HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Sign Chris Kreider to ELC (First year of ELC active)

Old
04-10-2012, 06:02 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
In other words, Stanley Cup??

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:05 PM
ecemleafs

great photo of kreider in the article about him signing on the rangers site. looks like he just won a beer drinking competition lol.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:07 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Another American New York Ranger. Love it.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:08 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
I somehow don't see him playing until someone is injured or the team loses 2 in a row.

Would kind of be a kick in the balls to a tight knit team to just have some dude waltz in off the street and grab a spot after missing all 82 games that got them there.

But like I said if they lose a couple I'm sure no one will have a problem, but he isn't starting Thurs.

vladmyir111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
I think he's a waste on the 4th line though. Move Feds down.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Anisimov-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-Boyle-Kreider
Fedotenko-Rupp-Prust
its a little risky throwing a kid that has never played an NHL game on the 3rd line. Heck its risky playing him at all

With that said I am for him being on the 4th line for now and if he earns more time great. First PP unit for sure though. He could really hep there

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Can't wait to see an interview of him tomorrow after practice

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Anisimov-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-Boyle-Kreider
Fedotenko-Rupp-Prust
I think Boyle centers Dubi and Cally, to give Torts the defensive matchup he wants against the Spezza line.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:11 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
I somehow don't see him playing until someone is injured or the team loses 2 in a row.

Would kind of be a kick in the balls to a tight knit team to just have some dude waltz in off the street and grab a spot after missing all 82 games that got them there.

But like I said if they lose a couple I'm sure no one will have a problem, but he isn't starting Thurs.
This isn't some rental player about to be a UFA. The guys know that Kreider is going to be a part of the organization for some time and almost all of them have met and/or played with him already. He'll be embraced immediately especially by Stepan McD and Boyle.

The whole team will be rooting for him. (except secretly maybe Mitchell).

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:12 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
In other words, Stanley Cup??
I know everyone is excited but I truly think next year will be THE year. If this team makes it to the 2nd round I will be pumped, but ECF are my expectations. Experience is a little hard to find on this line up besides the true vets. I really hope that these young players have an Ace up the sleeve and some legs about them because they are filled with potential, especially with Kreider coming in.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:13 PM
NikC

if this kid manages to score one time on home ice, the roof of msg is going to pop off.

this kid has got some size @ 6-3 230! he's going to be a beast for us down the line.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:13 PM
darrenturcotte#8

I bet Torts rolls out the same lineup that won us the East, with Kreider in the press box. Every player knows that Kreider will be taking someones spot in the lineup and may never give it back so you don't want it to be yours. Torts will 1000% use THAT to his advantage while teaching the "kid" that you have to earn you spot. It won't just be handed to you...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
I bet Torts rolls out the same lineup that won us the East, with Kreider in the press box. Every player knows that Kreider will be taking someones spot in the lineup and may never give it back so you don't want it to be yours. Torts will 1000% use THAT to his advantage while teaching the "kid" that you have to earn you spot. It won't just be handed to you...
I mean...Mitchell was such an important piece of the conference win, right? If Kreider impresses at practice tomorrow, Mitchell can very well watch from the press box.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Leetch66

The Sens coaching staff is not completely unfamiliar with him as assistant coach Dave Cameron former WJ coach for Team Canada has coached against him before in World Junior play . I'm sure he has been well scouted by Dave and the info has been passed on to the Senator players on him . A guy of Kreider's skills has undoubtedly been scouted by many people and there are probably not that many unknown factors that NHL teams will be caught unaware of . All that stuff aside...just his speed factor alone on the forecheck will be welcomed and should cause a few turnovers in the Ottawa zone...any amount of offense from him will all be a bonus IMO at this point in his NHL career .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:18 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Clearly he's going to come in here and break the record for points in the playoffs. I mean I don't see any other alternative.

04-10-2012, 06:19 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I mean...Mitchell was such an important piece of the conference win, right? If Kreider impresses at practice tomorrow, Mitchell can very well watch from the press box.
That's not the point. This team has chemistry and you might need Mitchell later. The right move is to wait and plug him in when you need a spark. Kinda like Seguin last yr with the Bruins. When he finally got his chance, he exploded. The last thing a hyped rookie needs is to be handed the keys to the kingdom. I'm telling you, Torts won't do it...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:21 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
While I agree with you in nearly every situation and believe that is Torts way of doing things--there is no way I want that to happen with this particular situation.

Guys like Mitchell and some of the other fourth-line scrubs we have playing 20 minutes a night should be benched immediately for someone who has a huge potential impact. That being said, he shouldn't be played 15 minutes a game and be relied upon to score goals. Should just be a go out there and do your thing.

Sorry, I prefer Kreider's game over goalless Mitchell, Rupp, Scott and sometimes Boyle and Feds. Yes I understand that role players are important and yeah I know all about Feds and his 'playoff experience'. That's my personal opinion. Take it how you want it.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:21 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
That's not the point. This team has chemistry and you might need Mitchell later. The right move is to wait and plug him in when you need a spark. Kinda like Seguin last yr with the Bruins. When he finally got his chance, he exploded. The last thing a hyped rookie needs is to be handed the keys to the kingdom. I'm telling you, Torts won't do it...
I have to agree. I don't think Kreider gets in until Game 2 or 3 at the earliest. Torts will most likely let him watch a game or 2 from the box to learn.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:22 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Anisimov-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-Boyle-Kreider
Fedotenko-Rupp-Prust
Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Boyle - Callahan (shutdown trio vs Spezza & co)
Kreider - Stepan - Anisimov
Fedotenko - Rupp/Mitchell - Prust

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:25 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Your kidding right? Your defending keeping barely a 4th liner Mitchell in the lineup over a kid who is bigger, faster, and more offensively talented. Mitchell shouldve been in the press box the last three weeks. I guess you missed Boyle's comments today to reporters.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Dubi-Boyle-Anisimov

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Boyle - Callahan (shutdown trio vs Spezza & co)
Kreider - Stepan - Anisimov
Fedotenko - Rupp/Mitchell - Prust
Even though Boyle has been heating up, he is NOT a second line center. He's playing like a third line center, where he should stay. Plus, him and Callahan probably makes Cally irrelevant on the offensive side of things.

Old
04-10-2012, 06:31 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Even though Boyle has been heating up, he is NOT a second line center. He's playing like a third line center, where he should stay. Plus, him and Callahan probably makes Cally irrelevant on the offensive side of things.
Don't make too much about line designations...it's about matchups. A line of Dubi/Boyle/Cally would be matched up against the Spezza in order to keep them hemmed in on the forecheck. Take out that top line and the Rangers ability to win this series becomes a lot easier.

Old
04-10-2012, 06:31 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

someone get me a dancing walrus!

can't wait to see him with Stepan. They already have great chemistry together. Could really take off.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan (reunite them damnit!)
Kreider-Stepan-Feds
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

edit: a Dubi-Boyle-Callahan line could prove good as a shut down line. If we can shut their top line down, I think we win the series quite easily. Kreider-Stepan-Anisimov then? Feds-Rupp-Prust or go with Rupp-Anisimov-Prust? I have been wanting to Anisimov go between those two ever since the miracle experiment of Shelly-Anisimov-Prust that one late spring... or maybe a constant mix of those players to get players more ice time, double shifting 1st line guys such as Gaborik seeing a double shift with Kreider and Stepan or Anisimov on the left with Richards and Feds.

Last edited by n8: 04-10-2012 at 06:41 PM.
n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Don't make too much about line designations...it's about matchups. A line of Dubi/Boyle/Cally would be matched up against the Spezza in order to keep them hemmed in on the forecheck. Take out that top line and the Rangers ability to win this series becomes a lot easier.
Boyle vs. Spezza was a disaster in the regular season.

Old
04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

He wasn't on a line with Dubi and Cally, though.

Old
04-10-2012, 06:41 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
do we have a better option? Can Anisimov fill that role?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote