HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Bud Holloway

Old
04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
babblemoth
my heart and I agree

vCash: 500
Bud Holloway

Noticed he is leading the Elitserien playoffs for scoring, put up some solid numbers during the regular season, and had 61 pts in 78 AHL games last year.

What sort of game does he play?
Does he have NHL upside?
Is he expected to come back over?

babblemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
I noticed him after checking up on the baby Kings last off season. I admit I was somewhat confused to why he was never given a shot.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Dean gave everybody a shot, except Bud Holloway who was the Monarchs leading scorer for two years in a row. Always steps up in the playoffs too, this year again.

I'm not saying he's the next best thing but its kinda odd. There was room for him on this year's Kings roster but he had already signed in Sweden.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I noticed him after checking up on the baby Kings last off season. I admit I was somewhat confused to why he was never given a shot.
According to Dean Lombardi he was marked as the next guy to be called up at the end of last season. After Moller got called up late, Holloway was next. Lombardi was pissed when he bolted this season to Sweden.

Belanger25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:17 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
What kind of contract did he sign in Sweden? And was he not a UFA last off season, why didn't he sign with another NHL team?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
What kind of contract did he sign in Sweden? And was he not a UFA last off season, why didn't he sign with another NHL team?
UFA at age 23? No. He signed a one-year deal with Skelleftea.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:38 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
A one-year deal I believe as an RFA, not a UFA.

Kings stil own his rights and I assume they would like to bring him back, barring an ego issue with DL who has butted heads in the past with guys like Cammalleri and O'Sullivan.

Holloway I believe can be a VI UVA after next year if he doesn't play 80 career NHL games by then, so if he makes the Kings and plays at least 80 games he'll be an RFA. if not, he's a UFA after this upcoming season. I think if he wants a job with the Kings next year he's on paper to be in the line up, at least on the lower lines.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
KingsNewsDaily
Paul Armbruster

Quote:
Originally Posted by babblemoth View Post
Is he expected to come back over?
KHL teams and other major european clubs are very interested in him and Moller but Holloway has said he still dreams of playing in the NHL.

I suppose Holloway's agent will be on the horn with Lombardi fairly soon.

KingsNewsDaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Fat Elvis

My best guess is that he does come back over. There is room in the bottom six in LA assuming he's able to come to terms. Good 3rd line fit IMO.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:42 PM
PRMan

We could use him as soon as Sweden's playoffs are over.

PRMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Risiko

See he's leading the SEL in scoring this year. Any news on him coming over?

Risiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:17 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

kings are going to have to give him a pretty good offer, he's a UFA VI on july first because he's now 25yo with less than 80 nhl games.

Skelleftea is in the finals, ending the 18th at the earliest or 24th at the latest, so getting him over for the regular season might be tough anyways.

he might just wait until summer. The advantage the kings have is being able to sign him now and pay him a large signing bonus now. Also, any relationship they may have built with him.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:17 PM
J Murda

I've been hoping all year that he gets a shot at Team Canada's WC team. The Kings signing him after his season is over would be cool too, though.

J Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:09 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Unfortunately, I don't think he has a future with the Kings. Lombardi was not happy that he left for Sweden, so I think he becomes an UFA

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:12 PM
TheHudlinator

I have been hoping for the last year + that Calgary signs him this offseason, he fits our needs and if he could turn into Glencross 2.0 it would be amazing for us.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:13 PM
CNS
A World Alone

He has ZERO future with the Kings. He could have easily been a part of the cup team or this years team but he decided to bolt without properly telling Dean, and that really pissed him off. Never seen Dean act the way he did when explaining Bud's situation.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:01 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

I'd give him a Cervenka-esque contract. Speaking of, how is Cervenka? Is he even an NHLer.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:23 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
I'd give him a Cervenka-esque contract. Speaking of, how is Cervenka? Is he even an NHLer.
Due to his blood clot he was in pretty bad shape starting the year. You could see the skill but he couldn't play more than 10 minutes a night and no more than 40 seconds a shift. Lately he has been doing better (5 points in 9 games) as his conditioning is getting better. He takes poor penalties and isn't great defensively. He is probably a solid #2/#3 RWing when given a healthy offseason.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:40 PM
SurMartin

Bud has broken loads of SEL-records. The only one who has ever scored more points than him is Håkan Loob back in 1983. He'll be a highly sought after UFA (and if he for any reason doesn't get a one way contract he'll probably go to the KHL.)

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:57 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
He has ZERO future with the Kings. He could have easily been a part of the cup team or this years team but he decided to bolt without properly telling Dean, and that really pissed him off. Never seen Dean act the way he did when explaining Bud's situation.
LOL. Why would he even remotely believe that? Never got a sniff...the reality is DL "screwed" this one up himself -- I don't think DL really sees Holloway as a piece in LA anyway. It happens.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:07 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
LOL. Why would he even remotely believe that? Never got a sniff...the reality is DL "screwed" this one up himself -- I don't think DL really sees Holloway as a piece in LA anyway. It happens.
While I do think both sides could have handled this better, hard to say DL screwed up considering the way he managed the roster resulted in a Stanley Cup.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:16 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
While I do think both sides could have handled this better, hard to say DL screwed up considering the way he managed the roster resulted in a Stanley Cup.
Not what I said. I said "this one" -- meaning Holloway only. Moreover, if DL thinks Holloway really would be a good player on the Kings it would be terrible management to not pursue him because he got butt hurt. Hockey is a business and a players career is very short...as someone who has been in Holloway's type position I have nothing but respect for him in pursuing other avenues.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Due to his blood clot he was in pretty bad shape starting the year. You could see the skill but he couldn't play more than 10 minutes a night and no more than 40 seconds a shift. Lately he has been doing better (5 points in 9 games) as his conditioning is getting better. He takes poor penalties and isn't great defensively. He is probably a solid #2/#3 RWing when given a healthy offseason.
we wouldnt be able to tell... im kinda hoping we give him one more year, just to fully see what he can do, he might be better after half a year under his belt

Devilspuppet666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:56 AM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Anybody have a link to Lombardi's comments (I realize it was like two years ago), I'd be interested in reading that.

04-11-2013, 01:19 AM
nki

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Anybody have a link to Lombardi's comments (I realize it was like two years ago), I'd be interested in reading that.
http://mayorsmanor.com/2011/08/kings...pean-vacation/

nki is offline   Reply With Quote