HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

(3) Phoenix Coyotes vs. (6) Chicago Blackhawks

Old
04-08-2012, 12:25 PM
diceone

vCash: 500
We just got our tickets to game 2. 2 tickets $80, gotta love stubhub!

diceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:28 PM

I picked up tickets to Game 1 & 2 on Ticketmaster no problem...cheaper than what they are going for on Stubhub and eBay so I am happy. I was looking at lower bowl and there were some seats available, but not as much as the top bowl.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:30 PM
albertabound

Somehow Tip has to get Chip in there for the board battles and body size. Any suggestion on how he could get this done maybe go with 6d instead of seven for one game. Watching the match ups against the hawks chippy was a stud against this team. So excited can't wait for Thursday will be wearing white to work that day!!!

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Just got my tix to game two. First NHL playoff game! I am stoked!

Mayo Taco Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:57 PM
SweYote

2 out of 3 experts on NHL Network just picked the Yotes in 7. What is this?

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:59 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I saw that too. Are they trying to jinx us?

No, we're the Coyotes. You know, the team with no owner, no goalie since Bryz left, no 50-point scorers?

Don't tell the Hawks that we're GOOD, then they'll come in expecting us to play that way! Tell them we're horrible and then we'll stun them with competence.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 01:06 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweYote View Post
2 out of 3 experts on NHL Network just picked the Yotes in 7. What is this?
I didn't see the segment, but it's not much of a leap. I agree, it's so weird to think of the Coyotes as the favorites.

MP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Kaizen

We are the underdog - but what else is new?

Hopefully the extra game at the Job makes the difference.

Kaizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Coyote fans, Coyote broadcasters, and National Experts are already falling for the same traps as last season's playoffs. I'm confident Maloney, Tippett, and Doaner will not fall for these again....

No Toews = No Zetterberg

Bryz >> Howard = Smith >> Crawford/Emery

Redwings defeat Coyotes 4-0

Sole focus should be:

PHOENIX

PHOENIX

PHOENIX

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:03 PM

No team in the West allowed more goals that made the playoffs than the Blackhawks. The Predators and Sharks allowed 28 fewer goals and are the next worst defensively in the West. There is clearly a question of whether or not Crawford can hold the nets down on their side and that will help the Coyotes who might be more offensive challenged at times as they are the third worst offensively in the West behind the Kings and Blues.

All of the talk on the Hawk's boards is that their team is going to blow it out of the water but at the same time they are saying that they give up weak goals, can't hold a lead and play inconsistently from game to game. I think it's going to be a good series, but I think to discount the Coyotes is a little foolish.

As expected, for the Hawks to make the playoffs as the poorest defensive team in the West playoffs their offense is very good, tied for second with the Red Wings and behind the Canucks by only 1 goal on the season. The Coyotes were the 5th best defensive team in the league, so that's a good matchup.

The Coyotes obviously have a poor powerplay, ranking 29th in the league at 13.5%. The Blackhawks powerplay is not that much better at 26th in the league with 15.2%. The key is that the Hawks have poor specialty teams overall and their penalty kill is 27th with 78.1%.

The Coyotes, true to their defensive play, have a good penalty kill ranked 8th in the league at 85.5%.

Defense wins in the playoffs, including goaltending, so I think you have to give the Coyotes the edge in that regard.

The seasons series favors the Coyotes 2-1-1 in regulation (I am not going to count a shootout win as a win) with the Coyotes outscoring the Hawks 12-9. Coyotes went 1-1 at home, and 1-0-1 at the United Center.

The Coyotes never scored a powerplay goal against the Hawks this year going 0 for 7, thus giving the Hawks 100% penalty kill on the series. The Hawks did score on 1 of their 12 chances giving them a 17% powerplay efficiency and the Coyotes a 83% penalty kill efficiency.

The Hawks won 57% of the faceoffs and led the series in takeaways 31 to 38. The team was evenly matched with 20 giveaways each. The Coyotes outhit the Hawks 109 to 92 and also led the series in PIM's 38 to 28. Finally the Hawks led the series with 133 shots averaging 33 shots a game to the Coyotes 23 shot average.

There's a tale of the tape as they say.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
There's a tale of the tape as they say.
That tape is in the garbage....it's 0% for everybody beginning Wednesday.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:47 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Hey Guys

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,0,60470.story

Toews is taking regular line drills and is *confident*

Good luck to the yotes and Congrats on the Division Title.

Hopefully its a good clean series

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
awfulwaffle

So stoked we have a player like Torres. Doan and Torres alone could really tilt the ice. Doan was a 1 man wrecking crew 2 years ago against the *** ***** before he got injured. Torres loves the playoff spotlight, and I expect some big hits by him, especially in our own house to get the crowd going even more than they already will be.

Geesus is it Thursday yet?!

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Game 1 10-18-11: 5-2 Chicago (Jason was in net, Toews scored 1)
Game 2 11-29-11: 4-1 Phoenix (Mike in net, Chicago coming off a long road trip, Toews a -1)
Game 3 12-5-11: 4-3 Phoenix (SO) (Mike in net, Toews 2 goals 1 assist)
Game 4 2-11-12: 3-0 Phoenix (Mike in net, Chicago on a back-to-back, Toews a -1)

I think for the games played this year, games 1 and 3 are realistic. Both teams were not playing off back to backs; however, Jason was in the net when the whooping occurred in game 1. Toews played in all 4 games and had a pretty good one in game 3 but for the most part he has been handled in the past. Smith has proved that with enough rest, he can be a dominating force. So without a major injury on the Coyotes side, I say Phoenix in 6. Chicago might steal one of the first ones here, Phoenix steals two there, and the Coyotes second round party takes place at 8:30 on April 23.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:22 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
So stoked we have a player like Torres. Doan and Torres alone could really tilt the ice.
I'm expecting a big series from them--two warriors who seem like they were made for playoff hockey. Looking forward to watching them make their presence felt.

MP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Gwyddbwyll

All the Winnipeg fans on the Chicago thread showing their class.. ("kick the **** out of them") wow.. amazing how bitter they are even today.. very ugly.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:38 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Game 1 10-18-11: 5-2 Chicago (Jason was in net, Toews scored 1)
Game 2 11-29-11: 4-1 Phoenix (Mike in net, Chicago coming off a long road trip, Toews a -1)
Game 3 12-5-11: 4-3 Phoenix (SO) (Mike in net, Toews 2 goals 1 assist)
Game 4 2-11-12: 3-0 Phoenix (Mike in net, Chicago on a back-to-back, Toews a -1)

I think for the games played this year, games 1 and 3 are realistic. Both teams were not playing off back to backs; however, Jason was in the net when the whooping occurred in game 1. Toews played in all 4 games and had a pretty good one in game 3 but for the most part he has been handled in the past. Smith has proved that with enough rest, he can be a dominating force. So without a major injury on the Coyotes side, I say Phoenix in 6. Chicago might steal one of the first ones here, Phoenix steals two there, and the Coyotes second round party takes place at 8:30 on April 23.
For Success of the Yotes, Hinges on that they take both games at home, Chicago is a dominant home team, and i don't think regular season games are going to determine how this series ends up, If the yotes can stay true to their game , chicago will have a hard time. Smith also has to be ready, he is a very good goalie much better than Crawford, the tighter the yotes play the better off they are cause if it start to run and gun a bit, it doesnt favor the coyotes

Old
04-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
For Success of the Yotes, Hinges on that they take both games at home, Chicago is a dominant home team, and i don't think regular season games are going to determine how this series ends up,
St.Louis are even more dominant at home, were playing for the President's Trophy.. the Coyotes came out 4-1 winners.

They also regularly do well on the dreaded Western Canada road trip, I believe they were the first team to win them all.

But who knows when it comes to the playoffs..

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Sabres fan here. I'm pulling for the 'Yotes since Buffalo isn't in the playoffs. My parents live in Gilbert and are partial season ticketholders. Let's go, Yotes!

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:48 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
St.Louis are even more dominant at home, were playing for the President's Trophy.. the Coyotes came out 4-1 winners.

They also regularly do well on the dreaded Western Canada road trip, I believe they were the first team to win them all.

But who knows when it comes to the playoffs..
We also pounded St Louis this year so its all even then.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:21 PM
doaner

Quote:
We also pounded St Louis this year so its all even then.
We're also a damn good road team. Time will tell!

doaner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:22 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I'm expecting a big series from them--two warriors who seem like they were made for playoff hockey. Looking forward to watching them make their presence felt.
Torres and Doan will be men possessed!! Can't wait

doaner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:24 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Torres and Doan will be men possessed!! Can't wait
Torres and Bolig fight game 1?

Old
04-09-2012, 02:48 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Sabres fan here. I'm pulling for the 'Yotes since Buffalo isn't in the playoffs. My parents live in Gilbert and are partial season ticketholders. Let's go, Yotes!

God bless 'em for making the torturous journey all the way to Glendale.

Thanks for the support!

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
the tighter the yotes play the better off they are cause if it start to run and gun a bit, it doesnt favor the coyotes

Who'd a thunk it?

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote