HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2012 NHL Draft Lottery (Edmonton Oilers won)

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Shadyone33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
If Edmonton was open to trade the #1 pick for a Franchise D Man (Subban maybe) would you do it? The goal obviously would be to land Yakupov AND Galchenyuk, as they seem to have great chemestry together?
I would in a heartbeat and I'm a BIG Subban fan. Flame away.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
What is this from? i can tell the draft.. but what happened?
Wasn't it when Brayden schenn got picked by LA, when everybody knew Burke would go after him? I'm not sure though.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:44 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
What is this from? i can tell the draft.. but what happened?
He returned from a voyage in time where he saw Komisarek's future

Old
04-10-2012, 08:45 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyone33 View Post
I would do it too. And like you, I love Subban. We have enough defensive depth to be able to deal Subban. On top, we can pick Murray with our 3rd overall pick.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyone33 View Post
Not questioning your Subban love, just wondering, do you think Yakupov is THAT good? I think one on one, Subban would own him, like he does pretty much everyone. We can get the equivalent of whatever line Yakupov will comprise, trust me. They cannot get a D pairing like Subban-Gorges/Markov/Suter??????? jk jk

Old
04-10-2012, 08:47 PM
baldrick

The hockey gods are really,really ticked off with us,should have had Beliveau there. The new GM should hire a witch doctor or something

Old
04-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I would do it too. And like you, I love Subban. We have enough defensive depth to be able to deal Subban. On top, we can pick Murray with our 3rd overall pick.

No we couldn't, obviously #3 would be Galchenyuk.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:49 PM
WakeUpNHL

Subban for EDM 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
If Edmonton was open to trade the #1 pick for a Franchise D Man (Subban maybe) would you do it? The goal obviously would be to land Yakupov AND Galchenyuk, as they seem to have great chemestry together?
Would not surprise me if Habs did the Subban for EDM #1 pick trade. Got the feeling that Subban is not exactly loved in the Habs locker room, especially by the veteran Habs players.

This trade may be a win/win for both sides. EDM get a young NHL proven dynamic dman to play with their elite fowards. Habs get the deadly combo of Yak and Galy.

Old
RoadTotheCup

I would keep my first choice. No need to be hasty and overpay for Edmonton pick and lose some depth for a guy maybe only slightly better. I would prefer drafting somebody like Galchenyuk and keeping Subban than Yakupov alone.

I would go with Galchenyuk or Forsberg as forwards or Murray if I want a potentially packed up defensive core in the near future.

With a young and talented D-core like Subban, Beaulieu, Murray, Gorges, Tinordi, Emelin, Markov(old), Elis and Price in the net we could be potentially Stanley cup contender and a force to be reckoned with for many years. As long as we improve and strengten our forwards in the years to come.

Old
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Not questioning your Subban love, just wondering, do you think Yakupov is THAT good? I think one on one, Subban would own him, like he does pretty much everyone. We can get the equivalent of whatever line Yakupov will comprise, trust me. They cannot get a D pairing like Subban-Gorges/Markov/Suter??????? jk jk
Haha. Imagine 1st AND 3rd pick. Plus if we got the 1st pick we wouldn't have to worry about those dirty Leafs getting the pick!

Old
04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Unagi

Some people need to read more properly I suggested that the Habs trade Subban for Yakupov and with their Pick at No.3 draft Galchenyuk.

So Habs have: Yakupov AND Galchenyuk.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:53 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFan76 View Post
Cole and Plekanec are by no means marginal players. Gionta is arguably a decent top 6 forward. But you have a point for Gomez and Bourque for sure..
Going after Gomez is so lame at this point, but leave it to a bruins fan to Edwards it up. Bourque, while sucky, could turn it around and at worst did actually free up cash. I don't think he's untradeable if it comes down to it, although I think he will become at least somewhat useful. It's still not a bad move. If we had Cammy locked up still, it would be a lot worse. Loved the former Cammy, don't know what the hell has become of this one, but it aint pretty. At least Bourque is good for some levity around here.

"He Bourqued it!" could become a common phrase. It would replace "Rate de justesse".

but again, I just love how he called Cole a marginal player (to say nothing of the worth of Gio and Pleks). Cole on its own. Wow.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Alright guys, since we're getting somewhat close to the post limit, let's take all draft discussions to the draft sticky at the top of the page.