HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

WCQF GM 1: Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings - Apr 11 - 7:30PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 01:19 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I'm not all that concerned about Luongo. Exclusive of his series' against Chicago and Boston, his playoff stats are:

21W - 12L, 1.96GAA, .934SVP, 2SO

Pretty sparkling. Chicago and Boston just seemed/seem to rattle him for whatever reason.
Yeah, Luu has had his problems with those teams, but Chicago has very high end offensive talent and that Boston team had players that could score on every line. It's funny that every team we play thinks Luongo will meltdown against them, but I don't see it being likely with the Kings. It takes some offensively explosive teams to throw him off of his game. Chicago can light up any team when they are firing on all cylinders. You just kinda have to outscore them because their D is weak.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Yeah, Luu has had his problems with those teams, but Chicago has very high end offensive talent and that Boston team had players that could score on every line. It's funny that every team we play thinks Luongo will meltdown against them, but I don't see it being likely with the Kings. It takes some offensively explosive teams to throw him off of his game. Chicago can light up any team when they are firing on all cylinders. You just kinda have to outscore them because their D is weak.
Pretty much. Luongo's reputation as a choker/weaklink has been overstated, IMO. Which actually works out better for us if teams think he's our biggest issue.

From my perspective, our biggest issue at the moment is the PP. It showed signs of life against Edmonton on Saturday but...that was Edmonton.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
As if there wasn't enough reason to hate Chicago. Eff Keith and that entire dirty organization. I seriously hope he gets tarred and feathered if he ever comes back to BC to visit family.

Here's to a speedy recovery for Daniel.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:30 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Canucks better make Keith pay next season (within the rules of course), 5 games is a joke for taking out last years Art Ross winner right before the playoffs.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Canucks better make Keith pay next season (within the rules of course), 5 games is a joke for taking out last years Art Ross winner right before the playoffs.
Or this season.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:33 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Or this season.
Playoffs probably aren't the best time for personal vendettas. Of course if the opportunity presents itself...

Old
04-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Playoffs probably aren't the best time for personal vendettas. Of course if the opportunity presents itself...
I would settle for knocking those miscreants out of the playoffs. That would assuage my anger somewhat.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
I would settle for knocking those miscreants out of the playoffs. That would assuage my anger somewhat.
Series ending goal deflecting off Keith's face? Or maybe his elbow for poetic justice...

Old
04-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

The problem is that he's among the hardest defenceman to hit in the corners. I remember Kassian going in to lay him out and getting nothing but the boards multiple times.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Hitting Keith won't solve anything. We find ourselves in a similar predicament to where Moore hit Naslund, where the league really and truly didn't do enough to punish a player for several injuring a star. I don't want the Canucks to try and exact revenge by fighting/hitting Keith, because that could cause a redux of history that we badly do not need to repeat.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:43 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Hitting Keith won't solve anything. We find ourselves in a similar predicament to where Moore hit Naslund, where the league really and truly didn't do enough to punish a player for several injuring a star. I don't want the Canucks to try and exact revenge by fighting/hitting Keith, because that could cause a redux of history that we badly do not need to repeat.
I don't think anybody on this team would take it that far. Somebody should definitely knock his teeth out though. Oh wait....

Old
04-10-2012, 01:44 PM
AvantiCanada*

Quote:
I would say the best way to exact revenge is to do exactly what the Canucks did against Keith after he got away with intentionally injuring Sedin:

Make his life a living hell. Challenge him to a fight every shift, ragdoll him, make him hear footsteps, even if you can't lay a real licking on him.

Keith was running scared like I've never seen him after he cheap shotted Daniel.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:47 PM
YogiCanucks

If the Canucks play the Hawks I don't want them to do anything dirty. I just want them to go out there flying, taking no prisoners and playing the best hockey they can. Though... they should be doing that regardless of revenge factor or not.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42

Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
So whats your guys preferred lineups without daniel?

Old
04-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Wetcoaster

Canucks.com is saying that Daniel will be available to the media at noon PDT - live feed:
Live: Media Availability Apr.10.12
Watch live as the Canucks speak with members of the media the day before Game 1 of the series against the Kings.
http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videoce...id=DL|VAN|home

Feed is now up.

Old
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Everyone, please remember - no matter how angry or frustrated you are, wishing illness or injury on players is not acceptable.

Old
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Canucks.com is saying that Daniel will be available to the media at noon PDT - live feed:
Live: Media Availability Apr.10.12
Watch live as the Canucks speak with members of the media the day before Game 1 of the series against the Kings.
http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videoce...id=DL|VAN|home

Feed is now up.
Huh. Not exactly something you do very often with a concussed player.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Huh. Not exactly something you do very often with a concussed player.
Sidney Crosby?

Old
04-10-2012, 01:58 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
I am not sure there is alot we can do. Personally I would rather face them in the playoffs and be able to send them home.

Old
04-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Pascha

@FarhanLaljiTSN Apparently Daniel is going on the ice now with the 4 #canucks not playing tomorrow

Old
04-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Approaching 1,000. Continue here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7#post47668637

Closed.

Closed Thread