HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings CHL and NCAA Prospect Update Thread II

Old
04-08-2012, 07:41 PM
ZJames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Don't get your hopes up. I don't even think Steven Stamkos can score 35-40 on this team. It's just the way our system works.

If Toffoli pans out, I expect him to be a consistent 20-25 goal scorer.
for the first 60 or so games of the year, i would have agreed. But IF (Very BIG if) the Kings offense can play next year like they did the last 20 games of this season, then i think we could see 2 or 3 30 goal scorers on this team next year (Kopitar, Brown, Carter)

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
These two guys are almost carrying their team in the playoffs.....

http://eurohockey.com/stats/club/201...ype=2&league=4
Nice.

Bud Holloway always steps up in the playoffs.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:57 AM
stonedhenge

Man I'm pissed at Lombardi. Team's biggest need is a quality LW and he lost Holloway to Sweden. On the other hand he added guys like Hunter, Moreau, Halpern etc.

stonedhenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:19 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedhenge View Post
Man I'm pissed at Lombardi. Team's biggest need is a quality LW and he lost Holloway to Sweden. On the other hand he added guys like Hunter, Moreau, Halpern etc.
To put things in perspective when Halpern was here Holloway wasn't close to ready to be in the NHL... Moreau and Hunter both were signed AFTER Holloway bolted to Sweden and probably as a direct result of him leaving... As has been brought up numerous times on these boards DL appeared to have Holloway penciled into the NHL lineup and then after Hollaway left he went out and got Moreau and Hunter.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedhenge View Post

King is better then Holloway.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:03 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
King is better then Holloway.
Im hoping anyways that Holloway will get a chance on the team next year.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Holloway burned his Kings bridge a long time ago.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Holloway burned his Kings bridge a long time ago.
If we still hold his rights, I'd like us to try and trade his rights plus Moller's at the draft for a 3rd.

Hell, maybe throw Azevedo in there and get a 2nd for all three. Why Azevedo? Upside & size. 1) We've already got a bunch of guys under 5'10" in our system, and 2) Guys who are more inclined towards "career AHLers" should be exchanged (if possible) for assets that can be turned into NHLers .....WITH SIZE!!! 3) Kozun essentially does what Azevedo does and is younger with a higher upside & skillset.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
If we still hold his rights, I'd like us to try and trade his rights plus Moller's at the draft for a 3rd.

Hell, maybe throw Azevedo in there and get a 2nd for all three. Why Azevedo? Upside & size. 1) We've already got a bunch of guys under 5'10" in our system, and 2) Guys who are more inclined towards "career AHLers" should be exchanged (if possible) for assets that can be turned into NHLers .....WITH SIZE!!! 3) Kozun essentially does what Azevedo does and is younger with a higher upside & skillset.
I'd keep Moller. He's shown that he can play at the NHL level.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:56 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I think that allot of people would be surprised at how solid of a player that Holloway really is. He was NHL ready when he moved to Eu. I would say that he has the edge over King in that he is a faster skater and plays with more of an edge.

Both solid players but BH can play.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:14 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I think that allot of people would be surprised at how solid of a player that Holloway really is. He was NHL ready when he moved to Eu. I would say that he has the edge over King in that he is a faster skater and plays with more of an edge.

Both solid players but BH can play.
Gotta think that King would have the inside track on that because of how well he's fit in next to Richards. But I'd love to see Bud on the third line as he seems like he'd excel in a checking role and bring solid depth scoring to a third line, so I think he might beat Nolan out next year if he comes back.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
I've been looking forward to Holloway getting a chance for some time. Here's hoping he comes back to the organization for at least a year to show off what he's learned!

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:51 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Gotta think that King would have the inside track on that because of how well he's fit in next to Richards. But I'd love to see Bud on the third line as he seems like he'd excel in a checking role and bring solid depth scoring to a third line, so I think he might beat Nolan out next year if he comes back.
Oh I agree with you on where Holloway should play, I am only commenting on overall skill and drive.

I have liked King even when everyone called for his head last year but Bud is a better hockey player when it comes to overall skill and drive. If you like Kings game you will love Buds.

That sort of thing.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:52 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I've been looking forward to Holloway getting a chance for some time. Here's hoping he comes back to the organization for at least a year to show off what he's learned!
This^.

He wants to be here, that much I know for a fact. Whether or not he gets his shot here is another story but he wants to come back to the NHL and be a King at that.

Old
04-10-2012, 04:16 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
This^.

He wants to be here, that much I know for a fact. Whether or not he gets his shot here is another story but he wants to come back to the NHL and be a King at that.
Sorry Tonelli but I have to question you here. I respect you as much as any other poster, if not more, but how do you know he wants to be here? I may be missing something but a guy that wants to be here does whatever it takes to do so, and not bolt to Sweden. You may know something I don't or that I missed but to me, his decision points to not wanting to be here.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:06 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Sorry Tonelli but I have to question you here. I respect you as much as any other poster, if not more, but how do you know he wants to be here? I may be missing something but a guy that wants to be here does whatever it takes to do so, and not bolt to Sweden. You may know something I don't or that I missed but to me, his decision points to not wanting to be here.
No problems at all and I totally understand your questioning what I have written. I have it first hand (and second hand in a family member) that BH while enjoying his time overseas and calling the experience "pivotal to my (his) career and development in becoming a player who belongs in the NHL" he also has questioned the decision at times and is looking forward to returning to North America and hopefully as a Los Angeles King.

He was of the opinion that he would be spending another year in the AHL after a few meetings with MM towards the end of his last season with the Monarchs and that is when and why he made the decision to go overseas (for the most part).

I think he sees where he would rather be and still wants to be an L.A. King very badly. He was and remains a fan of the team from the day he was drafted on.

I believe that if he goes to DL and tells him where he is at ( or does so via his agent even possibly) that he could still become a King as early as next year. That said there are a couple of NHL teams that have shown interest too or so it has been rumored.

Take all of this with a big ol grain of salt by the way but that is what I know to be what is happening. I would question it too if I didn't know me personally.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
No problems at all and I totally understand your questioning what I have written. I have it first hand (and second hand in a family member) that BH while enjoying his time overseas and calling the experience "pivotal to my (his) career and development in becoming a player who belongs in the NHL" he also has questioned the decision at times and is looking forward to returning to North America and hopefully as a Los Angeles King.

He was of the opinion that he would be spending another year in the AHL after a few meetings with MM towards the end of his last season with the Monarchs and that is when and why he made the decision to go overseas (for the most part).

I think he sees where he would rather be and still wants to be an L.A. King very badly. He was and remains a fan of the team from the day he was drafted on.

I believe that if he goes to DL and tells him where he is at ( or does so via his agent even possibly) that he could still become a King as early as next year. That said there are a couple of NHL teams that have shown interest too or so it has been rumored.

Take all of this with a big ol grain of salt by the way but that is what I know to be what is happening. I would question it too if I didn't know me personally.
Well you don't seem like the guy to spew **** from your mouth for attention so I really have no reason to doubt this. As you obviously understand, not everyone knew that as you do so it was hard for me to see him wanting to be here with us.

I think that if he does come back, Dean wipes the slate clean, and Bud has a good camp he can come in next year and make the 3rd line instead of Dean going out and signing someone out in the market. I hope it happens that way because he seemed to always do really well in Manchester and he's now still doing well in a league versus much older men for the most part.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:51 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
I still have high hopes for Holloway. He'd definitely be a candidate for our 3RW next year.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I still have high hopes for Holloway. He'd definitely be a candidate for our 3RW next year.
I'm trying not to get too high on it, but I can't think of anyone in the org more perfect for the spot. It's a fairly low-pressure but high-profit role for a rookie to ease his way in.

I mean, MAYBE Toffoli, but create a healthy competition, at least.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:46 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I'm trying not to get too high on it, but I can't think of anyone in the org more perfect for the spot. It's a fairly low-pressure but high-profit role for a rookie to ease his way in.

I mean, MAYBE Toffoli, but create a healthy competition, at least.
No way. Toffoli needs AHL time. To be honest, I think if Holloway comes to camp, it's his job to lose assuming Dean doesn't fill it via free agency.

Old
04-10-2012, 11:49 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The thing that I think would be good to remember is just how solid a player Kozun is when it comes to two way hockey. He may have had his ups and downs in the A this year but in that he has shown signs of absolute brilliance at times.

The kid is a heart and soul player with great hands and a bad temper. 3rd line RW but he has played LW during his hockey career and has done a good job when asked to.

If we could have Bud and Kozy added as depth players this coming year and land a top line LW talent we could be a truly dangerous team. By adding King Nolan Clifford Lewis to our bottom 6 we have gotten younger and more importantly hungrier.

We also have shown our kids that if you play your tail off on the farm you WILL get a shot at the NHL when the spot comes open.

If we can add Bud and Kozy to that list it gives us two lines worth of young guns who play with grit and heart that are home grown to go along with our uber talented D kids.

We are becoming that young largely homegrown team of talented players that we all always wanted.

Old
04-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Fishhead

I agree Toffoli would benefit from some AHL time, but man, the guy is impressive. If his draft year had been a year later, he would have been a top-10 pick IMO. It's been a long time since the Kings have developed a sniper type winger. The last one, I believe, is in the front office right now. TT might be the guy to break that streak.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:22 AM
KBA4life

Impressive stats from Holloway. I believe in Europe they only count first assists, correct? If that's the case then the stats are even more impressive. I don't think Lewis is the long term answer on the third line so hopefully Bud can come in and make the position his. I've never seen him play, any comparable player on the Kings or NHL to give me an idea?

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:09 AM
SuperAlmeida

I have sent a tweet to some swedish journalists asking if they've heard anything regarding Holloway or Möller for next season!

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:32 AM
SuperAlmeida

They sent me this article: http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...ndska-klubbar/

From Google Translate:
Quote:
STOCKHOLM. Success chain with Pierre-Edouard Bell Mare, Oscar Moller and Bud Holloway may soon crack.
KHL teams and other major European clubs chasing Skellefteås Canadians for next season.

- From Russia, and Switzerland's interest, says Holloway after three straight slutspelsmål.
- He's hot now, says Oscar Moller on Buds fitness.

Skellefteå has taken command of the quarterfinal series against Modo. Yesterday extended Skellefteå match series at 2-0 after the crusher in Fjällräven Center. After two periods had Skellefeå 3-0 and the match was decided.
Two of the goals came from Canadian Bud Holloway - who is up for three goals in two quarterfinal matches.
The chain with Pierre-Edouard Bell Mare, Oscar Moller and Bud Holloway has been Skellefteås best unit so far in the playoffs.
Next season, the formation is broken.

The contract expires
Bud Holloway contract expires this spring and there is interest from other leagues, according to SPORT-Expressen data.
Clubs from the Russian super league KHL has followed målkungen Bud Holloway during much of the season.
After the success of the match yesterday confirmed Holloway interest.
- I have not put so much focus on it but I do know that things happened, given that it's working here. There has been interest in me from other leagues. From Russia and Switzerland. A big dream is of course also play in the NHL of course. I let my agent do most, says Holloway.
He continues:
- I try to work hard every night. And refuses to lose. Plays as it would be the last game of the season every night.
Moller impressed
Oscar Moller is impressed kedjekamraten Bud Holloway and the team's effort in the quarterfinal series:
- We close the match by 3-0. I think we are doing great. We will continue to play with the speed we are doing and be patient, says Moller who think that Modo do not have physical strength to threaten Skellefteå:
- We've talked about it before. They try to get hard in their preferred checking, especially in the beginning of the match.
They get tired?
- It feels like they do, as in the match.
How about Bud?
- Bud is pretty hot now. Just give him the puck. I also think we complement each other really well in the chain, says Oscar Moller

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote