HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 8.0

View Poll Results: what to do with the #3 pick?
Trade up to get Grigorenko (for #3 pick + player) 15 10.64%
Draft Forsberg 35 24.82%
Draft Galchenyuk 83 58.87%
Draft Murray 4 2.84%
other (specify) 4 2.84%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 07:42 PM
goforit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Would you guys trade Subban in a package for Nail Yakupov. And pick Galchenyuk with the 3rd overall?
No, if we do this, we need to take Murray if he's available.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'd be shocked if Columbus doesn't take Murray if he doesn't go #1(highly unlikely).

Would you trade our 2012 and 2013 1st for Edmonton's #1 overall?

Old
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Firstly it be incredibly ballsy an would require subban and likely next years first, then you have to hope that galchenyuk is there at 3. I mean dont get me wrong I love it but god damn it be hard to pull off
Nothing prevents this from being a 3-way deal in which the top 3 spots decide who gets what. I don't think collusion is against the rules

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Columbs is scared to death when it comes to Russians so they'll likely pick Galchenyuk who's more American than Russian.

I for one, doesn't want another Kozlov/Yashin who never drives to the net.

To my fellow Galchenyuk lovers: **** the Oilers! It's all their fault!
We'll see.

Ryan Murray seems to be an excellent fit for them, Wiz and JJ are very high risk defenders and not guys I would trust playing against elite forwards in a shutdown role.

Would not shock me at all if they went with Forsberg either, Mathias Brunet wrote about it today that there has been some buzz that CBJ really likes FF. At center, they do have Johansen, who should be a #1 at some point in time, Brassard who was solid down the stretch and Boone Jenner is a good prospect.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:46 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
I agree.

So it's nearly certain that Edm will pick Yakupov.
With Johansen ready for first line duty next year, I still think Columbus will go with a C here. Since Grigo has the Russian factor compared with Galchenyuk, we'll have to pick either Grigo/Murray/Forsberg.

**** our lives.
I agree too. If Edmonton was picking 2nd there was a chance they would take a defenseman, but with the Oilers having the #1 pick now there's no way they aren't taking Yakupov. They either take him or trade the pick so that someone else takes him. That still leaves Columbus and I think they take a forward. Galchenyuk is my guess.

I really really don't think BJs take a D.

Old
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Would you want Slepyshev? (I mean, if he's still available by our own 3rd-rounder or even 4th-rounder) He has been a KHL first overall pick...

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Grigorenko pointless again tonight in a 5-3 win over Halifax.. not looking good for the kid, will probably slide some spot if he doesnt start producing..
Craig Button said on the lottery show that he doesn't think Grigorenko will be a top line center but compared Galchenyuk to Ron Francis.. Button doesn't seem sold on Grigorenko even though Bob Mackenzie still had him ranked 2nd.. If what Button says is so I'd rather Galchenyuk if still available at 3rd..

Old
04-10-2012, 07:48 PM
goforit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'd be shocked if Columbus doesn't take Murray if he doesn't go #1(highly unlikely).

Really? You think they'll go for a dman?

And no, I wouldn't do this trade. Next year's draft is said to be pretty deep and to have a lot of high end talent. We don't know what will happen. We might be as bad as this year and pick top 5-10 again.

Plus, we're still able to pick a very good player at the 3rd spot.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:49 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

No. I don't want to trade next year's 1st. You never know how next year is going to go. I don't want to chance giving them Mackinnon or Seth Jones.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Cookie007

Will Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Murray, Forsberg Be Ready Next Year?

I'm asking those who have seen these 4 talents play. As I want immediate impact on our highest draft selection since 1980. Will any of these 4 be ready to play next year and have an impact like Landeskog or RNH?

Edmonton, unless they make a trade or is utterly ******** will pick Yakupov #1.
Columbus is the wildcard...Murray would be the safe pick but they've been desperately looking for that #1C to feed Nash or whoever for years. Russian factor might scared them away from Grigs. Also note that their trying to win fans an a F will excite fans more than a D. + they recently traded for JJ and already have Russel and Wiz (So their D is decent)

That leaves us with 3 of the 4 that Columbus does not pick. Grigs/Galch/Forsberg all have their question marks (competitiveness, injuries, Forsberg might take couple of years to adapt to NHL ice and game). Murray is said to be the most ready prospect to make the jump by BobbyMac but is a D.

I just want this pick to have an immediate impact next year on our lineup. The Time is NOW!

Old
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
JustAHabFan

I really think Yakupov and Galchenyuk will go 1/2. I think we should get either Murray or Forsberg and take a pass on Grigo.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Toastman

I doubt Forsberg will

Old
04-10-2012, 07:52 PM
habitue*

None will be.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
No, if we do this, we need to take Murray if he's available.
But, don't you think Beaulieu can replace Subban? Subban seems to be a huge problem in the locker room. Not saying I give up on him already..that would be insanely stupid. But, the idea of reuniting Yakupov and Galchenyuk in Montreal is incredible. Then we would pick a defenseman in the 2nd round. Our defensive prospect pool is deep...vs our forwards.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Cookie007

There is also a likely hood of the first 4 picks being all forwards...

EDM - Yakupov
COL - Forsberg/Grigs/Galch
MTL - Forsberg/Grigs/Galch
NYI - Forsberg/Grigs/Galch

Wouldn't that piss Burke off even more.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:58 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
But, don't you think Beaulieu can replace Subban? Subban seems to be a huge problem in the locker room. Not saying I give up on him already..that would be insanely stupid. But, the idea of reuniting Yakupov and Galchenyuk in Montreal is incredible. Then we would pick a defenseman in the 2nd round. Our defensive prospect pool is deep...vs our forwards.
The answer is no. To win in the playoff, you need Subban.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
I'm asking those who have seen these 4 talents play. As I want immediate impact on our highest draft selection since 1980. Will any of these 4 be ready to play next year and have an impact like Landeskog or RNH?
Honestly, the answer is most likely no for the 3 forwards.

Forsberg and Grigorenko only turn 18 during the off-season. Landeskog turned 19 in November, it's a huge extra year of hockey he had under his belt.

It would be stupid to put Galchenyuk in the NHL when he played so little in the OHL this year.

Murray probably could do pretty decent as a 4th or 5th defender in the NHL next season.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Schooner Guy

If there are no trades within the top 5, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go like this....

1) Oilers - Yakupov
2) CBJ - Forsberg
3) Habs - Galchenyuk
4) Isles - Murray
5) Leafs - Grigorenko (Antropov 2.0?)

The Isles or Leafs may also select Dumba. The only ones I can see in the NHL next year of this bunch are Yakupov and perhaps Murray. Galchenyuk will likely need to play at least one more year in the OHL to make up for this year's missed season.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:04 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I really think Yakupov and Galchenyuk will go 1/2. I think we should get either Murray or Forsberg and take a pass on Grigo.
I agree, I would pick Murray and load our Defense as a mad fort!

Old
04-10-2012, 08:05 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Grigo remind me Jason Allison.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:06 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
There is also a likely hood of the first 4 picks being all forwards...

EDM - Yakupov
COL - Forsberg/Grigs/Galch
MTL - Forsberg/Grigs/Galch
NYI - Forsberg/Grigs/Galch

Wouldn't that piss Burke off even more.
Yeah, I thought NYI would pick a D, but it seems Dumba has slipped down to 8-10 range, and Teuvo Teravainen has slipped into the top 10 on some lists.

Craig Button has Columbus taking Murray, Habs Grigs, NYI Forsberg and Toronto Gally.

But, I think the 4 top forwards might go right away, although I think NYI need a D more than they need another forward.

Old
Cookie007

anybody drooling over the fact that we may end up with...

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Beaulieu
Murray-Tinordi
(obv next year Markov will be here and Beaulieu prob be in Ham)

Price

I know Pitts and EDM are building from the forward back, what if we went from the Goal out?

Old
goforit

Quote:
I agree with you about Subban and the whole story around him and his teammates. I really like him but I think, too, that we will have to trade him at some point.

Our prospect pool is considered as deep, but it's still a prospect pool. I don't know if Beaulieu will be as good as Subban. Subban is already good offensively, defensively and can play 25min with no problem. In other words, he's already a top pairing d-man.

Beaulieu might become a very good offensive d-man, but we don't know if he's gonna be able to do everything else Subban can do.

Tinordi seems to develop well, but he won't bring a lot of offensive and could still only be a 3rd pairing d-man.

For Ellis, he's probably a top4 d-man, but I don't see him putting more than 30 pts/season.

A team need a d-man like Subban to win, this is why I think we would have to draft someone like Murray (who isn't Subban-like, but still probably a top pairing d-man) if we trade him.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
If Edmonton trades their pick for a top D or trades down to pick a D, and Yakupov goes #1, do you really think Columbus is taking Grigorenko? Galchenyuk has a good shot of going #2.
Murray is the logical choice for CBJ. They have needs on defense and he is a NA guy and ready now.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Columbs is scared to death when it comes to Russians
They have three Russians on their current roster, including Tyutin who they just gave a six year contract extention to, don't seem all that scared.

Closed Thread