HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The "Rising Monster"

Old
04-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Bongo

vCash: 500
Anything can happen in the playoffs. Look how many times the top team has been bumped by the 8th seed. A lot of people now consider the President's Trophy a curse.

Having said that, the three things every team need to go deep are few injuries, hot goaltending, and confidence. There's nothing you can do about the first thing. It's fate. Pekka has proven his case for the 2nd option. Confidence is something that can't be taught or coached. It has to come from within. As I gazed over the league wide stats this past weekend, one record jumped out at me. 16-5-3. That should provide all the confidence your guys need for the up coming series against Detroit. Good Luck.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Anything can happen in the playoffs. Look how many times the top team has been bumped by the 8th seed. A lot of people now consider the President's Trophy a curse.

Having said that, the three things every team need to go deep are few injuries, hot goaltending, and confidence. There's nothing you can do about the first thing. It's fate. Pekka has proven his case for the 2nd option. Confidence is something that can't be taught or coached. It has to come from within. As I gazed over the league wide stats this past weekend, one record jumped out at me. 16-5-3. That should provide all the confidence your guys need for the up coming series against Detroit. Good Luck.
Going up 2-0 going into Detroit is what gives you confidence

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:11 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
Agree with the no excuses theory. For the first time since maybe 2007, we are as good as anyone and can win the Cup on talent. If we lose, it's because we didn't play up to our capabilities. In the past, we had to play up to our capabilities just to have a 40-60 chance. In other words, we could play our best and lose. This year, if we play our best, we win.
I agree with this and the premise of this whole thread. This playoff run is massively important and that Detroit fan you quoted is right.

This is not 2007's team. That team was talented, but wasn't built for playoff hockey. We had guys that were injured (like Forsberg) and a lot of guys that were a little soft (Arnott, Dumont, Sullivan, etc). This year we're healthy and talented, but I think this team really has that playoff X factor...that ability to get their nose dirty, take a hit and give a hit, a lot of grit. You need that AND deep talent to make it in the playoffs. This is the first year we've had both.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post

This is not 2007's team. That team was talented, but wasn't built for playoff hockey. We had guys that were injured (like Forsberg) and a lot of guys that were a little soft (Arnott, Dumont, Sullivan, etc). This year we're healthy and talented, but I think this team really has that playoff X factor...that ability to get their nose dirty, take a hit and give a hit, a lot of grit. You need that AND deep talent to make it in the playoffs. This is the first year we've had both.
I feel like the 2007 team was the most talented we've ever had, but this year's team is the deepest, most cohesive group. Which in turn, is the most ready for the playoffs. I think last year's was pretty good but this year's team is what the last year's group would've liked to be.

Also, people forget that Anaheim was playing great to end the season last year and came out of nowhere to earn the 4 seed and home ice. No one wanted to play either one of us, and we were upset that we were having a really nice year and had to run up against a red-hot team, and we still beat them. This year, Detroit is doing the opposite of what last year's Ducks were doing to end the year (although they've been injured) and a lot of us are still like "Ugggh here we go again. We're in great shape but of course we're playing Detroit." Yeah well, welcome to the Western Conference. This is what happens every season. Every team is playing a very good team. If we truly are a better team this year we should win this series.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote