HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would u like to see Hollweg

View Poll Results: Would u like to see Hollweg?
Traded at the deadline for another young prospect or improvement on Rangers 1 2.63%
Sent to Hartford for more icetime, does not have to go through waivers 9 23.68%
Kept on the Rangers so he can work himself back to the lineup 28 73.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2006, 10:23 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Would u like to see Hollweg

Id figure since Hollweg is not playing, my bet is he will either be dealt or sent to the Pack. I feel since they are not playing Hollweg right now, they should send him to the Pack for more ice time and since he dont have to go through waivers, what u think???

Old
03-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Block More Shots

I voted for sending him to Hartford for more icetime. I just think that he's going to be scratched more times than none and needs to be playing every day in order to get better. I'd love to keep him in New York but once Prucha comes back, we'll already have Nieminen, Hossa, and Orr fighting for the last spot.

I like Hollweg but down the stretch, he won't be getting many games in.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:45 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Hollweg's problem isn't development anymore, I think. He's good enough to stay with the big club and fight for his place. He'll be back.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Asking whether or not Hollweg should be sent to Hartford is premature. It really depends on who is traded away/traded for. If there are no trades, then he should stay with the big club. He's earned the right to play in the NHL and I would have no problem seeing him in the playoffs.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Choice

Theres no point in trading Hollweg. He has more value to us than anything we could get for him.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:53 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
Theres no point in trading Hollweg. He has more value to us than anything we could get for him.

the only reason i can see us not playing him is either rangers showcasing someone or maybe he will be dealt, Hollweg needs to play for the Rangers.

Old
03-03-2006, 12:10 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
I mean I really appreciate what Hollweg does each night, i.e. work his *** of and smash people. But he is struggling to find time on this team, so I'd say put him in Hartford. But then, if a deal came along and someone wanted him, I wouldn't be opposed to moving him.

Old
03-03-2006, 12:23 AM
xander

I can't fiqure out how he 'worked' his way out of the lineup. Put him back in the lineup and put him back on a line with more and ortmeyer, the Ohm line made things happen, I don't get why it was broken up.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:00 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
I can't fiqure out how he 'worked' his way out of the lineup. Put him back in the lineup and put him back on a line with more and ortmeyer, the Ohm line made things happen, I don't get why it was broken up.
I agree. Even though he does not score points, together with Moore and Ortmeyer,
he provides tremendous energy. When the team is dragging, put the HMO line out for a shift, hit everything in site and all of a sudden the other lines get energized.

Hollweg is important part of this team. Although unheralded, Ryan is the perfect 4th line player. I would rather see Hollweg play than Hossa or Neminan.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:11 AM
True Blue

The whole Hollweg debate is going to become moot shortly. While I would love to see him play instead of Hossa or Neimo, the decision is going to be made for us in another week or so when Prucha returns. At that point, both Hollweg & Hossa will be relgated to bench duties. Right now I would play Hollweg instead of Hossa. He cylcles the puck just as well ( I actually think that the HMO cycly is better w/ Hollweg, instead of Hossa). Hollweg can score 0 points just like Hossa can. And I would play him ahead of Neimo. However, both have their days of ice time numbered when Prucha returns.

Closed Thread