HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Series Talk - WCQF - #4 Nashville Predators 4 vs #5 Detroit Red Wings 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2012, 06:48 PM
  #201
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
As the official driver of the Preds bandwagon, I'm afraid I have to veto this proposal.
You can veto the proposal? What if Preds fans REALLY want Corey Perry force choked? Ok, I admit, I'd do it for free.

If the Habs get the 1st pick, do you refuse to drive as some sort of protest? Because if so, I can use the force to lift the bandwagon up and make it fly. Which is far more impressive

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 08:32 PM
  #202
predseth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
I have a few (2-4) extra playoff tickets for tomorrow night's sold out game that are on the aisle (331 M) available for face value ($40 a piece). Paypal/email only. Preds fans only! #keepoutthered

predseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 08:40 PM
  #203
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I don't think I could take it if this series is lost. I desperately need SOMETHING hockey-related to go right this year.

Please, Smashville. Don't fail me now.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:24 PM
  #204
ChesterCopperpot1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Gentlemen....we are less than 22 hours away from the Preds and wings

ChesterCopperpot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:34 PM
  #205
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
The only good wings are eaten with a fork, dipped in ranch, and covered in a sauce.


(Original joke)

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:43 PM
  #206
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,141
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
In case it hasn't been posted yet, there are sponsors lined up and shirts already printed for the first 3 home games of the playoffs. It will be a "Gold Out" every game with t-shirts on every seat as you walk into the arena.

Still have photos I took last year of the arena all decked out in gold prior to the game. It is quite the sight if you get there early enough!
Have we ever won a gold out game?? I was thinking we did it for vancouver last year and we lost

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:45 PM
  #207
coviner
Registered User
 
coviner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Have we ever won a gold out game?? I was thinking we did it for vancouver last year and we lost
Wasn't Game 6 against Anaheim last year one?

coviner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:51 PM
  #208
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,527
vCash: 500
game 6 wasn't a gold out.. we got gold rally towels, I do believe. we did win at least 1 gold out against anaheim

games 3 & 4 against vancouver were gold outs... 0 wins, 2 losses


Last edited by NoNecksCurse: 04-10-2012 at 10:03 PM.
NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:07 PM
  #209
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,783
vCash: 500
As a former resident of Windsor, Ontario (which is next to Detroit), I really hope we smash the Wings. I've been getting chirped all week from "fans" that bandwagon Detroit because of their years of success. The same fans that will ditch the team if they start performing poorly. Likewise, they don't think much of the Preds because ya know, they're not the Red Wings.

Smash them boys - smash them. My heart's racing thinking about the series.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
  #210
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Finally got a little disrespect. TSN's panel all picked the Wings to win. Supposedly a close call but the big, bad, more experienced Wings got the nod.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:47 PM
  #211
coviner
Registered User
 
coviner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
game 6 wasn't a gold out.. we got gold rally towels, I do believe. we did win at least 1 gold out against anaheim

games 3 & 4 against vancouver were gold outs... 0 wins, 2 losses
Gotcha, I thought there was one in the Anaheim series, thanks for confirming.

coviner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:48 PM
  #212
coviner
Registered User
 
coviner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Finally got a little disrespect. TSN's panel all picked the Wings to win. Supposedly a close call but the big, bad, more experienced Wings got the nod.
Hell, what do Canadians know about hockey anyway?

coviner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:02 PM
  #213
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
As a former resident of Windsor, Ontario (which is next to Detroit), I really hope we smash the Wings. I've been getting chirped all week from "fans" that bandwagon Detroit because of their years of success. The same fans that will ditch the team if they start performing poorly. Likewise, they don't think much of the Preds because ya know, they're not the Red Wings.

Smash them boys - smash them. My heart's racing thinking about the series.
My thoughts exactly. Living less than an hour from the border, there are loads of wings fans around these parts. Starting to get on my nerves big time especially as the playoffs are here so the jerseys are out in full force.

How badly will I get beaten up if I bring a train whistle to the first away game in detroit? I feel the need to complete the set with my Tootoo jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coviner View Post
Hell, what do Canadians know about hockey anyway?
Ah, hem.


Last edited by Everlong: 04-10-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:05 PM
  #214
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by coviner View Post
Hell, what do Canadians know about hockey anyway?



Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:25 PM
  #215
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Finally got a little disrespect. TSN's panel all picked the Wings to win. Supposedly a close call but the big, bad, more experienced Wings got the nod.
Good. It makes me feel weird having all the analysts pick us...but then I call them jerks if they don't!

Getting pumped about the game...it's getting cloooose!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:38 PM
  #216
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,537
vCash: 500
I prefer to be the underdog to be honest. Less pressure. Even though I think the preds are a better team overall.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 06:48 AM
  #217
thomas magnum
Registered User
 
thomas magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Don't know if anyone saw it but on the NHL channel they did a Western Conference playoff preview. Bob Mckenzie talked to coaches who were out of the playoffs and asked them questions about the playoff teams. They voted the Preds to be the team most likely to face the Canucks in the Western Conference finals.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:23 AM
  #218
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Don't know if anyone saw it but on the NHL channel they did a Western Conference playoff preview. Bob Mckenzie talked to coaches who were out of the playoffs and asked them questions about the playoff teams. They voted the Preds to be the team most likely to face the Canucks in the Western Conference finals.
Waitasec. So TSN analysts all think that Nashville will make it to the WCF... but also that Detroit will beat Nashville?



****ing playoff matchups, how do they work?

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:37 AM
  #219
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Waitasec. So TSN analysts all think that Nashville will make it to the WCF... but also that Detroit will beat Nashville?



****ing playoff matchups, how do they work?
Haha it was the NHL coaches of teams out of the play offs interviewed by McKenzie the majority of whom thought Nashville will make it to the WCF. The TSN analysts picked Detroit in the first round.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:38 AM
  #220
thomas magnum
Registered User
 
thomas magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Waitasec. So TSN analysts all think that Nashville will make it to the WCF... but also that Detroit will beat Nashville?



****ing playoff matchups, how do they work?
No it's the COACHES who were out of the playoffs. Not the analysts.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:05 AM
  #221
DarkReign
Registered User
 
DarkReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
How badly will I get beaten up if I bring a train whistle to the first away game in detroit? I feel the need to complete the set with my Tootoo jersey.
You wouldnt get beat, but I can guarantee you wouldnt have possession of your whistle for very long. Especially if your seats are upper bowl. Good luck with that.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
  #222
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
You wouldnt get beat, but I can guarantee you wouldnt have possession of your whistle for very long. Especially if your seats are upper bowl. Good luck with that.
Want me to come along. A guy who is a Trotzian look alike, with Anger issues in need of 'Catharsis' might come in handy. Also I'm closer to Detroit than Nashville.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
  #223
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
The only good wings are eaten with a fork, dipped in ranch, and covered in a sauce.


(Original joke)
Fork? FORK? What the hell kind of Wing eatter are you? BARE HANDS so you can strangle the heat pout of the wings.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:45 AM
  #224
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Fork? FORK? What the hell kind of Wing eatter are you? BARE HANDS so you can strangle the heat pout of the wings.
I had boneless "wings" on my mind haha but I'll agree that traditional ones are the only real wings. Boneless are basically nuggets.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:54 AM
  #225
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I had boneless "wings" on my mind haha but I'll agree that traditional ones are the only real wings. Boneless are basically nuggets.
Well, that makes sense if you think about Bertuzzi, boneless......spineless....

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.