HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I have a feeling..

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Islanders4Life*

vCash: 500
I have a feeling..

Islanders will be inspired by the 1980 team and play great hockey the rest of the way and make a run at it in the playoffs (perhaps even win a round or 2)

Lets GO Islanders!!!

Of course if you get to the game and the fans are booing the team before the puck is dropped and people are yelling Kvasha you suck during the national anthem you can forget about it...

Old
03-03-2006, 05:43 AM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Life
Islanders will be inspired by the 1980 team and play great hockey the rest of the way and make a run at it in the playoffs (perhaps even win a round or 2)

Lets GO Islanders!!!
The right people will be around them for a day or two, but long-term it has to come from the people on the current club.

Shift by shift, peirod by peirod, game by game. Looking at the big picture is overwhelming. Just go win the next shift, then the next.

If it snowballs to about twenty wins in the remaining games, then we can talk about an eighth seed, until then no point even looking at it that way.

Time to put down the misery and the downside, next game Saturday.
(it's not like they are the Knicks)

LET'S GO ISLANDERS !!!!!!!!

Last edited by NYIsles1*: 03-03-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old
03-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Fan101

Montreal

If the Islanders win 18 of their remaining 24 games, Montreal would still need to fold and I don't see that happening with the Montreal press and fans who keep that team under constant pressure. Montreal has responded since they brought in Carboneau and put Gainey behind the bench. It's also hard to see Tampa or NJD folding. However that doesn't mean the Isles need to dismantle this team. As I said in my post on Snow, they need to add more goaltending and maybe acquire more skating speed and NHL game skill/smarts. MM seems to get these emotional attachments to certain players which is why the organization gets stuck with guys who underperform.

Closed Thread