HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: Rangers (1) vs Senators (8)

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 09:52 AM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
ADVICE:

I have tix to game 5 round 2. hopefully we make it, but ultimately i will be heading home to ny for a trip anyway.

I like to book flights in advance to avoid paying up the ass. Estimated date a possible game 5 round 2 would be? I'm thinking give or take a day around May 6.

Thoughts? Thanks

Old
04-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Of course Karlsson will be and should be a target, he gets frustrated and takes penalties especially against players like Callahan and Dubinsky.

I don't think Ottawa has any real advantages over the NYR, but if there is one area the Sens can exploit as the series goes long is how much the top 4 D of the Rangers play - and hope they begin to wear out.

I actually think the teams are evenly matched, Lunqvist being the player that tilts the advantage to the NYR - but if the Rangers fall behind in the series and Torts starts to play Del Zotto, Staal and Girardi 30 minutes a game they will begin to wear down (espeically if there are long overtime games)
You forgot our best defenseman, McDonagh. We have 3 top pairing defenseman on this team. Girardi was 2nd in the league in TOI. Hopefully, this rest will do him well. Staal, thorough inconsistent this year, has been coming back to form after his concussion.

Targeting Staal's and Richards' heads, because of their concussion pasts, as someone suggested on the main board, would be a really cheap and gutless thing to do.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:58 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
ADVICE:

I have tix to game 5 round 2. hopefully we make it, but ultimately i will be heading home to ny for a trip anyway.

I like to book flights in advance to avoid paying up the ass. Estimated date a possible game 5 round 2 would be? I'm thinking give or take a day around May 6.

Thoughts? Thanks
That looks about right.. Round 1 Game 7 is scheduled for April 26 (Thurs)

Old
04-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
No you're not. You're not even close. You're the lowly 8 seed. We're the conference champs.

As well coached? We have a cup winning, jack adams award winning coach. You have a guy with a mustache.

As tough? We led the league in fighting majors. 12 more than you guys.

Don't talk about your teams strategy against us, because it's obvious you're not familiar with our team. You want to try exploit our top 4? Not happening. We have one of the best group of defensive dmen in the league. Girardi, McD, and Staal are all elite defensively. MDZ stepped it up big time in the back end this year.

Rangers in 4.
oh, this series is gonna be sweet

Old
04-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Sens fan here. I can guarantee this will not be a sweep. The Sens are as tough and as well coached as the NYR - we will be there every step of the way with you guys.

The weakness the Sens will try and exploit is your top 4 D will be playing almost the entire series, you have a marginally better top 4, but our top 6 overall is better and in a long series our plan is to wear your top 4 down, especially Del Zotto who is a young player and your puck mover and when the physical battles begins to take it's toll to take advantage of the mistakes your D will begin to make as the series pressure increases and your top D wear down.

The NYR plan is to attack Karlsson and Gonchar and wear our D down as well, but overall I think our D has more depth and is a bit more dynamic.
If they Rangers play to their capability (most importantly, if Lundqvist plays to his capability), all the strategizing won't matter and Ottawa has no shot. There is that much difference between these two teams.

If the power play pulls an oh-fer and Anderson outplays Lundqvist...call Houston.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
No you're not. You're not even close. You're the lowly 8 seed. We're the conference champs.

As well coached? We have a cup winning, jack adams award winning coach. You have a guy with a mustache.

Don't talk about your teams strategy against us, because it's obvious you're not familiar with our team. You want to try exploit our top 4? Not happening. We have one of the best group of defensive dmen in the league. Girardi, McD, and Staal are all elite defensively. MDZ stepped it up big time in the back end this year.

Rangers in 4.
Thanks for saving me the heartbreak of actually watching the games.

Old
04-10-2012, 11:41 AM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

I think the overall level of playoff experience on both teams is a little short. Both teams have their vets that have been there and done it all, with a few more cup rings on the rangers side. But there are many players on both sides that haven't really seen much post season action at the NHL level.

This series comes down to which team's depth handles the pressure better in my opinion. It should be really interesting to watch!

Old
04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Targeting Staal's and Richards' heads, because of their concussion pasts, as someone suggested on the main board, would be a really cheap and gutless thing to do.
Definitely, but Neil does have a history with Staal, seems to target him and get him off his game a lot. He also injured him with a big hit in a preseason game, leading to this:

With Neil likely not being 100% himself, will be interesting to see how often they run into eachother.

Old
04-10-2012, 12:11 PM
EJsens1

Ottawa's lines at practice today...

Michalek-Spezza-Zibanejad,
Foligno-Turris-Alfredsson,
Greening-Winchester-Neil,
Smith-O'Brien-Condra.
Klinkhammer-Konopka-Butler

They're saying Zibanejad might play.

Old
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
Ottawa's lines at practice today...

Michalek-Spezza-Zibanejad,
Foligno-Turris-Alfredsson,
Greening-Winchester-Neil,
Smith-O'Brien-Condra.
Klinkhammer-Konopka-Butler

They're saying Zibanejad might play.
Why did Zibanejad play 9 games early in the year and then none until possibly the playoffs? Was it because of that cutoff point where you can send a rookie down before the 10th game and it doesn't count as a first year of his contract? Does a playoff game count as a 10th game or do playoff games not count?

I've been a hockey fan a long time but still don't know how contracts work.

Old
04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Why did Zibanejad play 9 games early in the year and then none until possibly the playoffs? Was it because of that cutoff point where you can send a rookie down before the 10th game and it doesn't count as a first year of his contract? Does a playoff game count as a 10th game or do playoff games not count?

I've been a hockey fan a long time but still don't know how contracts work.
You know enough to ask the right questions which most of us don't know the answer to. It's believed that playing in the playoffs will burn a year off his I think 3 year entry level contract. To the Sens it's not too important if that happens, we're desperate for NHL quality player. Spezza has played with Greening all year whose more suited for the 3rd or 4th line.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
NYR Viper

My guess would be that, from what I saw at the beginning oft he season, he was not ready to play at the NHL level and play big minutes over an 82 game schedule. They allowed him to go back and play big minutes in Sweden while working out and now may feel that for a few games here and there, he could be an upgrade. The Rangers are considering the same thing with Kreider.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:06 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
in a scary moment, callahan took a puck to the head during practice but was able to finish without any issues.

Meanwhile, Andrew Gross at the Bergen Record reports that while there's still some swelling in Henrik Lundqvist's right forearm the soreness has cleared up and he can grip stick with five fingers again.
gees!

Old
04-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
gees!
That's exactly what we ****ing need...

Old
04-10-2012, 01:18 PM
coladin

Quote:

Rangers in 4.
More fighting majors, yes, but how mnay of those players will see a shift? I think Ottawa will dress a lineup with more fighting majors in the lineup.

I did not realize that finishing 1st guarantees a cakewalk, buddy I hope you are right or else you will be devastated!

Rangers in 5.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
More fighting majors, yes, but how mnay of those players will see a shift? I think Ottawa will dress a lineup with more fighting majors in the lineup.

I did not realize that finishing 1st guarantees a cakewalk, buddy I hope you are right or else you will be devastated!

Rangers in 5.
The Rangers players who have fought will indeed be in the line-up. Rupp, Prust, Dubinsky, Bickel.

Scot has had 2 as a Ranger.

Sauer is out who had a few at the beginning of the season I would think.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
gees!
That explains the dreadful performance in Washington.

If he couldn't grip the stick during that performance, why the hell would Torts play him?

Old
04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
NYR Viper

Also, if Konopka is out, that means the Sens will be missing their leading fighter this season from their playoff line-up.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:39 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Also, if Konopka is out, that means the Sens will be missing their leading fighter this season from their playoff line-up.
Wow I never realized. I've never once seen him fight. He does get 5 mins every game for hugging a guy though.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Krams
what an tiem

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Konopka is a goon on skates, I highly doubt he even sniffs a crack at the lineup during the playoffs.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Erin Nicks@erinnicks
Karlsson on Lundqvist: "He's had a good year and everyone's happy for him, but hopefully it's time for him to go home." #Sens #NYR

Now it's on. Like DeLury said, I hope the Rangers hit him from one end of the rink to the other. **** off Karlsson.

Old
04-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Wow I never realized. I've never once seen him fight. He does get 5 mins every game for hugging a guy though.
Holy crap! an opponent fan with a sense of humor!

Call the mods! ban him!

04-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Erin Nicks@erinnicks
Karlsson on Lundqvist: "He's had a good year and everyone's happy for him, but hopefully it's time for him to go home." #Sens #NYR

Now it's on. Like DeLury said, I hope the Rangers hit him from one end of the rink to the other. **** off Karlsson.
Just say the same thing about Karlsson, and ship him home.

Old
04-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Wow just saw Richards has 62 points in 63 career playoff games. ****ing incredible.

Old
04-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Guys, we suck at spelling Ottawa. 2 Ts, 2 As, and OW. This is seriously how I remember it.

Closed Thread