HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2012, 04:37 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
How many dore fans up in here?
roll tide roll !!! ....

then go dores! (ut, I hate you)

Old
04-09-2012, 05:50 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
UK better use velcro to hang that banner with. It'll make it easier to take down once it's vacated.
UK is probably safe. Once you win the title, the NCAA doesn't typically touch it, almost regardless of the offense, otherwise UCLA would probably have 2 titles in basketball right now.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:35 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Jenkins going pro...I'm happy but very sad. Will def be buying a John Jenkins jersey when he gets drafted

Old
04-09-2012, 08:36 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
UK is probably safe. Once you win the title, the NCAA doesn't typically touch it, almost regardless of the offense, otherwise UCLA would probably have 2 titles in basketball right now.
USC says otherwise

Old
04-09-2012, 08:51 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Jenkins going pro...I'm happy but very sad. Will def be buying a John Jenkins jersey when he gets drafted
I will NOT miss him playing against the Cats one bit. Vandy choked with probably their best team in forever and they will not be able to reload that kind of team and leadership. They will fall down the ranks.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:33 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
UK better use velcro to hang that banner with. It'll make it easier to take down once it's vacated.
haters gonna hate

Old
04-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
haters gonna hate
I guess

Quote:
In 2008, Calipari's Tigers advanced to the national championship game, their first under his leadership. They also won 38 games, the most regular-season wins in NCAA history. His team, however, would lose to the Kansas Jayhawks, 75–68, in overtime. This team would later have its entire season record vacated by the NCAA due to the NCAA invalidating Derrick Rose's SAT.
2 for 2

Quote:
He led UMass to its first-ever appearance in the Final Four with the play of the John R. Wooden Award winner and Naismith College Player of the Year Marcus Camby, although this appearance was later vacated by the NCAA because Camby had accepted about $28,000 from two sports agents.[6]
UK will be 3rd time's a charm for this snake oil salesman ... like PhoneGuy said ... better put them up with velcro

Old
04-09-2012, 11:27 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
I guess

2 for 2

UK will be 3rd time's a charm for this snake oil salesman ... like PhoneGuy said ... better put them up with velcro
That's nice and all but Calipari has never been proven guilty of anything. 2 of his past players have, but he has not. A coach does not control everything each of the kids do away from the court. In this country it innocent until proven guilty, and he has never been punished and/or proven of wrongdoing by the NCAA.

Old
04-10-2012, 12:47 AM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
That's nice and all but Calipari has never been proven guilty of anything. 2 of his past players have, but he has not. A coach does not control everything each of the kids do away from the court. In this country it innocent until proven guilty, and he has never been punished and/or proven of wrongdoing by the NCAA.
Oh lord typical UK BS...who are you trying to prove something to? Us or yourself?

BTW: knowing of a crime makes you just as guilty as actually committing it. You can't possibly believe he had no idea what D Rose or Camby were doing.

BTW, how many times did D rose fail that test before finally passing it? And he had to go to Detroit to finally pass? Yeah, Cal may not have orchestrated it but knowingly playing an intelligible player is just as bad.

Last edited by ChesterCopperpot1: 04-10-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old
04-10-2012, 07:22 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
How many dore fans up in here?
For me, it's Notre Dame first, then Vandy, then ABT. My DW is a huge Vandy fan. We've had season tickets for Vandy football for several years now.

People have asked me why I despise UT so much. Quite simply, it's their fans that I've had to encounter over the years, especially the years I lived in Knoxville, or Obknoxville, as Lewis Grizzard once called it. Arrogant and obnoxious, for the most part. Hate to say it, but UK basketball fans are approaching that standard as well.

(When I say ABT, I mean ABT...I rooted for Miami once when they were playing UT, sad to say.)

Old
04-10-2012, 02:22 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
USC says otherwise
You are inadvertently proving my point. There's one example that's flawed (see below). Any others?

And the NCAA didn't revoke the national title. The NCAA does not recognize an official national champion in the Football Bowl Subdivision in the way that it does in other sports. The revocation was a decision made by the non-affiliated BCS, which awards the title. The BCS is basically run by the heads of the conferences. It is certainly not the same as the NCAA Committee on Infractions, which determined Memphis' penalty. There's almost no precedent for the COI to revoke a title in a major sport. I'm sure there is some obscure situation somewhere. But they've been faced with potential sanctions of championship winning teams on several occasions. And while it has levied penalties, the COI rarely ever revokes a title.

For that one title that was vacated by a nonaffiliated entity, I can give you a half dozen championships that could have been revoked by the NCAA (I actually think UCLA itself would probably have lost a half dozen if the NCAA applied the same standards it did to Memphis).

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 04-10-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: a little more clarification
Old
04-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Apparently the greatest female coach of all time has stepped down

Old
04-18-2012, 03:53 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
You are inadvertently proving my point. There's one example that's flawed (see below). Any others?

And the NCAA didn't revoke the national title. The NCAA does not recognize an official national champion in the Football Bowl Subdivision in the way that it does in other sports. The revocation was a decision made by the non-affiliated BCS, which awards the title. The BCS is basically run by the heads of the conferences. It is certainly not the same as the NCAA Committee on Infractions, which determined Memphis' penalty. There's almost no precedent for the COI to revoke a title in a major sport. I'm sure there is some obscure situation somewhere. But they've been faced with potential sanctions of championship winning teams on several occasions. And while it has levied penalties, the COI rarely ever revokes a title.

For that one title that was vacated by a nonaffiliated entity, I can give you a half dozen championships that could have been revoked by the NCAA (I actually think UCLA itself would probably have lost a half dozen if the NCAA applied the same standards it did to Memphis).
well, i know it isnt a championship, but wayyyy back in 1971 Western KY won the "national 3rd place" game(when they used to still have such a thing) and were given an award for it... and the NCAA vacated that at a later date... so there is precedent for the NCAA vacating official awards, though whether they would do it with an actual title or not remains to be seen

Old
04-18-2012, 04:08 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Apparently the greatest female coach of all time has stepped down
I hate UT but have mucho respect for Pat Summit.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:42 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Titans tabbed Kendall Wright out of Baylor in the first round last night. Should be a fun team to watch this year, now they just have to defend the pass.

Also, our brethren on Beale Street (that is, the Grizzlies) got home court against the Clippers after they whipped Orlando last night. Great to see a club playing team basketball and having success with it. Hopefully they can have another deep run this year.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Titans tabbed Kendall Wright out of Baylor in the first round last night. Should be a fun team to watch this year, now they just have to defend the pass.

Also, our brethren on Beale Street (that is, the Grizzlies) got home court against the Clippers after they whipped Orlando last night. Great to see a club playing team basketball and having success with it. Hopefully they can have another deep run this year.
they got a wide receiver that runs a 4.61 40 ... okay ... congratulations on getting separation on NFL Cornerbacks

Old
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
they got a wide receiver that runs a 4.61 40 ... okay ... congratulations on getting separation on NFL Cornerbacks
He ran a 4.43 and a 4.46 on Pro Day, so I don't think the speed is really an issue.

Old
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The Pats moved UP twice, the Mayans were right.

Old
04-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He ran a 4.43 and a 4.46 on Pro Day, so I don't think the speed is really an issue.
I swear that's what I heard during the nfl network's coverage last night, new england was really strong on night 1 ... The nfl really should go back to weekend party (saturday/sunday) ... Knew I wasn't on crack ... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...hts_game_speed

Old
04-27-2012, 05:59 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
He ran a 4.49 at his pro day. Plus watch his film...you can see what kind of a receiver he is.

If what's you do at the combine guaranteed success on the field, Chris Henry(the rb) would still be playing

Old
04-27-2012, 06:00 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
I swear that's what I heard during the nfl network's coverage last night, new england was really strong on night 1 ... The nfl really should go back to weekend party (saturday/sunday) ... Knew I wasn't on crack ... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...hts_game_speed
He did run a slow 40 at the combine, but he ran faster at his pro day.

Old
04-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
The nfl really should go back to weekend party (saturday/sunday) ...
totally agreed, I know they're milking it for advertising dollars and headlines... but this is completely ridiculous.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:17 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

2nd Round - Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina
3rd Round - Mike Martin, DT, Michigan
4th Round - Coty Sensabaugh, CB, Clemson (Kingsport, TN native)

Titans adding a TON of speed on defense on days 2 and 3.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:46 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

BJ Coleman to GB. Ex-McCallie QB, UTK, UTC

Hop he can handle the cold

Old
04-29-2012, 11:19 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Grizzlies just got beat after leading by 27 in the third quarter.

Closed Thread