HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 9.0

View Poll Results: Which of these three forwards do you want the Habs to select if available??
Filip Forsberg 54 17.70%
Alex Galchenyuk 138 45.25%
Mikhail Grigorenko 113 37.05%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 08:51 PM
HabsSlappy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
Ive heard discussion on the previous thread that trading subban because he is not well liked or a trouble maker type. I really hope not. I hope his team mates do like him because if they dont that can cause a lot of friction and destabalize the lockeroom.

If he really is a cancer Id trade him. Try and fleece edmonton because they want to win now. They need a defensemen, PK is young and excellent player.

I thought a 1st and perhaps a 2nd for pk or 1st and MPS for PK. Could be PK for just 1st overall but again we can try to fleece them hard with that extra peice that may help us. lol
You find a way to keep PK. Change the room around him if verterans don't like him.

PK is a guy you need if you want to win. As I said before...trade Markov and Plekanec and anyone else who has a problem with him because he is the real deal.

Real team players would recognize that they need PK if they want to win.

If you knew PK was going to become the player he is now and is likely to become, probably a Norris candidate at some point in his career....would you pick him first overall in the draft? Of course you would, now why would you want to trade that kind of player away?

Old
04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH View Post
I don't see CBJ picking Murray... they need to sell tickets and picking a defenceman like Murray doesn't seem like the "sexy" pick they would be looking for. I expect Yakupov and Grigs to go 1-2. What does Timmins do with those two off the board? I'm not crazy about picking defenceman in the top three so I'd go either Galchenyuk or Forsberg but Gally would be my prefered pick.
From all accounts, Gally is TT's pick even if Gringo is still available.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Draft weekend can't come soon enough..

04-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

IMO

1.EDM -Yakupov
2.COL -Murray
3.MTL -Galchenyuk
4.NYI -Grigorenko
5.TOR -Forsberg

Old
04-10-2012, 08:57 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Galchenyuk is our pick, don't worry boys. This changes nothing.
Yeah I don't see how Galchenyuk will be picked in the top 2. He's our boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Technically, they're all gringo's...

Old
04-10-2012, 08:59 PM
JackZap

Trade Nashvilles 2nd to Dallas for Ryder

then Ryder, Weber and 2nd for Yakupov

Old
04-10-2012, 08:59 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Yeah I don't see how Galchenyuk will be picked in the top 2. He's our boy.

Technically, they're all gringo's...
LOL

Darren Pang approves this message

Imagine how eager the NHL.com pun people are for Yakupov to join the league.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Shadyone33

Someone replied to one of my posts and it triggered something that I know will never happen, but imagine this:

We trade Subban for 1st overall pick. With the 1st and 3rd picks it MAY be a selling feature for URFA's. What if Suter comes here knowing he'll be the guaranteed #1 D-man. We get Yakupov and Galchenyuk.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!1

Old
04-10-2012, 09:01 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
IMO

1.EDM -Yakupov
2.COL -Murray
3.MTL -Galchenyuk
4.NYI -Grigorenko
5.TOR -Forsberg
dont worry colorado have the second pick now!

Old
04-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyone33 View Post
I would in a heartbeat and I'm a BIG Subban fan. Flame away.
Clearly you're a bigger fan of Yakupov, and I bet you haven't seen him play all that much.
Subban is one of the best young Dmen of the NHL, he's just 22, and in what many consider a bad year, he scored 36pts and averaged just under 2min more(24:18) than our 2nd most used player of ice time per game. The kid keeps improving.
Trading him for Yakupov would be a colossal mistake. It would be flat out stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I would do it too. And like you, I love Subban. We have enough defensive depth to be able to deal Subban. On top, we can pick Murray with our 3rd overall pick.
Defense was our main problem this year, not sure how you think we have enough depth to deal PK. None of our depth is better than him anyways.
You didn't learn after this season? Unless the point is to fail again, I have no interest starting the year with Diaz-Weber-Emelin, and without PK.
Beaulieu and Tinordi are interesting prospects, but that's all they are for now, prospects. And neither is NHL ready.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Which accounts?

Old
04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
You find a way to keep PK. Change the room around him if verterans don't like him.

PK is a guy you need if you want to win. As I said before...trade Markov and Plekanec and anyone else who has a problem with him because he is the real deal.

Real team players would recognize that they need PK if they want to win.

If you knew PK was going to become the player he is now and is likely to become, probably a Norris candidate at some point in his career....would you pick him first overall in the draft? Of course you would, now why would you want to trade that kind of player away?
I agree whole-heartedly! We haven't had a defenceman like this since Chelios (what did we do with him again?) If PK is rubbing some people the wrong way, here's a suggestion: MANAGE YOUR TEAM!!! Maybe talk to some of them and work it the **** out!
What's with this team? Why can't their coaches coach and their managers manage?? It's been like this for ages (see ROY, Patrick).
I don't think you HAVE to trade anyone. We need a management/coaching team that gets them to work together for the common good. PERIOD

Old
04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Which accounts?
ALL.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:07 PM
mikeysvette
Go Seadogs!

I watched Grigorenko play tonight against the Mooseheads, not too impressed at all! Floated around most of the night, no big drives to the net, nothing of a player that the Habs need. If Galchenyuk can recover from his injury then he can be that big forward that the Habs need, I just hope we get some luck at the draft!

Old
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Steve Shutt

No need to trade up. We're going to be able to get a great prospect at #3 and hold onto our depth of upcoming guys like Beaulieu and Tinordi.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Xss

I'm on the Galchenyuk bandwagon but i'll trust Timmins with whoever he picks.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Clearly you're a bigger fan of Yakupov, and I bet you haven't seen him play all that much.
Subban is one of the best young Dmen of the NHL, he's just 22, and in what many consider a bad year, he scored 36pts and averaged just under 2min more(24:18) than our 2nd most used player of ice time per game. The kid keeps improving.
Trading him for Yakupov would be a colossal mistake. It would be flat out stupid.

Defense was our main problem this year, not sure how you think we have enough depth to deal PK. None of our depth is better than him anyways.
You didn't learn after this season? Unless the point is to fail again, I have no interest starting the year with Diaz-Weber-Emelin, and without PK.
Beaulieu and Tinordi are interesting prospects, but that's all they are for now, prospects. And neither is NHL ready.
I get how good Subban is...I really do, but the 1st and 3rd overall picks would be a lot to pass up. Yakupov is GOOD. I saw the Sting play the following times this year:

11/13 @ Mississauga...He had 3 points and looked pretty good to me.
02/17 @ Guelph...No points -1 but was dangerous quite a few times.
02/25 @ Sarnia...3 points and looked good.

I actually catch about a dozen OHL games a year as it's far cheaper than the ACC!

EDIT: I'll also add regarding Subban, I really like the fact that he's settled down a little and doesn't try to carry the puck quite as much.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:13 PM
ReppingMTL

1)Trade Plek + Beaulieu/Tinordi+ 2013 first for Rick Nash and 2012 first

2) Trade Rick Nash to Anaheim for Bobboy Ryan and 6th

End up losing Plek, 2013 first, Beaulieu/Tinordi
Get 1st, 5th, Ryan with our 3rd
Sign Suter

2012-2013
Patches-Deharnais-Cole
Yakupov-Galchenyuk-Ryan
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Staubz-White-Blunden

Subban-Murray
Markov-Suter
Georges-Emelin

Then I woke up......a man can dream. But that is the definition of the new GM going ham.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:15 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
No need to trade up. We're going to be able to get a great prospect at #3 and hold onto our depth of upcoming guys like Beaulieu and Tinordi.
what I've been saying. We are in a great position IMO. It's really Timmins' expertise that will get us the right one of Grigo/Galchenyuk/Forsberg. Might only have the choice of two however, but I think either of the three makes us better and tbh, now that this hoopla is all over with, I realize I'm still most excited about the guys we've already drafted.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
snakeye

Uh guys, a star defenseman >>>>>>>> a star forward. Trading Subban for a first? Oh God...

Old
04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Mikhaïl Grigorenko
‏ @grigo_25
Cant wait to be drafted and maybe play for Roy again #NHLDraft

https://twitter.com/#!/grigo_25/stat...99500591120384

LOL

Old
04-10-2012, 09:23 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

lol anyone watching RDS's antichambre? Wow what a bunch of retards

p.s. totally unrelated to the draft though, sorry :p

Old
04-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 444
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Mikhaïl Grigorenko
‏ @grigo_25
Cant wait to be drafted and maybe play for Roy again #NHLDraft

https://twitter.com/#!/grigo_25/stat...99500591120384

LOL
I really like him.

I also like how he can make some joke about an actual rumor. That tweet should probably destroy the Internet.

EDIT: Already deleted.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:27 PM
VL55

Didn't Galchenyuk get basically the same injury as Markov? Why is everyone giving him a free pass on it?

I'm fine with whoever Timmins picks, including Murray. No forward we draft is going to make a huge offensive impact next year anyway. Yakupov, as good as he is, did not post the kind of numbers this year that in the OHL that suggests he could score 50+ points in the NHL next year. Odds are Gallagher would post better number than Yakupov if they both play in the NHL next year. Same with all other forwards. No Sidney Crosby in this draft.

So nevermind our needs right now. Draft BPA. If they think it's Murray, so be it. If we have genuinely too many good D (that remains to be seen!) we will trade. That's how the pens got Neal.

---

Anyone wonder what are the odds of getting 3 consecutive first pick overall at the draft if you finnish 30th, 30th and 29th like the oilers did?

It's 4.37% (48.20% X 48.20% X 18.80% = 4.37%)

Old
04-10-2012, 09:28 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysvette View Post
I watched Grigorenko play tonight against the Mooseheads, not too impressed at all! Floated around most of the night, no big drives to the net, nothing of a player that the Habs need. If Galchenyuk can recover from his injury then he can be that big forward that the Habs need, I just hope we get some luck at the draft!
Reading posts like this scares the hell out of me in regards to drafting Grigorenko.. Thing is if Roy is the coach or GM he will want his guy for sure.. I think I'd rather one of Galchenyuk, Forsberg or Murray at this point.. I really hope the Habs get this pick right.

Closed Thread