HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban will represent Canada at WC

Old
04-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
nice. go pk.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Help
Send help

vCash: 50
With the way Subban played out the last month or so of the season, I will be very surprised if he doesn't end up on the first pairing by the end of the tournament

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:39 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
OMG!! Best news of the day!

2014 He comes Subban .

He is already a decorated Junior athlete with 2 gold medals. If he helps us win out this year, he's a shoo-in IMO.
No he's not. At this point, plenty of RHD would be a better choice.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Good for PK

Go Canada Go

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
xa123

Pretty sure Diaz, Weber and Emelin will be invited to represent their countries too?

xa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:03 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Tavares and Subban back together? With maybe Jordan "Clutch" Eberle? We're in business boys...Granlund better be ready.
Excellent.. Team Canada"s future is looking good!

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:08 PM
lamp9post

Who else has been confirmed do play on Team Canada? Any other confirmed Dmen that P.K. might partner with?

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Markov wasn't invited...Really? I'm not really all that surprised personally because his play has slipped due to injury and all but there are some on this board still claiming he's the next Lidstrom. This news should bring them back to earth.
It's hard to be tough on Markov around here...you'll get bashed so hard!! I get bashed all the time!, but starting to get used to it!! (Ryan Suter UFA this summer? Dumba with 3rd or 4th overall pick...to make sure we have a strong D-Corps for a long long time...no more Markov headaches/no more waiting/no more injuries/no more soft play or invisible play in playoffs,etc...we have got to pretend that Markov is not there to improve our D-Corps...no more relying on him...build on Subban, Gorges, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Emelin...adding Ryan Suter UFA and/or Dumba would make our D-Corps one of the best in the NHL

I really hope this is true...that Markov wasn't invited. We need Markov to rest and play well for...our HABS and not Russia.
He gets $5.75mil/year from...our Habs (not Russia). Markov should show some respect and loyalty towards Habs management by not going...his focus should be to be ready in September for our Habs.

Markov rarely plays for our Habs (so rarely), so...now that he is back to being healthy he has to do TWO things...stay healthy and help our Habs by being ready and staying healthy...representing Russia is a major risk for re-injury...a healthy Markov?! still hard to believe! seems surreal to see him out there in those few games...like he was a ghost! he better not get injured this summer while walking/shopping/going to the bathroom/slippery shower bathtub accident,etc.... He better ****ing be ready for next season to help us (these recent games were just there to get him used to the NHL pace again... next season he better deliver the goods).

PK SUBBAN :
very happy for Subban...he will represent Canada so well (all heart/grit/skills/talent...true winner).

WC:
I like our Habs representing their countries...but I just hope they play well and mostly...stay healthy. Subban, Pacioretty, Pleks, Eller...they're all so important to us and...for them to stay healthy is my main concern. I like the WC but I actually secretly wished none of our Habs went to save it for our Habs (selfish for our Habs!) but at the same time...I will be so proud to see Subban, Pleks, Eller, Pacioretty represent their countries (also more fun to watch).

Go Subbie Go!!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-09-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa123 View Post
Pretty sure Diaz, Weber and Emelin will be invited to represent their countries too?
Diaz is out due to his injury (groin).

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
It's hard to be tough on Markov around here...you'll get bashed so hard!! I get bashed all the time!, but starting to get used to it!! (Ryan Suter UFA this summer? Dumba with 3rd or 4th overall pick...to make sure we have a strong D-Corps for a long long time...no more Markov headaches/no more waiting/no more injuries/no more soft play or invisible play in playoffs,etc...we have got to pretend that Markov is not there to improve our D-Corps...no more relying on him...build on Subban, Gorges, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Emelin...adding Ryan Suter UFA and/or Dumba would make our D-Corps one of the best in the NHL

I really hope this is true...that Markov wasn't invited. We need Markov to rest and play well for...our HABS and not Russia.
He gets $5.75mil/year from...our Habs (not Russia). Markov should show some respect and loyalty towards Habs management by not going...his focus should be to be ready in September for our Habs.

Markov rarely plays for our Habs (so rarely), so...now that he is back to being healthy he has to do TWO things...stay healthy and help our Habs by being ready and staying healthy...representing Russia is a major risk for re-injury...a healthy Markov?! still hard to believe! seems surreal to see him out there in those few games...like he was a ghost! he better not get injured this summer while walking/shopping/going to the bathroom/slippery shower bathtub accident,etc.... He better ****ing be ready for next season to help us (these recent games were just there to get him used to the NHL pace again... next season he better deliver the goods).

PK SUBBAN :
very happy for Subban...he will represent Canada so well (all heart/grit/skills/talent...true winner).

WC:
I like our Habs representing their countries...but I just hope they play well and mostly...stay healthy. Subban, Pacioretty, Pleks, Eller...they're all so important to us and...for them to stay healthy is my main concern. I like the WC but I actually secretly wished none of our Habs went to save it for our Habs (selfish for our Habs!) but at the same time...I will be so proud to see Subban, Pleks, Eller, Pacioretty represent their countries (also more fun to watch).

Go Subbie Go!!
I agree, Markov is getting older and with all the injuries he's had in the last few years, its hard for a guy his age to come back to his old form. I think its quite reasonable that we start to look for a long term replacement. Subban is nice to have but it would be even better if we had another top 2 defenseman. We do have guys like Beaulieu but have to prepare for a situation where he doesn't pan out.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Good for PK. But I like that Eller will be going too. I may be deluded, but I think he is going to be a good player for a long time. His strength and defensive awareness have improved a lot. He has offensive talent. I would bet on him in the coming years.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:09 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Tavares and Subban back together? With maybe Jordan "Clutch" Eberle? We're in business boys...Granlund better be ready.
if eberle is playing then that's it. im watching that ****

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Subban is going to dominate.

Your about to witness what he can do at the highest level when he DOESN'T have an inept moron coaching him.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Really? I'm not really all that surprised personally because his play has slipped due to injury and all but there are some on this board still claiming he's the next Lidstrom. This news should bring them back to earth.
1. Nobody ever claimed Markov was as good as Lidstrom, nor would a 33 year old be the "next" anything.

2. Lidstrom never missed 2 years of hockey. Even Lidstrom would have his sceptics after that.

3. This says nothing about Markov's future. He was clearly rusty, maybe it means he's finished, maybe it means he's rusty. We don't know. Russia doesn't either, and they have played without Markov for years now so unlike Gauthier, don't feel the need to gamble on Markov. For Russia all eyes are on the olympics anyway, and bringing a player who will be 35 at that time back into the fold isn't a priority for them.

Do we even know what exactly the story is? Markov didn't make it sound like he cares too much about the WC.

But don't let common sense get in the way of your hate.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
1. Nobody ever claimed Markov was as good as Lidstrom, nor would a 33 year old be the "next" anything.

2. Lidstrom never missed 2 years of hockey. Even Lidstrom would have his sceptics after that.

3. This says nothing about Markov's future. He was clearly rusty, maybe it means he's finished, maybe it means he's rusty. We don't know. Russia doesn't either, and they have played without Markov for years now so unlike Gauthier, don't feel the need to gamble on Markov. For Russia all eyes are on the olympics anyway, and bringing a player who will be 35 at that time back into the fold isn't a priority for them.

Do we even know what exactly the story is? Markov didn't make it sound like he cares too much about the WC.

But don't let common sense get in the way of your hate.
Heck hopefully he got turned down and he can use it for motivation like Kovalev did for the 2007-2008 season. Your post is spot on.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:03 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
No he's not. At this point, plenty of RHD would be a better choice.
Plenty?? Care to name them?

And read my post again... I'm not saying anything about "at this point". He already has tons of international experience and going to the WC and dominating can only be good for his chances at the big show in 2014. And yes I see him going.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I am surprised and somewhat disappointed that Budaj and Kaberle refused (according to rds) the invitation. On Kaberle's defence, he just recovered from his injury.

Subban did step his game up a notch around mid season: he was HUGE => no surprise but happy nonetheless!

PS I still hope for an invite to Gorges and Desharnais.

-------------------

Edit:

According to http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/338282.html:

Price: refused the invitation (commotion)
Kaberle: refused the invitation (still recovering from his injury?)
Budaj: refused the invitation (?)
Markov: no invitation yet + undecided
Subban: confirmed
Pacioretty: confirmed
Eller: confirmed
Plekanec: confirmed
Good. Experience is good...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:48 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Plenty?? Care to name them?

And read my post again... I'm not saying anything about "at this point". He already has tons of international experience and going to the WC and dominating can only be good for his chances at the big show in 2014. And yes I see him going.
Ugh you're turning this into an "is Subban one of the best Canadian dmen" thread. Just to make the list short: Weber, Pietro, Letang, Myers. And that's the last I'll comment on this.

Happy for him. Hope he has fun and doesn't get injured.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
MM425

Should be soild for PK's development as a player!

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:58 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Ugh you're turning this into an "is Subban one of the best Canadian dmen" thread. Just to make the list short: Weber, Pietro, Letang, Myers. And that's the last I'll comment on this.

Happy for him. Hope he has fun and doesn't get injured.
No, it's a Subban and WC thread, which obviously implies he will eventually get compared to some Canadian D-men, is there a problem? Can't handle an argument?

Weber Pietro and Letang might still be better than him by 2014, sure, the rest of the defensemen he is at least on par with at the moment and we are still two years away.

There must be something in the water today, or it might be that we haven't had sunshine for a week or so, but people are getting ******** everywhere.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:48 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

Your about to witness what he can do at the highest level when he DOESN'T have an inept moron coaching him.
THIS post gets the nomination for the "Best" this year.

VAN-HAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:13 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I am surprised and somewhat disappointed that Budaj and Kaberle refused (according to rds) the invitation. On Kaberle's defence, he just recovered from his injury.

Subban did step his game up a notch around mid season: he was HUGE => no surprise but happy nonetheless!

PS I still hope for an invite to Gorges and Desharnais.

-------------------

Edit:

According to http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/338282.html:

Price: refused the invitation (commotion)
Kaberle: refused the invitation (still recovering from his injury?)
Budaj: refused the invitation (?)
Markov: no invitation yet + undecided
Subban: confirmed
Pacioretty: confirmed
Eller: confirmed
Plekanec: confirmed
How about Kaberle wanting to spend time with his new baby?

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xa123 View Post
I wouldn't be sure about him, but Diaz and Weber are obviously going. They'll probably make the first defensive pair for Switzerland or one of them will be paired with Mark Streit.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
I wouldn't be sure about him, but Diaz and Weber are obviously going. They'll probably make the first defensive pair for Switzerland or one of them will be paired with Mark Streit.
Both are injured and won't play

http://swisshabs.blogspot.ca/2012/04....html?spref=tw

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:27 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

Then for you the highest level isn't a game 7 goal vs the Boston Bruins in a playoff game.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote