HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2013-2014

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2012, 07:44 PM
  #26
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme
 
King Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 500
Im predicting right now that Huberdeau is the number one prospect in the rankings when they do the next ranking

King Panther is offline  
Old
04-09-2012, 01:23 AM
  #27
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
At the end of last season I said that I would do a comparison of 19-20 year old numbers for Bjugstad and Shore after Bjugstad finished this season.

Shore- 40GP 46P
Bjugstad-40GP 42P

Shore slightly edges him out. I was disappointed that Bjugstad's production slowed down after he came back from his shoulder injury because if he had kept up a similar pace it would be a more accurate comparison. But I guess that's part of the deal. IIRC Shore was injured last season too. Bjugstad looked pretty good at the end of the season though. I thought he looked really good last night, the Eagles just ran over Minny though. That team is ridiculously stacked. Denver last season was pretty similar to Minny this season, I'd say almost identical quality teams, both with two good scoring lines, solid defenses, and great goaltending. Both great teams, but not national juggernauts. Denver was 3rd in the WCHA last season, Minny was 1st this season. So taking this all into account, it makes for a pretty accurate comparison. Take from it what you will. I still think Bjugstad has a higher upside, and I think what he will bring to the table in the NHL as a complete package can't be measured right now in points alone, but Shore is a pretty damn good prospect in his own right. I think for him it will come down to how dirty he wants to get and molding his game more to that of a pro player. If he can do that well though, I think he will be a very, very good NHL forward. With every passing game, Bjugstad looks to me more and more like Backes 2.0. So similar.
Not sure how much you see Blake Wheeler. Or pay attention to him. Close to the same height different build. Wheeler was drafted at 185 i think. Made it up to 230+ and is now listed at 208. It took Wheels a bit to not only muscle out and lean out. He was just plain ol growing. Bjugstad is a lot leaner as he was a tennis player. He will add some weight and then lean out too.

Yeah i am a gopher fan. But i think if you give him one more year to get used to his body and size he will be even better coming in.

MN_Gopher is offline  
Old
04-09-2012, 09:42 AM
  #28
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Not sure how much you see Blake Wheeler. Or pay attention to him. Close to the same height different build. Wheeler was drafted at 185 i think. Made it up to 230+ and is now listed at 208. It took Wheels a bit to not only muscle out and lean out. He was just plain ol growing. Bjugstad is a lot leaner as he was a tennis player. He will add some weight and then lean out too.

Yeah i am a gopher fan. But i think if you give him one more year to get used to his body and size he will be even better coming in.
Well, Bjugstad will definitely spend at least a year in the AHL before he comes up to the bigs, as will Shore. I thought after Bjugstad slowed down in the 2nd half that he would be going back for one more year, but I can guarantee you that Tallon and his management team always do what is best for the prospects. They are all about giving prospects the necessary time that they need. If they decide that it won't hurt Bjugstad to leave college now, then I trust their decision.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-09-2012, 01:57 PM
  #29
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
Im predicting right now that Huberdeau is the number one prospect in the rankings when they do the next ranking
I see Nail Yakupov going #1. Huberdeau will be #2 or #3.

ShootIt is online now  
Old
04-11-2012, 05:12 PM
  #30
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,036
vCash: 500
Howden is 3rd in WHL playoff scoring right now behind only the two from the Winterhawks powerhouse, Rattie and Baertshci. The Warriors are 3-0 up on the Tigers in the 2nd round. i don't think MJ will beat Portland, but I think they could still advance to the Finals, which would be a great experience for Howden.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 01:57 AM
  #31
iam76
Registered User
 
iam76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
6 goals 8 assists for Huber through 6 games..

As they start playing better and better teams you will see him start to score more points. Right now others are having their way will weaker teams players.

iam76 is online now  
Old
04-12-2012, 09:29 AM
  #32
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,808
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Howden is 3rd in WHL playoff scoring right now behind only the two from the Winterhawks powerhouse, Rattie and Baertshci. The Warriors are 3-0 up on the Tigers in the 2nd round. i don't think MJ will beat Portland, but I think they could still advance to the Finals, which would be a great experience for Howden.
Bartschi might be Skinner-lite.

Solid news that Howden is having a good playoffs. I still see him as a complimentary Top 6 player. 50-60 points at his peak, but excellent skating and forechecking, and generally, just the type of player required after the impact Forwards.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 12:46 PM
  #33
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Solid news that Howden is having a good playoffs. I still see him as a complimentary Top 6 player. 50-60 points at his peak, but excellent skating and forechecking, and generally, just the type of player required after the impact Forwards.
I think you're right about that. He'll never be an elite scorer in the NHL, but his upside does put him as an effective second-line winger that can score, forecheck, and alter the tempo of a game. He could be serious transitional player that takes advantage of opponent miscues.

__________________
Follow me on Twitter! @Brian_Fogarty
Brian Fogarty is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
  #34
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fogarty View Post
I think you're right about that. He'll never be an elite scorer in the NHL, but his upside does put him as an effective second-line winger that can score, forecheck, and alter the tempo of a game. He could be serious transitional player that takes advantage of opponent miscues.
Yeah, with his speed I think he will be deadly to turn the puck over to. A Dvorak that can score.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-13-2012, 07:52 AM
  #35
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,594
vCash: 500
Vincent Trocheck.. what a steal.. I'm loving this player.. he has been absolutely outstanding for Saginaw this year..

Had both goals when Saginaw lost 2-5 to London last night.

http://www.saginawspirit.com/video/i...5f308ca1f51061


Last edited by AwesomePanthers: 04-13-2012 at 08:03 AM.
AwesomePanthers is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
  #36
collegehockeyguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
rau named freshman all american

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...oshaa_2012.htm

collegehockeyguy is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 11:35 PM
  #37
Hockey8Alberta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Knight Injured

Corban Knight played 3 months with a broken hand. He has also confirmed, according to the article, that he is returning for his senior year.
Article here http://undhockey.areavoices.com/

Hockey8Alberta is offline  
Old
04-23-2012, 12:54 PM
  #38
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,476
vCash: 500
Vincent Trocheck Signed to ELC per Panthers/Twitter.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 12:15 AM
  #39
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 835
Now that Moose Jaw is out, is there any way Howden can play with San Antonio?

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 12:18 AM
  #40
WhalerPanther
Registered User
 
WhalerPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
That would be awesome as the team could use the offense and it would give him great exposure as has happened for Shore so far. Shore has been paired with Matsumoto and James Wright on what could be called line 1B or 1A after Kearns, Cullen and Thomas

WhalerPanther is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 12:23 AM
  #41
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Well, Bjugstad will definitely spend at least a year in the AHL before he comes up to the bigs, as will Shore. I thought after Bjugstad slowed down in the 2nd half that he would be going back for one more year, but I can guarantee you that Tallon and his management team always do what is best for the prospects. They are all about giving prospects the necessary time that they need. If they decide that it won't hurt Bjugstad to leave college now, then I trust their decision.
Bjugstad might be my 2nd favourite Panthers prospect (behind Markstrom and ahead of Huberdeau). I wanted Markstrom and even Huberdeau up this season. However, I think it's a NO BRAINER to keep Bjugstad another year with the Gophers/EDIT: AHL (and Shore in AHL). It just makes too much sense to stagger the prospect years on ELC's especially the forwards at this point. Nooooo rush


Last edited by CanadianPantherFan: 04-28-2012 at 12:41 AM.
CanadianPantherFan is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 12:31 AM
  #42
WhalerPanther
Registered User
 
WhalerPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
Are you expecting Bjugstad to return to Minnesota for another year? He will be 20 so he can play in the AHL. Howden and McFarland are both 20 now also and I believe Donskoi is also. Do you think any or all of them end up in San Antonio next year with Shore and Petrovic?

WhalerPanther is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 01:54 AM
  #43
ursavolta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: miami, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
i think donskoi signed a 2 year deal with his euro team..

ursavolta is offline  
Old
04-29-2012, 06:40 AM
  #44
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?
 
Panthers are Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By my computer
Country: England
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerPanther View Post
Are you expecting Bjugstad to return to Minnesota for another year? He will be 20 so he can play in the AHL. Howden and McFarland are both 20 now also and I believe Donskoi is also. Do you think any or all of them end up in San Antonio next year with Shore and Petrovic?
I am really exciting about seeing all these guys moving into the AHL and seeing how they do at the pro level. We have a whole bunch of prospects that seem to be ready to take the next step.

I don't know what Bjugstad is going to do and obviously it is up to him but he seems to have been really successful this year in Minnesota and don't know how much more he has to prove there before moving to the next level. If he does move to on it will also be interesting to see how Rau does without having another top guy playing with him and seeing how his production changes.

Panthers are Red is offline  
Old
04-29-2012, 06:56 AM
  #45
SoupyFIN
Moderator
Lu ♥
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 19,682
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
i think donskoi signed a 2 year deal with his euro team..
Yup, except it was only a 1 year deal.

SoupyFIN is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
  #46
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerPanther View Post
Are you expecting Bjugstad to return to Minnesota for another year? He will be 20 so he can play in the AHL. Howden and McFarland are both 20 now also and I believe Donskoi is also. Do you think any or all of them end up in San Antonio next year with Shore and Petrovic?
Bjugstad has said he'll make his decision after finals (mid-May) regarding whether he stays at UM another year or not. Howden will be pro next season, no question, but whether it's in San Antonio or south Florida, I don't know. McFarland is tricky. He missed the last half of the season with a shoulder injury, but I doubt the Panthers will return him to Ottawa for an overage year. He'll very likely be in San Antonio. Donskoi (as mentioned by others above) will definitely be in Europe next season.

Still, San Antonio should be an incredibly fun team to watch next season. Markstrom will be gone so goaltending may be a question, but they'll have some serious speed and talent up front and a full year of Petrovic will have opponents freaking out when they try to enter the SA zone.

It's a good time to be a Rampage fan.

Brian Fogarty is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
  #47
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,808
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fogarty View Post
Bjugstad has said he'll make his decision after finals (mid-May) regarding whether he stays at UM another year or not. Howden will be pro next season, no question, but whether it's in San Antonio or south Florida, I don't know. McFarland is tricky. He missed the last half of the season with a shoulder injury, but I doubt the Panthers will return him to Ottawa for an overage year. He'll very likely be in San Antonio. Donskoi (as mentioned by others above) will definitely be in Europe next season.

Still, San Antonio should be an incredibly fun team to watch next season. Markstrom will be gone so goaltending may be a question, but they'll have some serious speed and talent up front and a full year of Petrovic will have opponents freaking out when they try to enter the SA zone.

It's a good time to be a Rampage fan.
Is it guranteed that Markstrom will be NHL bound? I am unaware of the decisions regarding Theo and Clemm, and whether the organisation deems Markstrom ready. I'd still prefer Markstrom in the AHL over being the backup at this point. Despite his prodigeous early career, Markstrom is still only 22 ; younger than many of the other percieved high end young Goalies who have also yet to make the NHL as a starter.

Howden will surely have his chance to make the team, and i'd expect him to be somewhat productive in the AHL from the get-go, although how productive is always difficult to tell. Bjugstad, likewise. McFarland could well end up in the ECHL next year at some point. It's very difficult to project how he will handle the transition. Wilson, Jenks are recent examples of players with similar or better stat lines and percieved two way and physical ability, yet have struggled immensely. The Pro transition is icnredibly hard for most prospects.

Donskoi should stay in Europe. The AHL is not the place for him to develop. He still needs to develop his abilities into production, and the AHL should never be used as such for European prospects in my opinion. Not unless they have sufficient NA experience already (I.E CHL)

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 05:18 PM
  #48
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme
 
King Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 500
Is this the right place to ask something about the draft?

Am I correct in thinking that we want all the 1, 2, and 3 seeds to get eliminated so that we can get the highest draft pick available to us which would be 23?

King Panther is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 06:58 AM
  #49
SoupyFIN
Moderator
Lu ♥
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 19,682
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
Is this the right place to ask something about the draft?

Am I correct in thinking that we want all the 1, 2, and 3 seeds to get eliminated so that we can get the highest draft pick available to us which would be 23?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1145629&page=4

SoupyFIN is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 07:20 AM
  #50
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,372
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Curious if you guys think Shirokov will ever put on a Panther uniform? He might be a nice way to bring a jolt to our offense without having to spend ridiculously in FA. I know the chances are slim. He went back to Russia, yada yada. But he went back when Vancouver still owned his rights, and his chances of playing on THAT team were slim to none. Surely Dale just hasn't shuffled him to the bottom of the spect stack and forgot about him? Do you guys think Tallon is going to try and talk him into coming back and playing?

Love this guy's talent. Don't want to see it rot in Russia.

I May Be Wrong is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.