Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
1damn closer to never seeing corvo again
Can't wait.

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-09-2012, 11:16 AM
nycbruins*

vCash: 500
I love revenge as much as the next guy, but the B's can't get focused on what Chimera did or didn't do. We're the best 5-on-5 team in the league with no real PP to speak of (I still think if they just move the puck faster guys like Chara, Rolston & Seguin would be open far more often, but what do I know?)

They have big forwards that are going to crash our d-men and try to goad Chara & others. Don't retaliate, just get angry and do what the Bruins do when they're angry.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 743
[QUOTE=nycbruins;47605869]I love revenge as much as the next guy, but the B's can't get focused on what Chimera did or didn't do. We're the best 5-on-5 team in the league with no real PP to speak of (I still think if they just move the puck faster guys like Chara, Rolston & Seguin would be open far more often, but what do I know?)

They have big forwards that are going to crash our d-men and try to goad Chara & others. Don't retaliate, just get angry and do what the Bruins do when they're angry.[/QUOTE]

You got that right. I know a couple of the B's that play better when they are pissed off ( I love an angry Z).

I don't think the Caps will be an easy win.

04-10-2012, 04:41 AM
sooshii
Believe in Boston

Injury Report? Maybe not, but great to read @Savvy91 tweet:
"I'm so in love and very happy."

Old
04-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
That made my day

Old
04-10-2012, 08:04 AM
BMC
#BostonStrong

That is great news for Marc he deserves to be happy after everything he has been through.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Scotto74

I really hope Quaider is good to go. Missing him is huge in my opinion. He is just so solid and intimidating back there.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
04-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I really hope Quaider is good to go. Missing him is huge in my opinion. He is just so solid and intimidating back there.
Yup. Definitely concerned that he hasn't been skating. I was also concerned on Saturday, I sat in a different seat and you could see the guys who weren't dressed up on the 9th floor. McQuaid wasn't there, and we thought it might have been because of the lights/noise or something. But he went out for the post game ceremony, so who knows.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Scotto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Yup. Definitely concerned that he hasn't been skating. I was also concerned on Saturday, I sat in a different seat and you could see the guys who weren't dressed up on the 9th floor. McQuaid wasn't there, and we thought it might have been because of the lights/noise or something. But he went out for the post game ceremony, so who knows.
I think he was a bigger factor in the cup run last year than Boychuk was. He was just solid game in and game out without the bad pinch's that JB had in every series.

I like Boychuk's game but I like Quaiders better for playoffs.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think he was a bigger factor in the cup run last year than Boychuk was. He was just solid game in and game out without the bad pinch's that JB had in every series.

I like Boychuk's game but I like Quaiders better for playoffs.
I'm a huge McQuaid supporter, so I'm with you on all of this.

And there's the added bonus of being able to leave Corvo upstairs to sample the popcorn across the league.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:31 AM
CamFan81
Derp

i honestly thought Mcquaid's play this past 1 1/2 seasons made Johnny Boychuk dispensable... I like Johnny boychuk don't get me wrong, but his decisions past the red line scare the bajesus out of me during the playoffs last year.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
I agree. I am a little worried about him.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Number8

Quote:
I was nervous in the Ottawa game. Quaider was near Neil in the Boston crease after a scrum around Khudobin. Had kind of a blank stare on his face and showed zero interest in Neil who was looking right at him.

If McQuad is even close to 100% he has a maniacal grin on his face and is pushing the envelope with Neil. As he wasn't, it made me think then that the "two games off for a swollen eye" seemed wishful thinking. Hope he's healing -- we need him.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:34 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
i honestly thought Mcquaid's play this past 1 1/2 seasons made Johnny Boychuk dispensable... I like Johnny boychuk don't get me wrong, but his decisions past the red line scare the bajesus out of me during the playoffs last year.

You thought wrong. Boychuk is playing 5 more minutes a game than McQuaid and he plays a top 4 role on this team, who just happens to be one of the best defensive teams in the league. McQuaid is a great bottom pairing d-man, he's tough as nails, but he's not on Boychuk's level.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
You thought wrong. Boychuk is playing 5 more minutes a game than McQuaid and he plays a top 4 role on this team, who just happens to be one of the best defensive teams in the league. McQuaid is a great bottom pairing d-man, he's tough as nails, but he's not on Boychuk's level.
I agree with this. Outside of the fact that they are both tough and can be scary as all hell to an opposing player, they play different roles. It took me a bit to come around on Boychuk, but this team needs both.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
I was nervous in the Ottawa game. Quaider was near Neil in the Boston crease after a scrum around Khudobin. Had kind of a blank stare on his face and showed zero interest in Neil who was looking right at him.

If McQuad is even close to 100% he has a maniacal grin on his face and is pushing the envelope with Neil. As he wasn't, it made me think then that the "two games off for a swollen eye" seemed wishful thinking. Hope he's healing -- we need him.
Thought the same thing. I remember that moment.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:32 AM
NordicBruin91
Bleed Black & Gold

Send a message via AIM to NordicBruin91
Just got an update on my Bruins mobile - Horton will miss entire playoffs due to concussion.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
spoons
Top Shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
Just got an update on my Bruins mobile - Horton will miss entire playoffs due to concussion.
Just saw that as well, not s surprise, but not a good sign

Old
04-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Well, he's one up on me.......I'm happy!!

Old
04-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Scotto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
not a shock but still very sad and dissapointing.

Hope he gets better and ready for next year.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
not a shock but still very sad and dissapointing.

Hope he gets better and ready for next year.
I hope to see him in the Fall.

I know he is skating but the decision was the correct one.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
be careful. Corvo also had a top 4 role on one of the best defensive teams in the league. Now before you jump on me for saying that, I understand that the only reason Corvo was allowed to be on that line was because he was being paired with a solid defenseman (Seids). But remember, one of the benefits in Boychuks game is the fact that he's being paired with the best shutdown Dman in the league. While I agree that Boychuk is better than Mcquaid, I don't agree its by as much as your telling me it is (Boychuks level?).

When looking how these two players careers have developed Mcquaid is following a similar path to johnny Boychuk. As far as my comments about Boychuk being dispensable, it was more in lines with the trade deadline. I honestly thought the B's were going to make a bigger splash on D and F than they did (as in upgrades, not just depth). I also believed Johnny B was going to be a piece that would be used in doing something like that and I would of been OK with it because the difference in Johnny B and Mcquaid are minimal imo.

Both are tough as nails, and solid in their own end. As far as the other end of the ice Johnny B isn't really lightyears ahead of Mcquaid. I mean, he has a great shot, but rarely gets it on net and his offensive production doesn't put him on any separate level from Mcquaid.

I also question Boychuks ability to make sound decisions at the opposing teams blue line under pressure. He's look comfortable at times and at others he's down right terrible. Will he improve, i believe he will. But I can't sit here and say that he is some type of huge upgrade over mcquaid. They are actually very similar.

also as far as needing both of them, well of course... but Boychuk being dispensable didn't mean letting him walk. It was using him in a trade to solidify our top 4 or upgrade a forward position.

My post should of been more clear. But my opinion remains the same. Mcquiad's development is very similar to JB's and there isn't some huge difference in the two players abilities.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:17 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
I love revenge as much as the next guy, but the B's can't get focused on what Chimera did or didn't do. We're the best 5-on-5 team in the league with no real PP to speak of (I still think if they just move the puck faster guys like Chara, Rolston & Seguin would be open far more often, but what do I know?)

They have big forwards that are going to crash our d-men and try to goad Chara & others. Don't retaliate, just get angry and do what the Bruins do when they're angry.
this perception that peole (and the media) like to keep pushing that the Bruins are undisciplined and prone to focus'ing on 'pay back', especially during the playoffs, is just about as false as things get.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:31 PM
sooshii
Believe in Boston

Boychuk decision tomorrow, per Claude.

said Horton was putting too much pressure on himself to come back for playoffs. "This way he'll be able to heal properly."

Old
04-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Actp
CN6 but Accentuate p

eww, Boychuk is still up in the air........do not like the sound of that. I think he will play but how effectively is anyone's guess.

Closed Thread