HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To Bourque or not to Bourque

Old
04-09-2012, 02:58 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

vCash: 500
Gomez had more good games than him this year. That SAYS alot

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Gomez had more good games than him this year. That SAYS alot
Ouch! But He;s correct to be mad! Montreal is not Alberta. You have to show people you can work in the East.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
He's just one of these guys that have to be reminded over and over, what to do, when to do it and how to do it. I think Cunneyworth had lots of things to deal with and didn't have the time to give him the proper care he needed hopefully with a new set of coaches he will become a power forward like he's supposed to be.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
He's just one of these guys that have to be reminded over and over, what to do, when to do it and how to do it. I think Cunneyworth had lots of things to deal with and didn't have the time to give him the proper care he needed hopefully with a new set of coaches he will become a power forward like he's supposed to be.
So pretty much a lemming? I just forget sometimes in a BIG City that has to worry about things like getting aircraft in on time at our Airports to police service to having simple things like Ambulances & Fire placed strategically across the Island... that a grown man need to be baby sat.

Just shut Up get to the Rink use your body. & try to Score! Do Your job.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:58 AM
David_99

I wonder if Moen can mentor him next year. Moen and Eller may be able to cover some of his mistakes and maybe teach him a thing or two about a two way game. Sometimes it rubs off on these players but sometimes it drags the whole line down.

Hopefully the new GM and Coach will be great communicators. Actually take players under their wing and teach them. Not benching them every game for making mistakes and not telling them why, until one day they snap at the media and we trade them for players like Bourque lol.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Teufelsdreck

What mystifies me most about Bourque is his apparent lack of desire to live up to his renowned father's legacy. Would he rather be in a meadow sniffing the flowers but staying in the NHL to amass the wealth he'll need for a comfortable retirement?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
What mystifies me most about Bourque is his apparent lack of desire to live up to his renowned father's legacy. Would he rather be in a meadow sniffing the flowers but staying in the NHL to amass the wealth he'll need for a comfortable retirement?
What father? Raymond's children are Ryan and Chris. Not René unless you are talking about another father I don't know about...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:50 AM
MM425

Quote:
Rene isn't related to Raymond in any way... Rene may sound like he's a Quebecer but really he is from Northern Alberta.

Anyways, I think Bourque will probably be back though I wouldn't be shocked if he was dealt again in the off season either.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What father? Raymond's children are Ryan and Chris. Not René unless you are talking about another father I don't know about...
He's talking about Joe Bourque World Famous Lacross master.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
?????? Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Eller Moen
White ????? Staubitz
Geoffrion

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:16 AM
LeMAD

He's doing all kinds of bad things on the ice, but I don't see the "bad attitude" part.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Bourque has earned 4million$ in 2011-12, he will earn 3m$ next year and in 2013-14 4m$, how's that... we get a 1m$ rebate next year.

The guy is the worst example of a poor sport to have played in Montreal since Mike Ribeiro. He whines a lot, probably complains like a real B*** when he gets home to his wife, he has no clue what to do on the ice and probably dreams of seeing homy oil sands again.

But can the beast be tempered? It's probably a waste to give him away for some random pick or another Hamilton talent. What if by some miracle he comes out next year and scores 25 goals and 25 assists.

His last two seasons:

2010-2011 Flames 80 27 23 50 -17
2011-2012 Flames 38 13 3 16 -3
2011-2012 Canadiens 38 5 3 8 -16

His defensive play is terrible, with 76 games in Montreal that's a -32 +/- rating.

What does he need? a kick in the butt, Randy Cunneyworth wasn't the type and I'm afraid few coaches might be able to push him, but I think it's possible.

If I was GM I'd base my decision on a coin toss, what about you?

I think it would be bad asset mangement to dump him now. Start him on the 3rd line with Eller after a kick in the pants, I'm sure he'll bounce back.

To me he looks like a guy that's lost his mojo a bit offensively this year. Put him in a smaller role and take some pressure off and challenge him to rebound. At his cap hit it's not hard to see him outproducing it. If he was a 4.5-5 mil cap hit then maybe you look at moving him even if you get nothing back.

He isn't the only guy not to produce with Cunneyworth.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
My mistake, for which I apologize. However, he should still try to honor that name.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
My mistake, for which I apologize. However, he should still try to honor that name.
No need to apologize. Just wanted to transmit the infos. You are not the first one who thinks that.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:48 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I've seen nothing from him to make me think he's a poor sport, that he complains a lot or that he whines when he comes back home.

You may not like the player, but leave the person out of it. I think he was given fair chances and he didn't make the most of it. I was disappointed that while he wasn't producing, he wasn't at least playing more physical. That's how you build your confidence back up.

He looked disinterested, but the fact is, we're stuck with that contract for a while. Might as well give him another chance, in a new role, under a new coach, under a different system. Who knows, he could bounce back. You don't score 27 goals two seasons in a row without talent and perseverance.
I agree with you all the way.

Say all you want about him not showing up but I don't think he's whining or being a prima dona. People who thought AK had no passion and looked disinterested can now see what it is to not give a damn about the game.

I still think he needs another fair shot under a new coach because right now he's our 3rd best winger (Gionta maybe better but he's aging).

Last edited by PK76: 04-09-2012 at 08:14 AM.
PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:04 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
I agree with you all the way.

Say all you want about him not showing up but I don't think he's whining or being a prima dona. People who thought AK had no passion and looked disinterested can now see what it is to not give a damn about the game.

I still think he needs another fair shot under a new coach because right now he's our 3rd best winger right now (Gionta maybe better but he's aging).
The biggest knock I had heard about Bourque was motivation issues - no way his motivation was gonna improve coming to the train wreck we were last season. When he cares he can be a force (sounds a lot like a guy we dealt not that long ago lol). Give him a chance with a clean slate next year and see how he does.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:12 AM
habsfan92

So the fans complain about AK, and PG goes to get a player who is less consistent, less talented, slower, and has no chemistry with anybody to replace him-and basically costs more money than what it would have taken to keep AK here.
Another awful pickup. How do you get rid of him. He doesnt play with Iginla here, and so won't even get a sniff of 20 goals next year.
Good job!

habsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:12 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Bourque, can not be the 2nd best player on a line, as he was playing with Plek. I think that line could be much better with Gionta playing RW.

As for his defensively play, its not as bad as it looks on paper. He plays the PK, and does a good job on it, and he has played with Plek the whole time here who isn't having a horrible season in the +/- area. Heck he was only -3 all year with the Flames.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:17 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Rene isn't related to Raymond in any way... Rene may sound like he's a Quebecer but really he is from Northern Alberta.

Anyways, I think Bourque will probably be back though I wouldn't be shocked if he was dealt again in the off season either.
And there lies the problem.

He's a follower and not a leader by any stretch of the imagination. Never cared for the trade to begin with so I'm not a fan. But I'd be willing to give him a second chance. May have to anyway. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Belso

Another one of Gauthier's mistakes.. Sorry. He knew for a fact he had a reputation for not giving a damn. He said it was a fresh start. And what did he do? Nothing. People here complained about AK. At least AK hit. Might have been inconsistent, but he was better than Bourque and he seemed to actually care.

The season went to crap it got worse. Kaberle and Bourque were supposed to help.. How many goals did Rene score in a Habs uniform? 3?

I hope he's moved. Use the cap space one someone worth the Salary.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Marchy79

This guy was a disappointment so far. But the whole season was disappointing.

Im not to the point where it's an absolute must he has to go yet... 38 games was not a large enough pool to really base that conclusion on... That's not to say he WOULDNT be available if the right deal came along... But I am still intrigued by his background.

He was Co-Captain of his NCAA team, and has popped 20 goals 3 times, 2 of them being over 25 goals. 50 points, twice.

IMO he had a very frustrating season, and Calgary was looking to offload him more or les for a year prior to it being done.

I am looking forward to see what he can provide given a full on role for a full season. Some guys take time to really fit in, and perhaps Bourque is one of those guys who just cant fit in right off the hop... (Not saying for sure, but it's possible).

What I do know, is if Bourque brings his game back to 2 years ago, this will be an awesome deal for us. He seemed to be distracted this year... Howver I do have to also say, if Patrick Roy is around, IMO this is the kind of player that will be turned around by a tempered coach such as that.

There is NO WAY he gets the same pass when St. Patrick is behind the bench. IMO the intensity will return, and perhaps even more so that Calgary.

I heard here before that there was off-ice issues... I just dont know what they were.

I dont see the same Bourque coming back next year IMO... I guess it is possible... But I honestly dont believe it will happen. He just needs to get motivsted for his career once again... He IS happy to be here... Now he just needs to see the magic when we are a winning hockey team.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:52 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Bourque is like a winger Campoli.

He was good for the tank though!

And I'm still glad Cammy is gone, I'd rather have a useless Bourque for 3 Million than a selfish 6 Million Cammy trying to do things his own way just to lose the puck everytime.

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
give him another chance. 38 games on a last place team isn't a great sample size. ideally, he should be playing third line. maybe DD would like as his winger?

yes he has been playing terribly but what are the odds he suddenly loses his talent and never plays well again? like gomez? oh****....
Agreed. Some players respond well to a trade, some don't. With time to adjust to his new environment, his new teammates, there's a good chance he'll be substantially better next year.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Habbadasher

New GM = clean slate, most times

He might be dealt, but the return would be very low at this point, that would not be good.

Last edited by Habbadasher: 04-09-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:34 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

I really wanna see Bourque have a good offseason of conditioning and then come in next year and have the chance to play with DD and Cole, with Pacioretty playing with Plekanec.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote