HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
04-09-2012, 09:54 PM
elsubz

vCash: 500
Bergeron is getting really annoying...what the **** do you expect the players to say?

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:54 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Right about what?

That because Markov doesn't want to talk about PK's progression mean that he hates Subban? Sorry that is just stupid.
I didn't catch that part. But I think they were right about his response being douchey. Markov is a vet... I expect more than that from him. Am I going to hate him for this? No. Do I think he dislikes Subban? No. I just think that was a pretty crappy response.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Krnage

Michel therrien is such a big Penguins homer`fan

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Bergeron is getting really annoying...what the **** do you expect the players to say?
Really?

Old
04-09-2012, 09:56 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
next question

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Let's be honest, Markov acted like an a55
Wow big deal. He didn't want to elaborate on a certain player. Its the end of a disastrous season, I don't see why he should elaborate on ONE particular player.

Yeah, he's not as smart as Darche or Gorges on interview but who cares really, just because he didn't want to talk about another teammate doesn't mean he dislike him. We all know how Markov is, he's not the most sociable, well spoken guy.

Now on l'Antichambre, Gagnon says he doesn't deserve the "A", that he is basically stupid and he hates Montreal and doesnt care, Bergeron wants to ask him why he doesn't play with his full potential, Tremblay says he shouldn't talk because he hasn't play in 2 years.

Of course l'Antichambre will not show these pics.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7&postcount=38

EDIT: Seriously, is it me or only in Montreal, they put so much importance in interview and conference? Holy ****, they are acting like Markov doesn't want to win because he's doesn't say all the politically correct stuff.

Last edited by Stradale: 04-09-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:05 PM
neopreneur

Quote:
Wow big deal. He didn't want to elaborate on a certain player. Its the end of a disastrous season, I don't see why he should elaborate on ONE particular player.

Yeah, he's not as smart as Darche or Gorges on interview but who cares really, just because he didn't want to talk about another teammate doesn't mean he dislike him. We all know how Markov is, he's not the most sociable, well spoken guy.

Now on l'Antichambre, Gagnon says he doesn't deserve the "A", that he is basically stupid and he hates Montreal and doesnt care, Bergeron wants to ask him why he doesn't play with his full potential, Tremblay says he shouldn't talk because he hasn't play in 2 years.

Excellent post.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing tonight; it's pretty clear why the guys are longer employed by NHL teams. Gagnon is just a **** disturber, and he's real good at it.

neopreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:06 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

EDIT: Seriously, is it me or only in Montreal, they put so much importance in interview and conference? Holy ****, they are acting like Markov doesn't want to win because he's doesn't say all the politically correct stuff.
C'mon man. Markov has been in the league for a LONG time. He's a veteran. I don't care how pissed he is, that was a terrible answer to that question. He's supposed to be a leader on the team.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:08 PM
zx81

Quote:

I never said that I believe in their interpretation.
Markov basically had one canned answer to one question that he expected. Can't say I'm impressed by this attitude.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:08 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Right about what?

That because Markov doesn't want to talk about PK's progression mean that he hates Subban? Sorry that is just stupid.
Maybe, maybe Markov don't like PK. I don't know. I think their is too much focusing and analizing in this. Renaud Lavoie said tonight that several players was ask the same question about PK and they refused to respond to it.

I don't understand why the reporters and journalist ask to a player what he think about another player, Josh Gorges was ask the question about what he is thinking for the futur of Carey Price with the team this summer. I don't know why they doing that, seems to me it's just a matter to create this kind of contreversy or searching it.

Personnally, i think it's pointless.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Markov response was more like: "This question is irrelevant today, so just give me another one"

Besides, it's not the first time Markov answers a question like this, he does it all the time.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:13 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
Maybe, maybe Markov don't like PK. I don't know. I think their is too much focusing and analizing in this. Renaud Lavoie said tonight that several players was ask the same question about PK and they refused to respond to it.

I don't understand why the reporters and journalist ask to a player what he think about another player, Josh Gorges was ask the question about what he is thinking for the futur of Carey Price with the team this summer. I don't know why they doing that, seems to me it's just a matter to create this kind of contreversy or searching it.

Personnally, i think it's pointless.
I agree with you there. And I'm hearing that a reporter told PK about the "no comment". Like what kind of tabloid reporting is this? Good grief, the Montreal media pisses me off. Especially the questions about playing for Roy. What the hell?

Old
04-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
C'mon man. Markov has been in the league for a LONG time. He's a veteran. I don't care how pissed he is, that was a terrible answer to that question. He's supposed to be a leader on the team.
What tells you that he isn't?

Leadership is shown in interview now?

He doesn't want to talk about ONE player. If the media wants to know about PK's progression, ask the coach, not Markov.

Like I said, Markov is not Darche or Gorges or Cole who knows how to answer from the media without stirring anything up. Maybe that's why Markov doesn't to answer some questions knowing that if he says something "not right", with his limited english, the journalists are gonna make a big fuss about it.

Now the morons on l'Antichambre associates "Next question" to "I Hate Him".

They hate Markov because Markov just doesn't give a crap about the media. He's clearly annoyed by the media here so take the easy way by saying "next question".

Also, Bergeron is an hypocrite. He was the one criticizing Subban for all kind things. He criticized PK and Price for the triple low 3 ffs.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:21 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
What tells you that he isn't?

Leadership is shown in interview now?

He doesn't want to talk about ONE player. If the media wants to know about PK's progression, ask the coach, not Markov.

Like I said, Markov is not Darche or Gorges or Cole who knows how to answer from the media without stirring anything up. Maybe that's why Markov doesn't to answer some questions knowing that if he says something "not right", with his limited english, the journalists are gonna make a big fuss about it.

Now the morons on l'Antichambre associates "Next question" to "I Hate Him".

They hate Markov because Markov just doesn't give a crap about the media.

Also, Bergeron is an hypocrite. He was the one criticizing Subban for all kind things. He criticized PK and Price for the triple low 3 ffs.
"limited English"? He's been here 12 years. You're trying to sell Markov short. He had no issue understanding that question. Media asks players all the time about the development of young players. It was a piss poor answer. Am I going to hold it against Markov? No. Is it a big deal? No. But lets call it what it is. Crappy answer.

Like I said, that's not the answer a leader gives.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Stradale

Quote:
"limited English"? He's been here 12 years. You're trying to sell Markov short. He had no issue understanding that question. Media asks players all the time about the development of young players. It was a piss poor answer. Am I going to hold it against Markov? No. Is it a big deal? No. But lets call it what it is. Crappy answer.

Like I said, that's not the answer a leader gives.
I didn't say he didn't understand the question. Yeah he is here for 12 years so? Doesn't mean he should speak english fluently. Have you ever heard his interview? It always goes like: " I'm happy that my knee is doing okay you know. I look forward for next season you know. We have to be better next season you know". Markov speaks like that. He never elaborates. He could have but he didn't. I don't see that as a lack of leadership or that he hates PK because he didn't want to analyse PK's progression. Also, Renaud Lavoie said that not only Markov didn't want to elaborate on Subban but all of his teammates refused to talk about PK too but since Markov's answer was short and direct, they made a big fuss about it.

Ask him what he would do with Gomez, he will probably say next question too.

Yeah maybe he should have say: "PK good player but still need improvement, you know".

Then again, with an answer like that, the media will probably say: "who the **** does he think he is, he hasn't played in 2 years, he has no right to criticize Subban".

Edit: Here's the article of Renaud Lavoie.
http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../138409/public

Last edited by Stradale: 04-09-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old
04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
I didn't say he didn't understand the question. Yeah he is here for 12 years so? Doesn't mean he should speak english fluently. Have you ever heard his interview? It always goes like: " I'm happy that my knee is doing okay you know. I look forward for next season you know. We have to be better next season you know". Markov speaks like that. He never elaborates. He could have but he didn't. I don't see that as a lack of leadership or that he hates PK because he didn't want to analyse PK's progression. Also, Renaud Lavoie said that not only Markov didn't want to elaborate on Subban but all of his teammates refused to talk about PK too but since Markov's answer was short and direct, they made a big fuss about it.

Ask him what he would do with Gomez, he will probably say next question too.

Yeah maybe he should have say: "PK good player but still need improvement, you know".

Then again, with an answer like that, the media will probably say: "who the **** does he think he is, he hasn't played in 2 years, he has no right to criticize Subban".
We'll have to agree to disagree. I just don't want to see a promising, young player ruined here. I'm pretty protective of PK, Price, Max, etc.. These guys are our future.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:45 PM
ROEN
HabsHQ

I'm going to try to explain this to the best of my perspective.

There is a player base on this team that has taken a dislike to PK Subban, not because he's a bad person, but because he makes them look bad .

He makes them look bad during games, by being the only player on this team that ' takes the play ' forcing them to anticipate his next move. He makes them look bad in practice by playing them with too much intensity. Several players feel he doesn't show any gratitude towards them, doesn't understand the sacrifices they make to make him successful

And the truth is that they are wrong, they are all wrong because the only people Subban has bothered on this team are those who've failed to play up to their full potential, the ones who've failed to elevate their play the way players on the penguins roster did with Crosby out.

The last thing the Habs need is for Subban to turn into Sandis Ozolinsh

A few in the media have said that Markov has mismanaged his recovery, that by failing to listen to Dr. Andrews he actually created his own misfortune, but the bottom line is, I don't know and Pierre Gauthier made sure nobody got a read on this. So the only thing I can blame Markov for forcing the Habs to bring Subban along quicker than he should have.

PK Subban is not the problem on this team, if some people on this team feel that after finishing last in the conference they even have a smidgen of entitlement that allows them to comment on a player that showed Subban's poise throughout the season

They are the problem

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Boo-hoo! Are there some feelings hurt by them calling it the way it is? Grow some tougher skin! This is a general statement to those who cry at the reactions on that show tonight, no one in particular.

The fact is that Markov, as an alternate captain, HAD to answer that question and by not answering it, he looked like an ass. I'm getting more and more fed-up with this guy and it's really sad. But it's from his own doing. We talk about Gainey's worst move in trading for Gomez. Just as bad is Gauthier's signing of Markov. What a joke!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Boo-hoo! Are there some feelings hurt by them calling it the way it is? Grow some tougher skin! This is a general statement to those who cry at the reactions on that show tonight, no one in particular.

The fact is that Markov, as an alternate captain, HAD to answer that question and by not answering it, he looked like an ass. I'm getting more and more fed-up with this guy and it's really sad. But it's from his own doing. We talk about Gainey's worst move in trading for Gomez. Just as bad is Gauthier's signing of Markov. What a joke!
Why does an assistant captain should analyse a teammate's play for the media?

Should Gionta make a PC and talk about every of his teammates' play now?

What a stupid statement.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:51 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORENW View Post
I'm going to try to explain this to the best of my perspective.

There is a player base on this team that has taken a dislike to PK Subban, not because he's a bad person, but because he makes them look bad .

He makes them look bad during games, by being the only player on this team that ' takes the play ' forcing them to anticipate his next move. He makes them look bad in practice by playing them with too much intensity. Several players feel he doesn't show any gratitude towards them, doesn't understand the sacrifices they make to make him successful

And the truth is that they are wrong, they are all wrong because the only people Subban has bothered on this team are those who've failed to play up to their full potential, the ones who've failed to elevate their play the way players on the penguins roster did with Crosby out.

The last thing the Habs need is for Subban to turn into Sandis Ozolinsh

A few in the media have said that Markov has mismanaged his recovery, that by failing to listen to Dr. Andrews he actually created his own misfortune, but the bottom line is, I don't know and Pierre Gauthier made sure nobody got a read on this. So the only thing I can blame Markov for forcing the Habs to bring Subban along quicker than he should have.

PK Subban is not the problem on this team, if some people on this team feel that after finishing last in the conference they even have a smidgen of entitlement that allows them to comment on a player that showed Subban's poise throughout the season

They are the problem
Great post.

Quote:

Yep, he has a letter on his jersey. I'm not going to cry about the response. But how people are acting like he was backed into a corner and gave the right response is unbelievable.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:54 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

What a stupid statement.

Markov was at one point our #1 Dman. Seems like a fair question to ask him about PK's development since PK has moved into that #1 spot...no? Sorta like how the media asks Cole about Max?

Imagine if Cole said "next question" when asked about Max's progression. Or Pleks said the same about DD. How can you even defend that response.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

What a stupid statement.
The stupid statement is quoted above. Why? Subban was asked about Markov. Guess what he said? He talked about Markov being missed, being a veteran who could have been a mentor not only to him, but to the other new defensemen on the team.

Tell me, Stradale, which player is the veteran and wears the "A" on his jersey? Which player showed leadership?

Defend him all you want. What Markov did was wrong and deep down, you know it. So you guys keep deflecting the problem onto TV hosts like the ones at l'AC or Don Cherry, but they are not the ones who acted that way.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Stradale

Quote:

Markov was at one point our #1 Dman. Seems like a fair question to ask him about PK's development since PK has moved into that #1 spot...no? Sorta like how the media asks Cole about Max?

Imagine if Cole said "next question" when asked about Max's progression. Or Pleks said the same about DD. How can you even defend that response.
Like I said, Cole wouldn't do that, because he knows how to do it.

Markov is terrible in interview. He doesn't want to judge or analyze a teammate. What's the big deal? It still a choice but not a must. If the coach says that, then ok its just stupid but a teammate, with a letter on his jersey or not, does not have to criticize his teammate's play. He could, if he wants but he doesn't need to.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

He didn't want to talk about PK. Call the cops.

And absolutely, Gomez trade=re-signing Markov. Jesus Christ, do you even read yourself some times??

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Stradale

Quote:
The stupid statement is quoted above. Why? Subban was asked about Markov. Guess what he said? He talked about Markov being missed, being a veteran who could have been a mentor not only to him, but to the other new defensemen on the team.

Tell me, Stradale, which player is the veteran and wears the "A" on his jersey? Which player showed leadership?

Defend him all you want. What Markov did was wrong and deep down, you know it. So you guys keep deflecting the problem onto TV hosts like the ones at l'AC or Don Cherry, but they are not the ones who acted that way.
The guys on l'Antichabre clearly have an agenda on Markov tonight.

If you want to watch honest journalism, read Renaud Lavoie's article. Did he spent the whole article saying Markov was an ass, lacks leadership, hates Montreal, hates Subban, has low IQ etc etc?

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../138409/public

Quote:
Il y avait une tendance lourde dans le vestiaire du Canadien, alors que les joueurs ont vidé leur casier une dernière fois : personne ne voulait parler de PK Subban.
C’est Andrei Markov qui a été le plus clair en disant devant toutes les caméras qu’il ne voulait pas parler de lui. Quelques coéquipiers ont fait la même chose, dont un qui m’a dit la chose suivante sur le couvert de l’anonymat. « PK fait trop ce qu’il veut sur la glace et hors glace. » On commence donc à en avoir assez.

Cette situation devra se régler un jour ou l’autre, parce que tous les coéquipiers de Subban s’entendent qu’il a un talent incroyable et qu’il peut faire la différence, mais qu’il doit être plus responsable.

I know you can read french so I don't need to translate.

Like I said, Its not a duty for a player with a letter on his jersey (or without) to judge, criticize, analize another teammate's play to the media. That's the coach's job. Of course some player will do it and say good things about a teammates. Some chose not to do it, like in this case with PK.

Its like they go ask Gionta, what he would do with Gomez. That's not his job but the GM's job. If Gio's answered "next question" on that, would that make him an ass too?

Last edited by Stradale: 04-09-2012 at 11:18 PM.