20 PM
The mitchrock
Hunk of Monkey Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Call me crazy, but I think I saw Mathieu Schneider at a Starbucks a couple years back.
Kershaw, you're crazy!

I hear Schnieder is cool to talk to.

The mitchrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:24 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Quote:
This was a good story.

Quote:
This was funny.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Blueblood9

Met richter on the train a year or so back. My Cuz is a conducter says he sees him on the train atleast once a month.

Met leetch at the Purple Shamrock in Boston when he was playing for them. Bought 2 cases of Amstels and started distributing them to people on the dance floor.

Blueblood9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:32 PM
useref15

One of the last games last year against the Devils, I was in the city and saw Zuccarello running to get somewhere. I shouted Zukeeee, and he gave me the head nod.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote