HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov to CSKA Moscow, KHL. 4-Year Deal.

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 02:20 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
I'm going to have to disagree with you. Nine million is as bad as it sounds. Only two players in the league are worth that money and both play for the Penguins. Rads isn't even close to their level. 7 million tops for Radulov and honestly even that is pushing it greatly. I'd offer him 3 years 18 million. That is more than a fair offer. If he starts playing hardball and is stubborn see if you can get Kings ransom for him.

Old
04-10-2012, 02:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you. Nine million is as bad as it sounds. Only two players in the league are worth that money and both play for the Penguins. Rads isn't even close to their level. 7 million tops for Radulov and honestly even that is pushing it greatly. I'd offer him 3 years 18 million. That is more than a fair offer. If he starts playing hardball and is stubborn see if you can get Kings ransom for him.
you're judging based on what malkin and crosby signed for a couple of seasons ago. just look at NHL inflation...if they were signing those contracts this summer, they'd easily be getting 11 million per. Salaries are going up, up, up.

Old
04-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
you're judging based on what malkin and crosby signed for a couple of seasons ago. just look at NHL inflation...if they were signing those contracts this summer, they'd easily be getting 11 million per. Salaries are going up, up, up.
Exactly what BTN said..

The whole NHL is experiencing inflating contracts. And its bound to happen overtime, 6 mil is the new 4 mil

Old
04-10-2012, 03:15 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Looking at the players with $7.5m+ cap hits:

Alex - 9.5
Geno - 8.7
Sid - 8.7
E Staal - 8.25
Nash - 7.8
Lecavalier - 7.7
Heatley - 7.5
Gaborik - 7.5
Stamkos - 7.5
Weber - 7.5

Many of these contracts were signed multiple years ago. While 9 sounds high for Radulov, a deal of 7-8 doesn't sound unreasonable. It not that huge of a gap to get to 9 from there.

Old
04-10-2012, 03:57 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Guys, this is an English-speaking site. If someone is posting in a foreign language please report it, but do not respond to it. The post is absolutely going to be deleted once a mod sees it.

Thanks

Old
04-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Fedorov4HOF
Rookie User

Enjoy Radulov while you have it. He returned to Russia a few months or weeks. It will be good for you, while he was Nashville Predator, but it belongs to Russia.

Old
04-10-2012, 04:07 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Thanks. We will.

And if he is here next season we'll go ahead and enjoy that, too. And the season after that. And the season after that.

Old
04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

He doesnt belong to Russia. He belongs to us right now.

Old
04-10-2012, 04:53 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov4HOF View Post
Enjoy Radulov while you have it. He returned to Russia a few months or weeks. It will be good for you, while he was Nashville Predator, but it belongs to Russia.
He recently called the KHL a farm league. His teammates said he's accomplished all he could in KHL and don't expect to see him bac. Not to mention, the deaths of 40 people by using old planes, death of a hockey player on the ice because the attending medical staff had already left. Not to mention palyers not getting their pay checks on time and in some cases only getting a partial paycheck. This league is a joke. It's not a profitable league. It's propped up by questionable government money. It is such a horrible attempt to compete with the NHL. Radulov was their big steal (sucks for us), but now the feeling is he's done with them. If he threatens a return to the KHL my feeling is it's a loose threat and it's not where he wants to be.

I highly doubt he goes back to Russia.

Old
04-10-2012, 05:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

This is the first year of Stamkos's RFA deal ... and he's proven what he can do at the NHL level repeatedly. $1.5mil per year more than Stamkos is a stretch. Nine NHL games in at PPG pace is not enough for a $9mil per deal.

Old
04-10-2012, 05:44 PM
NoNecksCurse

radulov hasnt done enough, no where near enough, to warrant 9 million a year. he will be coming off his ELC with a total of say 20+ games in the NHL in quite some time. even if he wins the conn smyth, 9 million is a stretch. .

yes, the cap is going up (inflation to the max) but look at whats being rumored.. not hard to weed through rumors/opinions and the facts here.

not to mention, throughout the whole weber, suter, and even rinne thing... not once have we heard rumors of "concrete" terms. really hard for me to believe the validity of this *russian* report.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

If 9/mil truly is like 7 or 7.5/mil a few years ago I still think it's a little bit over what we should be offering him. Under that theory, I think 8/mil is appropriate.....if he plays like he can in the playoffs.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:23 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
yes, the cap is going up (inflation to the max)
Is this a fact? If so, please correct me.

The CBA is up. Who knows what's going to happen with the cap...

Old
04-10-2012, 08:16 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Is this a fact? If so, please correct me.

The CBA is up. Who knows what's going to happen with the cap...
that was meant to be past tense... in response to crosby's, malkin's, ect contracts being under 9 million.

you are correct. it is up, I believe this offseason

Old
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Deemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
First, the player/agent and the GM do not necessarily have to be able to negotiate for the GM to offer a contract. Of course, why the hell would a GM offer a $9m/yr contract to a guy who, while he has looked outstanding, has played all of nine regular season games in the NHL since 2008? You would think the GM would at least try to low ball it a bit to begin negotiations. Also remember that Poile keeps a tight ship. When things get out it's probably because he wants them to get out. Maybe someone inside started the rumor to drive the price of a OS through the roof.

Second, if this truly was a rumor started by his Russian agent then it is clearly a move attempting to get a huge offer from a KHL team. I would like to once again state that Russia posters who would know better than us have already told us that KHL contracts are absolutely not tax-free.

FWIW, I quickly searched to see if I could compare tax rates in the United States to Russia. It looks like the high-end tax rates would be pretty similar in both countries. I don't really have time to try to teach myself anything about Russia Tax Code today, so I could be wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if the $36m figure is accurate, but the 4yr figure is not.
Actually, they got separate rules for athletes. They are essentially exempt from any taxes at all. Simply put, if the offers are anywhere near the same they are earning far, far more in the KHL than the NHL.

Old
04-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Snipeshow

6yr $36mil makes much more sense IMO.

Old
04-11-2012, 03:27 PM
kp61c

vCash: 50
Quote:
Actually, they got separate rules for athletes. They are essentially exempt from any taxes at all.
it is an interesting statement. let me quess, you are not russian? as for 9 mil it is simply absurd. on what basis you are gonna give him such money? he played here only 9 games. i think its a little premature to give player such pile of money after so short time. btw he is great player and i hope he proves it in play-offs))

Last edited by kp61c: 04-11-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemo View Post
Actually, they got separate rules for athletes. They are essentially exempt from any taxes at all. Simply put, if the offers are anywhere near the same they are earning far, far more in the KHL than the NHL.
As I said, I am no expert on Russia tax code, but in my reading yesterday I saw no exclusions for athletes.

Old
04-11-2012, 04:03 PM
kp61c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
As I said, I am no expert on Russia tax code, but in my reading yesterday I saw no exclusions for athletes.
maybe because there are no exclussions

Old
04-11-2012, 04:16 PM
ilikeblocks

Individuals on a work visa can work up to two years in the U.S. before having to pay income tax to the U.S. - they stay under the tax rules of their "home" country. I'm not sure how this works with games played in Canada though.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:37 AM
kp61c

his russian agent says that he most probably will play in russia next season...
http://allhockey.ru/news/120913/

Last edited by kp61c: 04-13-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old
04-13-2012, 08:15 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
his russian agent says that he most probably will play in russia next season...
http://allhockey.ru/news/120913/
Quote:
Nikolaev: most likely, Radulov will play in Russia

Hockey Agent Yuri Nikolayev told about the situation with his client, Alexander Radulov:

- In Ufa understood the departure Radulov. The rights belong to Alexander the Ufa club and next season he is likely to hold in Russia. Often the talk on the phone with Radulov, discuss his game. Sasha is all very well, he was very comfortable playing in small venues. Radulov technique allows him to become one of the top NHL. Sasha wants to play in the national team at the World Cup. If the "Nashville" will fly out of the playoffs then, Sasha always comes to the location of the team.
The agent seems to talking a lot the last couple weeks. We'll see after the season, I guess.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:26 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

No offense to the poster, but I believe Radulov's russian agent--well, not at all.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:49 AM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov4HOF View Post

Yeah cause he wants to play in front of a raucous 8000 person crowd every night. I just don't think the bridge is as good as any atmosphere in the KHL

Old
04-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
The agent seems to talking a lot the last couple weeks. We'll see after the season, I guess.
Radulov and Poile both said that as far as they understood, there was no commitment to his Russian team following this season.

Closed Thread