Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2012, 04:30 AM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Same thing could happen with Montreal if they win.
Good point.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:16 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

vCash: 500
Final NHL CSB rankings: 1. Yakupov 2. Murray 3. Grigorenko 4. Galchenyuk 5. Rielly 6. Ceci 7. Faksa 8. Maatta 9. Trouba 10. Reinhart

NHL CSB (Euro skaters): 1. Forsberg 2. Teravainen 3. Collberg 4. Lindholm 5. Hertl. Top N.A. goalie: Subban. Top Euro goalie: Vasilevski.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:32 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
I'm guessing they forgot Dumba? Or they just don't like him

Old
04-09-2012, 09:35 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

Dumba is rated at 11 for NA Skaters

NHL.com got the lists up now: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=79331

Old
04-09-2012, 09:46 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

Also Anaheim should use a late pick on Nathan Walker, Australian player

Old
04-09-2012, 10:40 AM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

Kerdiles in the top 30. As long as he's there at 36 I'm cool.

But yeah that ranking is strange to say the least. Maata over Dumba, Trouba, and Reinhart?

I'm sorry I've seen each one of those defensemen, it's gotta be a testament to how good these eye-brow raisers are. Really hoping that one of the teams picking above us has a thing for Rielly, Faksa, and Teravainen.

Old
04-09-2012, 12:03 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

edit: nm.

Old
04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Watching some more Forsberg highlights. I'll make this bold prediction. I think Forsberg could be a better fit with Getzlaf and Perry than Ryan. Not necessarily a better player in a vacuum, but it just seems like his game is a little better fit. Doesn't need the puck quite as much, can dominate the cycle, and (most imporantly) goes to the front for the one-timer.

Old
04-09-2012, 03:53 PM
ericnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Watching some more Forsberg highlights. I'll make this bold prediction. I think Forsberg could be a better fit with Getzlaf and Perry than Ryan. Not necessarily a better player in a vacuum, but it just seems like his game is a little better fit. Doesn't need the puck quite as much, can dominate the cycle, and (most imporantly) goes to the front for the one-timer.
Agreed 100%. Forsberg looks like he would fit perfectly on Perry's (sorry Getzlaf) line, but I don't think that justifys picking him at #6 if he is not the BPA.

Old
04-09-2012, 04:06 PM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

Funny because I always compare Forsberg to Perry -the agitator side of things.

I posted in the UFA thread that it makes more sense to move Ryan off the top line anyway and play him with Palmieri

77-15-10
Assuming Teemu and Koivu come back
7-11-8
51-63-9

Ryan loses the heat of the main defense and plays against weaker D and has good players to play with/mentor

Back to Forsberg I'm definitely higher on him than I was earlier. I'm just not sold on his readiness and there is the chance that he never hits his upside. That will always worry me. I don't know I guess my ranking now is

Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, Murray, Forsberg, Dumba, Trouba, Reinhart, Faksa, Rielly, Ceci, Gaunce, Maata, Teravainen, Collberg.

If Forsberg hits his upside, or barely misses, we'll have drafted an awesome player. And I think Anaheim will handle him better than team's like NYI, Carolina, etc. I'll be happy with either him or Trouba if the draft goes the way I expect it to.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:05 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Funny because I always compare Forsberg to Perry -the agitator side of things.

I posted in the UFA thread that it makes more sense to move Ryan off the top line anyway and play him with Palmieri

77-15-10
Assuming Teemu and Koivu come back
7-11-8
51-63-9

Ryan loses the heat of the main defense and plays against weaker D and has good players to play with/mentor

Back to Forsberg I'm definitely higher on him than I was earlier. I'm just not sold on his readiness and there is the chance that he never hits his upside. That will always worry me. I don't know I guess my ranking now is

Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, Murray, Forsberg, Dumba, Trouba, Reinhart, Faksa, Rielly, Ceci, Gaunce, Maata, Teravainen, Collberg.

If Forsberg hits his upside, or barely misses, we'll have drafted an awesome player. And I think Anaheim will handle him better than team's like NYI, Carolina, etc. I'll be happy with either him or Trouba if the draft goes the way I expect it to.
i was really liking the ryan - bonino - palmieri line with dsp on the first. i agree he needs to be off the first line in any case.

still hoping for a galy but i'm pretty sure were drafting a d man this year.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
But yeah that ranking is strange to say the least. Maata over Dumba, Trouba, and Reinhart?
He's been amazing the last few weeks. Haven't watched him recently?

Old
04-09-2012, 06:19 PM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

Quote:
He's been amazing the last few weeks. Haven't watched him recently?
Not really. I mean I understand the rise, but over guys like that?

Old
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
i was really liking the ryan - bonino - palmieri line with dsp on the first. i agree he needs to be off the first line in any case.

There's a lot of ways it could go. It could be a d-man, but it could also be Forsberg.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Not really. I mean I understand the rise, but over guys like that?
I trust the guys that have scouted all of them to make the right judgment.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post

that line is a waste, Ryan if kept needs to play with better players. Bonino is a 3rd/4th line player if he doesnt regress (i can see another McMillon) KP does not seem ready and being how small and undersized he is may never be more than Krog/Sexton/Ebbett Etc
This team sucked for a reason and its the personal

Old
04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

Quote:
I trust the guys that have scouted all of them to make the right judgment.
I would take any list CSS, McKenzie, FC...whatever with a grain of salt though. Rarely do those lists play out the same way as the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
that line is a waste, Ryan if kept needs to play with better players. Bonino is a 3rd/4th line player if he doesnt regress (i can see another McMillon) KP does not seem ready and being how small and undersized he is may never be more than Krog/Sexton/Ebbett Etc
This team sucked for a reason and its the personal
You must not have been watching his last stint. Palmieri is head, shoulders, and abdomen above those players.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
I would take any list CSS, McKenzie, FC...whatever with a grain of salt though. Rarely do those lists play out the same way as the draft.

You must not have been watching his last stint. Palmieri is head, shoulders, and abdomen above those players.
i think he may be better as well but with his lack of size counting on him to be a 2nd line player already is a recipe for disaster. Just because i do not agree with you does not mean i wasnt watching. Why is that always what everyone here has to resort to

Old
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
True, but you haven't scouted those players as much as they have, so you don't have a good reason to question why they prefer Maatta.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:55 PM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

Quote:
True, but you haven't scouted those players as much as they have, so you don't have a good reason to question why they prefer Maatta.
Fair enough. I'm gonna wait on McKenzie's survey list for my final judgement on how "crazy" or not CSS is.

Quote:
i think he may be better as well but with his lack of size counting on him to be a 2nd line player already is a recipe for disaster. Just because i do not agree with you does not mean i wasnt watching. Why is that always what everyone here has to resort to
Yeah that was pretty ignorant of me. In my honest opinion, Palmieri played like a pro, and odds are he's only going to come back stronger next year. The reason I think that line would be effective is being a third line, if the D isn't focusing their attention on the top lines, this line would attract attention away from them, or leave the second line free to play...if not, no one pays attention to the third line that gives Ryan less pressure and more room to work his magic this goes for Palmieri as well. In my opinion, Bobby played his best hockey away from Getzlaf and Perry this year. Normally I'd never switch up the offense like this but it looks like it could work. Take it for what it's worth, our predictions mean nothing when BB does his line rushes.

Old
04-09-2012, 07:42 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Quote:
He's really not that small, he's bigger than Sexton and Ebbett, even though not by much.

Size is not holding KP back, the game he plays suits his build. The kid has the skills to make it and he proved it in his last stint. Plus, look around the league, plenty of guys his size or smaller are some of the best out there.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
The thing that really separates Palmieri from the rest of that group is that he has a legitimate NHL shot. His size will keep him off the first line but he has the speed and shot to play on the second IMO.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:48 PM
teemuselanne

KP will not be a Sexton or Ebbett, his skillset is far more advanced than the both of them. I see him being a good 2nd line winger that puts up 20-25 goals a season, comparable to Matt Read.

As for the draft, the way I look at there will probably be one that slips out of the top 5. We'll probably have a choice between Trouba, Forsberg and the one slider (hopefully Gally).

Old
04-09-2012, 11:12 PM
GreatBear

Quote:
I agree that the Ducks generally need to get bigger on the second line. I got very tired of seeing them trapped in their own end this year, and getting bounced around by other teams with larger players.

If not next year, then the year after, the Ryan line is going to be the Ducks second line. A team can have one or two smaller players, and having Palmeri on a line with Ryan is fine as long as they have a decent size center.

I think that Grigorenko and Galchenyuk have the necessary size for us, but I do not that either is going to be around by the sixth draft choice. If we can't land one of those two centers then I favor either Trouba or Reinhart as a larger, stay at home defenseman.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:30 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBear View Post
I agree that the Ducks generally need to get bigger on the second line. I got very tired of seeing them trapped in their own end this year, and getting bounced around by other teams with larger players.

If not next year, then the year after, the Ryan line is going to be the Ducks second line. A team can have one or two smaller players, and having Palmeri on a line with Ryan is fine as long as they have a decent size center.

I think that Grigorenko and Galchenyuk have the necessary size for us, but I do not that either is going to be around by the sixth draft choice. If we can't land one of those two centers then I favor either Trouba or Reinhart as a larger, stay at home defenseman.
I so hope for Grigs at 6.. People can complain all they want about his compete level.. The kid has all the goods..

B. Ryan could do that kid wonders on the same line.

Closed Thread