HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers lambasted in Puck Daddy article

Old
04-09-2012, 12:28 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I love articles like this... I really do.

If you repeat something enough, no matter how untrue, people start to believe it.

If we are lucky, the players in that Devils locker room will start buying into the idea of their massive superiority.
so puck daddy speaks for the devils players? i doubt the devs have any overconfidence whatsoever. theyre not the canucks afterall. as for the article, kinda surprised. i dont like you guys much but youre a good team with some damn good players. not sure why theyd take jabs like that.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
UKPanther
@GJenSports

I tell you what, I'm with Phoenix in the West this year. I hope both us and them get past the first round at the very least.

UKPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:

If you repeat something enough, no matter how untrue, people start to believe it.

If we are lucky, the players in that Devils locker room will start buying into the idea of their massive superiority.
I like these articles too. Let the media hype up NJ's "bye" playoffs! I hope the Panthers stun every single fan and media type who have counted us out all year.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
so puck daddy speaks for the devils players? i doubt the devs have any overconfidence whatsoever. theyre not the canucks afterall. as for the article, kinda surprised. i dont like you guys much but youre a good team with some damn good players. not sure why theyd take jabs like that.
I think you misinterpreted my post, so I bolded the relevant text.

... and no, Puck Daddy doesn't speak for the devils players.

Last I checked the Devils don't talk out of the wrong end of their gastrointestinal tract.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:53 PM
nhlfan9191

Do you think the guy who wrote this garbage was abused as a child? Seriously, who lodged a stick up his ***?

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKPanther View Post
I tell you what, I'm with Phoenix in the West this year. I hope both us and them get past the first round at the very least.
I'm hoping for a PHX-FLA Finals!!

Can you imagine the collective apoplexy the NHL would have with that?

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:

Serious, if we were playing a team like New York, Pitts, or Philly, they may have an excuse for getting carried away. But New Jersey.... That's pretty big talk for a team with a dinosaur hall of famer wandering their crease. Our boys better shut these guys up.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:05 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
I'm hoping for a PHX-FLA Finals!!

Can you imagine the collective apoplexy the NHL would have with that?
Lol pretty sure the tv ratings would bankrupt CBC but it would be worth it!!!!

Old
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Snipeshow

Honestly, I don't get the Panthers hate at ALL. I'm a Leaf fan, so I'm used to everybody hating on me.

But seriously, it's not the Panthers fault that the NHL playoff and point system is what it is. Florida can't just go "oh, sorry. Here take our playoff spot, we don't deserve it". Everything Florida has done to make the playoffs is exactly what the NHL rules are. Don't hate the Panthers, hate the system.

I'll be rooting for you guys, because I know many give you no chance in Round 1. But if you've seen Brodeur this year, a hot series from your top line and NJD is donezo.

Cheers gentlemen, and best of luck in the post-season.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Honestly, I don't get the Panthers hate at ALL. I'm a Leaf fan, so I'm used to everybody hating on me.

But seriously, it's not the Panthers fault that the NHL playoff and point system is what it is. Florida can't just go "oh, sorry. Here take our playoff spot, we don't deserve it". Everybody Florida has done to make the playoffs is exactly what the NHL rules are. Don't hate the Panthers, hate the system.

I'll be rooting for you guys, because I know many give you no chance in Round 1. But if you've seen Brodeur this year, a hot series from your top line and NJD is donezo.

Cheers gentlemen, and best of luck in the post-season.
thx!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:15 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

regardless of point system and OT there is a reason the panthers deserve where they are today. Consistency. From the start of the season to the very end there is no other team in our division (Certainly not Washington) and certainly not anyone below us in the standings that has been as consistent as the panthers have been this season.

The 6 in 5 thread is a testament to our consistency. Only twice were we outside of the range of 5-7. We are one of the most consistent teams in the conference and deserve to be where we are. No points or nhl system can tell me otherwise.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Ducks fan coming in peace after reading this.

To me it just comes down to if Philly and Pittsburgh didn't have to play each other in the first round people wouldn't really care how you guys had done in the regular season.

Seems like a classic article on how bad all 'non traditional' teams are and it's a disgrace 'traditional' teams will get knocked out of the first round.

I'll be rooting for you to do well in the East. Haters go hate. Keep making them hate Florida

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:19 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
regardless of point system and OT there is a reason the panthers deserve where they are today. Consistency. From the start of the season to the very end there is no other team in our division (Certainly not Washington) and certainly not anyone below us in the standings that has been as consistent as the panthers have been this season.

The 6 in 5 thread is a testament to our consistency. Only twice were we outside of the range of 5-7. We are one of the most consistent teams in the conference and deserve to be where we are. No points or nhl system can tell me otherwise.
I agree. But we kinda brought this criticism on ourselves. 18 OT/SO losses was it? That's a pretty rediculous number. Lol.

Old
04-09-2012, 05:27 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
I think you misinterpreted my post, so I bolded the relevant text.

... and no, Puck Daddy doesn't speak for the devils players.

Last I checked the Devils don't talk out of the wrong end of their gastrointestinal tract.
ahhh ok and yea thankfully. im sure if lou had it his way, they wouldnt be allowed to have cell phones.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:38 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Ducks fan coming in peace after reading this.

To me it just comes down to if Philly and Pittsburgh didn't have to play each other in the first round people wouldn't really care how you guys had done in the regular season.

Seems like a classic article on how bad all 'non traditional' teams are and it's a disgrace 'traditional' teams will get knocked out of the first round.

I'll be rooting for you to do well in the East. Haters go hate. Keep making them hate Florida
thx for the kind words...

Old
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Just for S&Gs, I re-figured the standings assuming soccer style points (3 for a W, 2 for an OTW, 1 for a SOW and 0 for any loss). Below is the results. Shocked I tell you ... The top 8 jockeys seeds but is otherwise UNCHANGED.

Team RW RL OTW OTL SOW SOL Pts
NYR 39 24 8 2 4 5 137
Pit 40 25 2 3 9 3 133
Phi 37 26 6 2 4 7 127
Bos 38 29 2 1 9 3 127
NJ 32 28 4 2 12 4 116
Was 31 32 7 4 4 4 111
Ott 30 31 5 6 6 4 106
Fla 31 26 1 7 6 11 101

Buf 27 32 5 4 7 7 98
TB 25 36 10 5 3 3 98
Win 27 35 6 6 4 4 97
Car 29 33 3 10 1 6 94
Tor 26 37 5 5 4 5 92
NYI 24 37 3 7 7 4 85
Mon 24 35 2 4 5 12 81

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Slick Cat

I have to say that I am sick and tired or this ridiculous talk about how we don't deserve to be in the playoffs because of the point system, mostly coming from the "know it all" media or fans in what they call true hockey markets. You can't even read an article that mentions the Panthers on TSN wihtout seeing numerous posts from leafs or habs fans, both out by the way, trashing the system and the fact that the Panthers are in. Every other team is playing by the same rules and lets not forget that for every point we earned for losing in OT or SO, some other team got a "cheap" point for winning in OT or SO. Before they even had shootouts in the "good old days" ties were part of the game, teams would actually not have the opportunity to gain an extra point for the spectacle of OT or the gimmick of a shootout, two things only created to generate a cheap buzz with fans. Under those rules we would be even higher in the standings because our point totals would be about the same, but all of these other teams with these cheap extra points would lose a lot of these points. Am I a fan of this system, actually no, but it is encouraging these ignorant fans of teams, many of which are not even in the playoffs, to trash a team for LEGITIMATELY winning the division, even without the need for tiebreakers. Instead of focusing on the points we did not deserve according to these know it alls, I would rather focus on the cheap points other teams earned or the fact that we lost less times in regulation than most of these teams, meaning we were more competitive than most teams before the gimmick part of the games began. Only two teams in the east and four overall have less regulation losses than we do. That may bode very well in the playoffs when you have to win with a five on five format, not the gimmick of four on four or shootous.

Last edited by Slick Cat: 04-09-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: correction
Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:00 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
I have to say that I am sick and tired or this ridiculous talk about how we don't deserve to be in the playoffs because of the point system, mostly coming from the "know it all" media or fans in what they call true hockey markets. You can't even read an article that mentions the Panthers on TSN wihtout seeing numerous posts from leafs or habs fans, both out by the way, trashing the system and the fact that the Panthers are in. Every other team is playing by the same rules and lets not forget that for every point we earned for losing in OT or SO, some other team got a "cheap" point for winning in OT or SO. Before they even had shootouts in the "good old days" ties were part of the game, teams would actually not have the opportunity to gain an extra point for the spectacle of OT or the gimmick of a shootout, two things only created to generate a cheap buzz with fans. Under those rules we would be even higher in the standings because our point totals would be about the same, but all of these other teams with these cheap extra points would lose a lot of these points. Am I a fan of this system, actually no, but it is encouraging these ignorant fans of teams, many of which are not even in the playoffs, to trash a team for LEGITIMATELY winning the division, even without the need for tiebreakers. Instead of focusing on the points we did not deserve according to these know it alls, I would rather focus on the cheap points other teams earned or the fact that we lost less times in regulation than most of these teams, meaning we were more competitive than most teams before the gimmick part of the games began. Only two teams in the east and four overall have less regulation losses than we do. That may bode very well in the playoffs when you have to win with a five on five format, not the gimmick of four on four or shootous.
what else can they do but post, its too cold to golf? remind them we swept...BOTH teams.

I call the points gained gimmick points instead of focusing on the point eraned in reg....

Old
04-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
New Jersey managed to get points in 54 of their games, Florida got points in 56

Panteras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Mase

It's Lambert...Nuff said.

I don't think I've ever seen anything overtly malicious(like this recent crap) come out of Wysh's blogs about The Cats, and I know Mooney is usually more of a "stats" guy on Puck Daddy, so it's just Lambert who has the "chubby" for The Panthers from what I've seen.

Just as every quote deserves context, when it comes to gas-baggery(which this undoubtedly is), always consider the source, and give the words weight accordingly.....which would make this one of the "lightest" articles I've ever wasted my time on.

Mase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:11 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Another season has come to a close. Time to get out those "I hate the playoff system that awards tie breakers" and put in the name of whoever won the SE this year!

Seriously though I'm a Penguins fan and even I'm sick of these articles. If I'm upset my team is sitting in 4th, instead of looking at the 3rd place team, maybe I should be looking at how my team played vs the Islanders in the last week.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:22 PM
FinallyWeissIsGone
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to FinallyWeissIsGone
So, leading the southeast ALL YEAR LONG doesn't mean squat?

From our good early play we were able to "slide" at the end and stay at the top.

F 'em!

FinallyWeissIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThugsNHarmony View Post
So, leading the southeast ALL YEAR LONG doesn't mean squat?

From our good early play we were able to "slide" at the end and stay at the top.

F 'em!
Something we hadn't done in yrs.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Let them keep throwing gas on the fire to drive our team! Dineen better be showing the players all this to fuel them in the playoffs!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Dont say this is all Puck Daddy either...this is just one of the contributors to Puck Daddy. I know I got a text message from my friend Sean who's also a contributor on there and I quote, "Congrats bud. Long time coming."

Also I think we should just re-watch this video from the Panthers (also posted on Puck Daddy too)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...202812582.html

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote