HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 8.0

View Poll Results: what to do with the #3 pick?
Trade up to get Grigorenko (for #3 pick + player) 15 10.64%
Draft Forsberg 35 24.82%
Draft Galchenyuk 83 58.87%
Draft Murray 4 2.84%
other (specify) 4 2.84%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Habruti!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Or Kozlov/Yashin V2.0 in Grigorenko...
a young Yashin would still be our number one center...

Old
04-10-2012, 08:13 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Murray is the logical choice for CBJ. They have needs on defense and he is a NA guy and ready now.
They also picked up Jack Johnson and lost Carter so they have a need at forward also.. It could go anyway who they pick..

Old
04-10-2012, 08:17 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Craig Button said on the lottery show that he doesn't think Grigorenko will be a top line center but compared Galchenyuk to Ron Francis.. Button doesn't seem sold on Grigorenko even though Bob Mackenzie still had him ranked 2nd.. If what Button says is so I'd rather Galchenyuk if still available at 3rd..
nothing button says makes much sense, he said Grigorenko isn't an elite center but we'd pick him cause he's the big center we need, but he has Galchenyuk as ron francis. I think i'll take ron francis anyday of the week. Then at 10 he has ducks taking some finnish guy who is dynamic and could replace selanne. So what he is saying is the guy could one day be as good as selanne? That's what I took it to mean, if the guy projects to be as good as Selanne why do you have him going at 10? He should be much higher top 5 talent

Old
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
nothing button says makes much sense, he said Grigorenko isn't an elite center but we'd pick him cause he's the big center we need, but he has Galchenyuk as ron francis. I think i'll take ron francis anyday of the week. Then at 10 he has ducks taking some finnish guy who is dynamic and could replace selanne. So what he is saying is the guy could one day be as good as selanne? That's what I took it to mean, if the guy projects to be as good as Selanne why do you have him going at 10? He should be much higher top 5 talent
I was thinking the same when he said it.. He implied that Galychenyuk was gonna be better than Grigorenko so why wouldn't the Habs pick the better center instead..

Old
04-10-2012, 08:22 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
anybody drooling over the fact that we may end up with...

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Beaulieu
Murray-Tinordi
(obv next year Markov will be here and Beaulieu prob be in Ham)

Price

I know Pitts and EDM are building from the forward back, what if we went from the Goal out?

That is a sexy defense. I would not be heartbroken if we did that.
The big benefit of doing something like this, would be making Markov expendable in 2014. He would likely fetch us a very good pick/prospect if we were to deal him.

However...I am still leaning towards drafting a forward. It is just to hard to pass up a potential first line player when we finally get a top 3 draft pick.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
They also picked up Jack Johnson and lost Carter so they have a need at forward also.. It could go anyway who they pick..
I see them picking safe...Murray or Forsberg.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:27 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
I agree with you about Subban and the whole story around him and his teammates. I really like him but I think, too, that we will have to trade him at some point.

Our prospect pool is considered as deep, but it's still a prospect pool. I don't know if Beaulieu will be as good as Subban. Subban is already good offensively, defensively and can play 25min with no problem. In other words, he's already a top pairing d-man.

Beaulieu might become a very good offensive d-man, but we don't know if he's gonna be able to do everything else Subban can do.

Tinordi seems to develop well, but he won't bring a lot of offensive and could still only be a 3rd pairing d-man.

For Ellis, he's probably a top4 d-man, but I don't see him putting more than 30 pts/season.

A team need a d-man like Subban to win, this is why I think we would have to draft someone like Murray (who isn't Subban-like, but still probably a top pairing d-man) if we trade him.

This team is re-tooling (or rebuilding if you wish). We need 20 more guys like PK if we want to win eventually.

How about we just trade anyone who has a problem with Subban instead of trading Subban. Make PK the new leadership of the team and build guys around him. If the veterans don't want to get in line then too bad. PK has that extra something that you can't teach. He has an incredible determination to win. Pair that with his talent and you have something special.

If Markov or Plekanec have a problem with PK, then they should be the ones dealt.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:29 PM
sheed36

Quote:
I see them picking safe...Murray or Forsberg.
I agree maybe Galchenyuk will be considered too.. I don't think they will even consider taking Grigorenko..

Old
04-10-2012, 08:31 PM
goforit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
This team is re-tooling (or rebuilding if you wish). We need 20 more guys like PK if we want to win eventually.

How about we just trade anyone who has a problem with Subban instead of trading Subban. Make PK the new leadership of the team and build guys around him. If the veterans don't want to get in line then too bad. PK has that extra something that you can't teach. He has an incredible determination to win. Pair that with his talent and you have something special.

If Markov or Plekanec have a problem with PK, then they should be the ones dealt.
Loll.. you're right. Would be fun if that was that easy... but sadly, it isn't...

Old
04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
anybody drooling over the fact that we may end up with...

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Beaulieu
Murray-Tinordi
(obv next year Markov will be here and Beaulieu prob be in Ham)

Price

I know Pitts and EDM are building from the forward back, what if we went from the Goal out?
It could be incredible if they progress like they are suppose too and having a bunch of talented guys like this playing together would probably help them all develop nicely.

This defensive core would be well rounded, solid defensively and offensively and with characters and hard hitters.

With price in the net

Old
04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
VeganEarthlings
Rookie User

I'd go with Murray.

I don't like Grigorenko's skating, nor his much "talked-about" poor work ethic. His personality or poor work ethic won't mesh well with the high demand of hockey-mecca-city-Montreal.

Galchenyuk was badly injured this year, you have to wonder if this injury/setback will have an effect on his future. Then again, I'm just speculating.

Forsberg would be my automatic choice if he were a centre, but he's a leftwing. Do we need a leftwing more than a defenseman?

I think Murray is the best choice. He's been compared to Niedermayer. I know many want a flashy forward, but defensemen like Murray are true ackbones to dynasties.

Obviously, picking at third, Murray could already be taken at first or second overall. In that scenario, you have to go with the best player available.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Murray is the logical choice for CBJ. They have needs on defense and he is a NA guy and ready now.
CBJ just got Jack Johnson to go with Wisniewski and Tyutin (minutes eater). I think they're biggest needs are up front...especially if they trade Nash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
I think numerous analysts just see the Habs as a soft team and think we'll take a player who fits our reputation especially one with Quebec connections....even though this is not how Timmins normallly drafts. In 2007, every single mock draft had us taking Esposito at #12 even though he was freefalling on all draft lists.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Sorry guys, need to close this one up as it is close to hitting 1,000.

Part 9 to be up shortly.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread