2011-12 German Bundesliga

Old
03-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Given the 2nd half performance it's safe to say Kurz will win "worst team-talke of the season" very easily. Can't believe this idiot still has a job, worst coach in the league by a country mile and then some.
I don' think I agree. I don't have a reason to believe he's a great coach, but let's face it, this year's FCK team is simply bad. They overachieved as a team last season, and lost most of the impact players, the additions bombed, and I think we are left with about two players that are Bundesliga-quality (Tiffert, Trapp). I obviously hope that Balakov will bring in some magic (which is what it takes), but in my opinion, this group of players is not much better than 18th in the Bundesliga (17th, maybe), so I can't really bring myself to giving Kurz too much blame after what he had done with this club over the last few years. Maybe I'm just too frustrated with the team at this point, I don't know.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:16 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I don' think I agree. I don't have a reason to believe he's a great coach, but let's face it, this year's FCK team is simply bad. They overachieved as a team last season, and lost most of the impact players, the additions bombed, and I think we are left with about two players that are Bundesliga-quality (Tiffert, Trapp). I obviously hope that Balakov will bring in some magic (which is what it takes), but in my opinion, this group of players is not much better than 18th in the Bundesliga (17th, maybe), so I can't really bring myself to giving Kurz too much blame after what he had done with this club over the last few years. Maybe I'm just too frustrated with the team at this point, I don't know.
I'm just beyond frustrated with Kurz and happy to see a change. To me Kurz strikes me as a manager that is good in 2.BL, but in 1.BL is yet to really show what he can, while yes he got that 7th place last year, but we went on a great run late in the season jumping for last or second last right up the table.

One thing Kurz must improve on is his man management skills, I read a couple of months ago he hadn't even talked to Vermouth for months, Vermouth while being injured could of played a BIG part in the attacking part of the team, instead we loan him out to a Dutch team instead, surely we'd be better served playing him instead of someone like Sukuta-Pasu who is slow not only athletically, but his thinking on the field as well.

And I do agree with the signings, they have bombed big time, basically the only ones who look like they could be BL quality are Shechter and Borysiuk at this point. I know Shechter has struggled, but he has also been in and out of the team a fair bit as well, I believe he was on about 3 goals in the first 8 or 9 games, then has struggled to get starts and injuries as well, not to mention it doesn't help when most of the team are incompetent. TBH I'd much rather of not got the likes of Kouemaha and young Jakub S [can't spell his surname at all ] and given the likes of Micanski and Wooten more chances in the first half of the season.

For me I'm not expecting to stay up this season, all I'm hoping for is to get a good first couple of games in the 2.Bundesliga since I'll be back in Germany for the start of the season

Balakov seems like a decent option, it seemed pretty clear the team had to do something though given the winless run and some pretty terrible performances as of late [4-0 against Mainz].

Just saw the squad for Freiburg as well: Der FCK-Kader im Überblick: Sippel (1), Trapp (29) - Borysiuk (4), Kirch (7), Tiffert (8), Shechter (9), Sahan (10), Petsos (13), Bugera (17), Rodnei (20), De Wit (21), Dick (23), Yahia (25), Fortounis (28), Swierczok (31), Heintz (33), Derstroff (35), Wooten (37)

Happy to see Heintz in the squad. Seems like Wooten might get a good chance as well with Shechter as the only senior striker.

EDIT: I just realised this is a massive wall of text haha, life never boring as a FCK fan!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:47 PM
lundy

Who ya got today between Wolfsburg and Hamburg?

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:48 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Hoping Wolfsburg get the 3 points. Time for the Dinosaurs to get relegated

Old
03-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Kagawa is awesome.

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Savi

Anyone watching Dortmund-Stuttgart atm? Crazy game, one of the best I've seen all season long. Amazing stuff.

Old
03-30-2012, 03:31 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Probably one of the best ever Bundesliga games in all my years of watching.

That last 20 minutes was just

Old
03-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Savi

I love that we still have 2 more Dortmund-Bayern games coming up. When is their league game? That is going to be an epic battle.

Old
03-30-2012, 08:53 PM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savi View Post
I love that we still have 2 more Dortmund-Bayern games coming up. When is their league game? That is going to be an epic battle.
It's a midweek fixture, Wednesday April 11. Then 3-4 days later Dortmund go to Schalke, so thats two tough fixtures in a row. They close their season with relegation contenders

btw on kicker.de there is a 'result predictor' where you can put in results for the rest of the season and it calculates the table for you

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:30 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Would love to hear why the referee didn't give a penalty for the tackle on Sahan. Second time in a game against a relegation rival that a clear penalty is turned down.

Oh well, been preparing for relegation for weeks, just wish we'd have decisions go our way sometimes!

Old
03-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Sami Hyypia appointed as caretaker Bayer manager until the end of the season .

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Would love to hear why the referee didn't give a penalty for the tackle on Sahan. Second time in a game against a relegation rival that a clear penalty is turned down.

Oh well, been preparing for relegation for weeks, just wish we'd have decisions go our way sometimes!
I'd say he only saw it from behind, and there wasn't much to be seen from that angle. I guess if he had seen it from the side he would have called it, as it was pretty obvious from that angle that Kacar did not hit the ball.

I really wonder what Sippel was thinking when he caught the ball and then went out of his way to jump into Petric, that was a foul and it made no sense at all. Catch the ball and be done with it, don't risk punishment in a scene where there was no danger at all. Well, I guess that comes from the Gerry Ehrmann school of goaltending, great keepers, but all not quite clear in the head.

As for the last part, that's what I thought the last few weeks as well. Hamburg simply couldn't catch a break with referee decisions lately. This being the first one were they got a bit lucky.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Venkman

8 goals in 12 by Mame Diouf since his move from United. Turning out to be a great signing for Hannover.

Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Schalkenullvier*

real crappy game by schalke, lucky to get away with a draw despite the crossbar. Both penalties were soft, although Hoffenheims was comfortably in the soft category, while schalke's was already dangerously near to the "down-right mistake" zone...

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:59 AM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
I'd say he only saw it from behind, and there wasn't much to be seen from that angle. I guess if he had seen it from the side he would have called it, as it was pretty obvious from that angle that Kacar did not hit the ball.

I really wonder what Sippel was thinking when he caught the ball and then went out of his way to jump into Petric, that was a foul and it made no sense at all. Catch the ball and be done with it, don't risk punishment in a scene where there was no danger at all. Well, I guess that comes from the Gerry Ehrmann school of goaltending, great keepers, but all not quite clear in the head.

As for the last part, that's what I thought the last few weeks as well. Hamburg simply couldn't catch a break with referee decisions lately. This being the first one were they got a bit lucky.
An ideal referee would have sent Sippel off an awarded a penalty for Hamburg long before Kacar's foul. HSV were lucky in that moment, yet the referee's mistakes were at least evenly distributed.

Gruß,
BSHH

BSHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:19 PM
PlietscherDassel

Glad the VfB won today against Mainz but I hate Manuel Gräfe more than ever.

PlietscherDassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Haha Raúl is amazing. What a Walk in the park for the 2nd Goal

Old
04-09-2012, 08:10 AM
LSnow

Whyy god whyy Hyypiä must ruin my favorite teams.. First Liver then this Noooooo....

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Whyy god whyy Hyypiä must ruin my favorite teams.. First Liver then this Noooooo....
??

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Yeah I don't understand. Sami was one of the best things (there have been a lot of them) to happen to Liverpool. Hopefully he can be the same for Bayer.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:53 PM
LSnow

Yes he was great player but i really dislike him for some odd reason..

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Yeah I don't understand. Sami was one of the best things (there have been a lot of them) to happen to Liverpool. Hopefully he can be the same for Bayer.
Hypiä has been a very valuable player for Leverkusen as well. We will see how his coaching stint works out - unless Bayer finishes 8th or worse, I'd guess Leverkusen will be happy with Hypiä (who still lacks a coaching license). However, after his voluntary absence, Rangnick will certainly be a very interesting option for next season.

Last Sunday, Leverkusen was very determined between the 46th and 60th minute. Otherwise, they did not play too well. Ballack might have had his last Bundesliga match as a starter, after he disappointed again.

Gruß,
BSHH

Old
04-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I'd be super mad if Rangnick signed with Leverkusen.

Old
04-10-2012, 03:41 PM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
I'd be super mad if Rangnick signed with Leverkusen.
Why would you be mad? Letting Rangnick go for Stevens was the best move Schalke could have made. I am still mad that HSV did not sign Stevens before Rangnick left (and unlike you, I am completely entitled to that feeling)!

Gruß,
BSHH

Old
04-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHH View Post
Why would you be mad? Letting Rangnick go for Stevens was the best move Schalke could have made. I am still mad that HSV did not sign Stevens before Rangnick left (and unlike you, I am completely entitled to that feeling)!

Gruß,
BSHH
Because I think Rangnick is a good coach, plain and simple, and I'd hate to see him leave for illness, pay him compensation and then have him sign with a direct rival for the top spots a year later. I don't know the same for Stevens... I often feel that this team is no more that the sum of its parts. When you look at Gladbach, it is my belief that Favre has the team playing over their heads. The same can to a certain extent be said about hanover. Schalke wins games on talent alone, not on any coaching mastery. But, you can't really argue results and I am very happy with where schalke is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, with the tension rising for undoubtedly the biggest sports match of today (Penguins-Flyers can go to hell), what are your picks? I have a bad feeling dortmund will win this.