HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hank WILL win the Vezina

Old
04-10-2012, 01:30 AM
mug25

vCash: 500
No way. Quick will win it Henrik blew his chances for the Vezina by failing against the Caps. Too bad.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:36 AM
JC704

Based on how the season finished, I really think Smith should finish ahead of Quick. I know LA's offense is 29th, but Phoenix's offense isn't SPECTACULAR either. It's a whopping 18th in the league. Smith also finished with more wins than Quick and (even if it is miniscule and irrelevant) a higher SV %, .930 vs. .929, facing more shots per game, 31 vs. 27. That and also Phoenix actually WON the division. NOBODY had Phoenix winning the division and I can assure you not many people picked Phoenix to even reach the playoffs to start.

Los Angeles can't score, but they don't allow very many goals either. NY, PHX AND LA are all near the best at GA/G.

I'm just arguing that people think this is a two way race when in reality, the three finalists are clear cut and because the stats are just too damn close in the end it will be determined by other factors. Phoenix and Los Angeles struggled just to make the playoffs in the second worst division in hockey. The 2nd best team in hockey was consistently reenforced by a player who many deem to be the current best at his position and that is exactly what the Vezina represents.

Lundqvist was the best player on a Regular Season Conference Champion, Quick had a career year and was the best player on a team that finished as the 8th seed that didn't score much, Smith had a career year and was the best player on a team that won the second weakest division in hockey in the last game of the season. The Coyotes also finished a bit better statistically than the Kings did. It wouldn't shock me if Hank didn't win, but given what we know, he SHOULD win.

JC704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug25 View Post
No way. Quick will win it Henrik blew his chances for the Vezina by failing against the Caps. Too bad.
Then Quick blew it against the Sharks.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 02:10 AM
theJUMPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Quick , Eliot , Rinne Lundqvist 4th

Hank has better numbers, except for shutouts. In the TOUGHEST division in the league. Pens, Philly, Devs, Isles...s**t, even the Isles have a top 2 lines that most of the Pacific division can't compete with.

Like I said in another thread, Henrik is pitching in the AL East and Quick is pitching in the NL West. Who would you give the Cy Young to?

Henrik deserves it and it will be a crime if he doesn't get it. God Bless King Henrik.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

When are all the award finalists announced?

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post

Hank has better numbers, except for shutouts. In the TOUGHEST division in the league. Pens, Philly, Devs, Isles...s**t, even the Isles have a top 2 lines that most of the Pacific division can't compete with.

Like I said in another thread, Henrik is pitching in the AL East and Quick is pitching in the NL West. Who would you give the Cy Young to?

Henrik deserves it and it will be a crime if he doesn't get it. God Bless King Henrik.
NHL has become a place with a lot of heinous activities in the past few years. Crime rates are way up

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote