HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Benoit Pouliot: "happy to be out of there"

Old
04-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Paddyjack

vCash: 500
Benoit Pouliot: "happy to be out of there"

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/338336.html

Quote:
L'attaquant des Bruins a été encore plus cinglant en déclarant qu'il avait vu venir la déconfiture de la dernière saison du Canadien. "Il était temps que je parte de là. J'aime bien les gars à Montréal, mais la chimie est tellement meilleure ici à Boston. L'attitude, l'approche d'un match et l'ambiance dans le vestiaire sont bien différentes de ce que j'étais habitué à Montréal."
Basically he is saying, I saw this (the bad season) coming from a mile away, and I'm glad I'm out of there. I like the guys in Montreal but the locker room atmosphere is a lot better (Note: isn't it obvious from a Stanley Cup Champs team....?). The attitude, game preparation are also quite different from Montreal.

I will make two comments about this. One: a guy with a 32 points season should **** when he does 2 points more than here. Second, I'm worried since this comment mirrors a little what Cammy said. I feel like there is a real problem at the heart of this team right now

Paddyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Did we not already hear about this a month or 2 ago? Who cares what BenPoo thinks. He should concentrate on his skating.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

There was absolutely 0 leadership coming from the top of the organization. It's been run like a circus from the top down for years.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyjack View Post

Basically he is saying, I saw this (the bad season) coming from a mile away, and I'm glad I'm out of there. I like the guys in Montreal but the locker room atmosphere is a lot better (Note: isn't it obvious from a Stanley Cup Champs team....?). The attitude, game preparation are also quite different from Montreal.

I will make two comments about this. One: a guy with a 32 points season should **** when he does 2 points more than here. Second, I'm worried since this comment mirrors a little what Cammy said. I feel like there is a real problem at the heart of this team right now
I don't have much respect for ex-players blasting their previous team (By the way, Pouliot blasted Martin, too)... Pouliot is darn lucky to be in the NHL, still, and with the SC winners on top of that.... No wonder the atmosphere is soooo good.

Next GM and coach have a big cleaning job to do in that locker room. Let's find the real leaders, and let's solve some "problems".

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Crystal Met

maybe its because of guys like him & and cammy that there was a problem..

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 04:57 PM
NJHABFAN

HA!HA!HA!

happy he isn't here anymore.....

NJHABFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 04:58 PM

I don't miss him at all.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

The feeling is mutual Benoit.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I hate what kind of culture the organisation brought within the team. Not sure exactly what's wrong, but it has hurt us deeply in the past few years.

This being said, Pouliot sucks.

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Mrb1p

Jacque Martin, Bob Gainey and PG we're all incredibly good communicator don't go further.

And anyway, Benoit Pouliot is a lazy talented punk ... WTF is he talking about.. He could be a 50-60 point guy but he's one of the laziest kid i've seen. People like him don't help chemistry.

Now we got Plek, Gorges and Price as our core from last season are they the problem ? I don't think so. (Notice I didn't talk about P.K, )

With people such as Savard in the mix this organization will go from 45 degree incline to a straight vertical line. Doesnt mean we will win the cup. Just that the drama's over. (All those injury excluded.)

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

feeling is mutual. One of the most useless turds I've ever seen.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Pouliott may be an idiot but there sure are a lot of former players telling us that we've been running things poorly for a while now.

House cleaning couldn't have come at a better time.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:04 PM
OneSharpMarble

I liked Pouliot when he was here and sometimes the guy could turn on the magic and just control the game. I always wanted to see him get more time on the top lines but honestly it was just boneheaded play after boneheaded play, not to mention the falling down.

Obviously there is/was a problem in the locker room, that tends to happen when your season is going down the drain and management is making tough decisions. I have trouble taking guys like Pouliot or Cammy seriously when they are traded and turn around to take shots. Fringe player and a floater, neither helping leadership in any way but they don't mind taking a shot when they are dumped.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:05 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:

While I think that Pouliot is a giant d-bag. He isnt wrong. Maybe with a new GM this team will finally find themselves a real leader.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab

Quote:

Was. Was a real problem at the heart of this team........and they are gone........Martin and Gauthier.

A lot of damage was done to this team and organization by those two clowns. And it will take effective management and strong coaching to erase that damage.

And I will remain positive that we are on the right track to fix that problem. A lot at stake Geoff Molson.........the reputation of the Montreal Canadiens franchise.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I have a feeling some of the "problems" in the locker room are caused by players like Cammalleri and Pouliot. Those are the type of rats that take shots once they leave town.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Habs

That's the difference having a former legend like Neely behind the scenes, and the idiots running the circus here. Bring back some of the legendary players to help solidify the organization. Who do you want giving you advice, Patrick Roy or some putz who has never played the game or been in your shoes?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
JackZap

Eille Ben, farme ta cr*sse de yeule

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
1UP

That just makes me like Martin more ^_^.

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:11 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Eille Ben, farme ta cr*sse de yeule
The guy is so lucky... He was signed by the Stanley Cup winners. No wonder, the atmosphere is sooo great...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:11 PM
OneSharpMarble

I don't recall Koivu saying anything bad about the organization after leaving and I value his word over a plug like Pouliot anyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
That's the difference having a former legend like Neely behind the scenes, and the idiots running the circus here. Bring back some of the legendary players to help solidify the organization. Who do you want giving you advice, Patrick Roy or some putz who has never played the game or been in your shoes?
Remind me is Gainey a former legend? Hard to imagine we could have found a bigger idiot.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Leafs fan here.

After I saw him sign with Boston in the offseason, I lost a lot of respect for this guy. (Just like I lost a bunch of respect for Talbot signing in Phili) I know it's a business but still, just my two cents.

In Toronto, we have had the same rumours of "locker room problems".

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:16 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:

Isn't it funny that the hard working players like Cole, Gorges, Subban, Pacioretty, Price, love Montreal but the borderline mental case guys like Cammy and Pouliot whine away. Gill who we all knew as a leader never whined after being traded.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

so easy to say when you are in a top team right now....

see ya next year Benny

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:17 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Leafs fan here.

After I saw him sign with Boston in the offseason, I lost a lot of respect for this guy. (Just like I lost a bunch of respect for Talbot signing in Phili) I know it's a business but still, just my two cents.

In Toronto, we have had the same rumours of "locker room problems".
when u lose u have issues i think its normal.Boston were 1 goal away from firing everyone in sight and now its the best room ever.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote