HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Soft Changes for Next Year

Old
04-10-2012, 12:10 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
if they made the blueberries the home jersey, id be done. couldnt continue being a fan.
I dont understand why people dont like those blueberries, i almost like them more than our regular jersey

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
if they made the blueberries the home jersey, id be done. couldnt continue being a fan.
God I love post's like this. I know it's mostly hyperbole but if a jersey switch would cause you to not be a fan anymore...you really have to examine if you were a fan in the first place.

and I will amend my jersey idea just a bit. Instead of Colorado down the front on the white version it would be "AVALANCHE" in Blue lettering. Maybe outlined in red and black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Forgot to mention even though I live in Vancouver so this barely effects me but change the anthem singer. The 2 or 3 times Hockey Night in Canada does show an Avs home game I don't want to listen to Jake Schroeder instead I want to listen to somebody else. I don't know why but I can't stand the way he sings the national anthems.
I dunno Schroeder has grown on me I didn't used to like him but I do now. I'm not a fan of the rotating anthem singers in general though. If you find a guy that works...stick with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
+1.....

The whole Avs experience in general is getting old. Same old stuff as in 2003. They need to change but the old nostalgic Pierre LaCroix and Joe Sakic and everyone else can't move on. It's one of the reasons I will be elated if Hejduk retires. They need to put the Stanley Cups in the past and make this a new team with it's own identity. A change in the Pepsi Center and how they manage the entertainment aspect of the game could use a dramatic change.
Dater complains about the same thing. But really what do you do other than maybe change up the music they play and doing some new pre-taped skits. You are there to be entertained by the game not by what the mascot is doing. It's part of what's wrong with the Nuggets and the only downside to Rocky. When you go to a Nuggets game watching Rocky is infinatly more interesting than what is going on in the game itself and that's wrong. But don't get me wrong, Rocky is awesome.

If the team was still the powerhouse they were in the late 90's/early 00's nobody would complain about the in-game entertainment because nobody would notice it. To me this stuff doesn't matter.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Cynthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Forgot to mention even though I live in Vancouver so this barely effects me but change the anthem singer. The 2 or 3 times Hockey Night in Canada does show an Avs home game I don't want to listen to Jake Schroeder instead I want to listen to somebody else. I don't know why but I can't stand the way he sings the national anthems.
Schroeder is very popular around Denver. The fans that are regular to Avs games love Schroeder. As a season ticket holder, I do not get tired of hearing Schroeder sing the anthem most nights. He actually sings with emotion. He's definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

Cynthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:06 AM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 138
The blueberries are ok, they grew on me a bit, but I'd rather them bring back the old alternates.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 02:42 AM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

I like the blue jerseys but they should stay as an alternate, change the home and away forsure though.

HF007 is offline   Reply With Quote