HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2013-2014

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2012, 07:44 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

vCash: 500
Im predicting right now that Huberdeau is the number one prospect in the rankings when they do the next ranking

Old
04-09-2012, 01:23 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
At the end of last season I said that I would do a comparison of 19-20 year old numbers for Bjugstad and Shore after Bjugstad finished this season.

Shore- 40GP 46P
Bjugstad-40GP 42P

Shore slightly edges him out. I was disappointed that Bjugstad's production slowed down after he came back from his shoulder injury because if he had kept up a similar pace it would be a more accurate comparison. But I guess that's part of the deal. IIRC Shore was injured last season too. Bjugstad looked pretty good at the end of the season though. I thought he looked really good last night, the Eagles just ran over Minny though. That team is ridiculously stacked. Denver last season was pretty similar to Minny this season, I'd say almost identical quality teams, both with two good scoring lines, solid defenses, and great goaltending. Both great teams, but not national juggernauts. Denver was 3rd in the WCHA last season, Minny was 1st this season. So taking this all into account, it makes for a pretty accurate comparison. Take from it what you will. I still think Bjugstad has a higher upside, and I think what he will bring to the table in the NHL as a complete package can't be measured right now in points alone, but Shore is a pretty damn good prospect in his own right. I think for him it will come down to how dirty he wants to get and molding his game more to that of a pro player. If he can do that well though, I think he will be a very, very good NHL forward. With every passing game, Bjugstad looks to me more and more like Backes 2.0. So similar.
Not sure how much you see Blake Wheeler. Or pay attention to him. Close to the same height different build. Wheeler was drafted at 185 i think. Made it up to 230+ and is now listed at 208. It took Wheels a bit to not only muscle out and lean out. He was just plain ol growing. Bjugstad is a lot leaner as he was a tennis player. He will add some weight and then lean out too.

Yeah i am a gopher fan. But i think if you give him one more year to get used to his body and size he will be even better coming in.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Not sure how much you see Blake Wheeler. Or pay attention to him. Close to the same height different build. Wheeler was drafted at 185 i think. Made it up to 230+ and is now listed at 208. It took Wheels a bit to not only muscle out and lean out. He was just plain ol growing. Bjugstad is a lot leaner as he was a tennis player. He will add some weight and then lean out too.

Yeah i am a gopher fan. But i think if you give him one more year to get used to his body and size he will be even better coming in.
Well, Bjugstad will definitely spend at least a year in the AHL before he comes up to the bigs, as will Shore. I thought after Bjugstad slowed down in the 2nd half that he would be going back for one more year, but I can guarantee you that Tallon and his management team always do what is best for the prospects. They are all about giving prospects the necessary time that they need. If they decide that it won't hurt Bjugstad to leave college now, then I trust their decision.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:57 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
Im predicting right now that Huberdeau is the number one prospect in the rankings when they do the next ranking
I see Nail Yakupov going #1. Huberdeau will be #2 or #3.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Howden is 3rd in WHL playoff scoring right now behind only the two from the Winterhawks powerhouse, Rattie and Baertshci. The Warriors are 3-0 up on the Tigers in the 2nd round. i don't think MJ will beat Portland, but I think they could still advance to the Finals, which would be a great experience for Howden.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:57 AM
iam76

6 goals 8 assists for Huber through 6 games..

As they start playing better and better teams you will see him start to score more points. Right now others are having their way will weaker teams players.

Old
04-12-2012, 09:29 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Howden is 3rd in WHL playoff scoring right now behind only the two from the Winterhawks powerhouse, Rattie and Baertshci. The Warriors are 3-0 up on the Tigers in the 2nd round. i don't think MJ will beat Portland, but I think they could still advance to the Finals, which would be a great experience for Howden.
Bartschi might be Skinner-lite.

Solid news that Howden is having a good playoffs. I still see him as a complimentary Top 6 player. 50-60 points at his peak, but excellent skating and forechecking, and generally, just the type of player required after the impact Forwards.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Solid news that Howden is having a good playoffs. I still see him as a complimentary Top 6 player. 50-60 points at his peak, but excellent skating and forechecking, and generally, just the type of player required after the impact Forwards.
I think you're right about that. He'll never be an elite scorer in the NHL, but his upside does put him as an effective second-line winger that can score, forecheck, and alter the tempo of a game. He could be serious transitional player that takes advantage of opponent miscues.

04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fogarty View Post
I think you're right about that. He'll never be an elite scorer in the NHL, but his upside does put him as an effective second-line winger that can score, forecheck, and alter the tempo of a game. He could be serious transitional player that takes advantage of opponent miscues.
Yeah, with his speed I think he will be deadly to turn the puck over to. A Dvorak that can score.

Old
04-13-2012, 07:52 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Vincent Trocheck.. what a steal.. I'm loving this player.. he has been absolutely outstanding for Saginaw this year..

Had both goals when Saginaw lost 2-5 to London last night.

http://www.saginawspirit.com/video/i...5f308ca1f51061

Last edited by AwesomePanthers: 04-13-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
collegehockeyguy

rau named freshman all american

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...oshaa_2012.htm

Old
04-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Hockey8Alberta

Knight Injured

Corban Knight played 3 months with a broken hand. He has also confirmed, according to the article, that he is returning for his senior year.
Article here http://undhockey.areavoices.com/

Old
04-23-2012, 12:54 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Vincent Trocheck Signed to ELC per Panthers/Twitter.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Now that Moose Jaw is out, is there any way Howden can play with San Antonio?

-ghoste

Old
04-28-2012, 12:18 AM
WhalerPanther

Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
That would be awesome as the team could use the offense and it would give him great exposure as has happened for Shore so far. Shore has been paired with Matsumoto and James Wright on what could be called line 1B or 1A after Kearns, Cullen and Thomas

Old
04-28-2012, 12:23 AM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Well, Bjugstad will definitely spend at least a year in the AHL before he comes up to the bigs, as will Shore. I thought after Bjugstad slowed down in the 2nd half that he would be going back for one more year, but I can guarantee you that Tallon and his management team always do what is best for the prospects. They are all about giving prospects the necessary time that they need. If they decide that it won't hurt Bjugstad to leave college now, then I trust their decision.
Bjugstad might be my 2nd favourite Panthers prospect (behind Markstrom and ahead of Huberdeau). I wanted Markstrom and even Huberdeau up this season. However, I think it's a NO BRAINER to keep Bjugstad another year with the Gophers/EDIT: AHL (and Shore in AHL). It just makes too much sense to stagger the prospect years on ELC's especially the forwards at this point. Nooooo rush

Last edited by CanadianPantherFan: 04-28-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old
04-28-2012, 12:31 AM
WhalerPanther

Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
Are you expecting Bjugstad to return to Minnesota for another year? He will be 20 so he can play in the AHL. Howden and McFarland are both 20 now also and I believe Donskoi is also. Do you think any or all of them end up in San Antonio next year with Shore and Petrovic?

Old
04-28-2012, 01:54 AM
ursavolta

i think donskoi signed a 2 year deal with his euro team..

Old
04-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerPanther View Post
Are you expecting Bjugstad to return to Minnesota for another year? He will be 20 so he can play in the AHL. Howden and McFarland are both 20 now also and I believe Donskoi is also. Do you think any or all of them end up in San Antonio next year with Shore and Petrovic?
I am really exciting about seeing all these guys moving into the AHL and seeing how they do at the pro level. We have a whole bunch of prospects that seem to be ready to take the next step.

I don't know what Bjugstad is going to do and obviously it is up to him but he seems to have been really successful this year in Minnesota and don't know how much more he has to prove there before moving to the next level. If he does move to on it will also be interesting to see how Rau does without having another top guy playing with him and seeing how his production changes.

Old
04-29-2012, 06:56 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
i think donskoi signed a 2 year deal with his euro team..
Yup, except it was only a 1 year deal.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerPanther View Post
Bjugstad has said he'll make his decision after finals (mid-May) regarding whether he stays at UM another year or not. Howden will be pro next season, no question, but whether it's in San Antonio or south Florida, I don't know. McFarland is tricky. He missed the last half of the season with a shoulder injury, but I doubt the Panthers will return him to Ottawa for an overage year. He'll very likely be in San Antonio. Donskoi (as mentioned by others above) will definitely be in Europe next season.

Still, San Antonio should be an incredibly fun team to watch next season. Markstrom will be gone so goaltending may be a question, but they'll have some serious speed and talent up front and a full year of Petrovic will have opponents freaking out when they try to enter the SA zone.

It's a good time to be a Rampage fan.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fogarty View Post
Bjugstad has said he'll make his decision after finals (mid-May) regarding whether he stays at UM another year or not. Howden will be pro next season, no question, but whether it's in San Antonio or south Florida, I don't know. McFarland is tricky. He missed the last half of the season with a shoulder injury, but I doubt the Panthers will return him to Ottawa for an overage year. He'll very likely be in San Antonio. Donskoi (as mentioned by others above) will definitely be in Europe next season.

Still, San Antonio should be an incredibly fun team to watch next season. Markstrom will be gone so goaltending may be a question, but they'll have some serious speed and talent up front and a full year of Petrovic will have opponents freaking out when they try to enter the SA zone.

It's a good time to be a Rampage fan.
Is it guranteed that Markstrom will be NHL bound? I am unaware of the decisions regarding Theo and Clemm, and whether the organisation deems Markstrom ready. I'd still prefer Markstrom in the AHL over being the backup at this point. Despite his prodigeous early career, Markstrom is still only 22 ; younger than many of the other percieved high end young Goalies who have also yet to make the NHL as a starter.

Howden will surely have his chance to make the team, and i'd expect him to be somewhat productive in the AHL from the get-go, although how productive is always difficult to tell. Bjugstad, likewise. McFarland could well end up in the ECHL next year at some point. It's very difficult to project how he will handle the transition. Wilson, Jenks are recent examples of players with similar or better stat lines and percieved two way and physical ability, yet have struggled immensely. The Pro transition is icnredibly hard for most prospects.

Donskoi should stay in Europe. The AHL is not the place for him to develop. He still needs to develop his abilities into production, and the AHL should never be used as such for European prospects in my opinion. Not unless they have sufficient NA experience already (I.E CHL)

Old
04-30-2012, 05:18 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Is this the right place to ask something about the draft?

Am I correct in thinking that we want all the 1, 2, and 3 seeds to get eliminated so that we can get the highest draft pick available to us which would be 23?

Old
05-01-2012, 06:58 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
Is this the right place to ask something about the draft?

Am I correct in thinking that we want all the 1, 2, and 3 seeds to get eliminated so that we can get the highest draft pick available to us which would be 23?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1145629&page=4

Old
05-01-2012, 07:20 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Curious if you guys think Shirokov will ever put on a Panther uniform? He might be a nice way to bring a jolt to our offense without having to spend ridiculously in FA. I know the chances are slim. He went back to Russia, yada yada. But he went back when Vancouver still owned his rights, and his chances of playing on THAT team were slim to none. Surely Dale just hasn't shuffled him to the bottom of the spect stack and forgot about him? Do you guys think Tallon is going to try and talk him into coming back and playing?

Love this guy's talent. Don't want to see it rot in Russia.

Closed Thread