HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Benoit Pouliot: "happy to be out of there"

Old
04-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
You can say this all you want. Find me any other team in the league that gets such negative crap said about them by ex players as much as the Habs.

It's clear as day...the Habs have not been run properly and have pissed off a lot of people. What Pouillot, Cammy, Spacek, etc. said is not suprising.
Maybe I missed something but what did they say about the organisation exactly?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I know it's off topic but, Cam Neely and the word legend don't go together...
Legend is a completely relative and dependant term.

Why any Bruin would be a legend to a Habs fan or vice-versa seems fairly unthinkable.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

Haha! Funny that the tight Bruins dressing room have been anonymously badmouthing their goalie about his whitehouse snub since it happened. Also funny that Pouliot wasn't a good fit in Minnesota Wild dressing room.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Haha! Funny that the tight Bruins dressing room have been anonymously badmouthing their goalie about his whitehouse snub since it happened. Also funny that Pouliot wasn't a good fit in Minnesota Wild dressing room.
Link?

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Edit: I'll just leave the Cam Neely stuff out of this.

And I'll reiterate what I said earlier... I'm glad we've decided to make change. That in itself is a good move. Hopefully it's GOOD change.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
Link?
I've heard Eric Francis of Calgary Sun on radio say that individual players have griped about it to him.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I've heard Eric Francis of Calgary Sun on radio say that individual players have griped about it to him.
That's kind of different than "anonymously badmouthing him", don't you think?

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I know it's off topic but, Cam Neely and the word legend don't go together...
One of the most overrated players ever.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
That's kind of different than "anonymously badmouthing him", don't you think?
Not really. He didn't identify any of the players. That sounds rather anonymous to me (from a fan/follower's perspective) and his teammates are not singing his praises when they're discussing this with media. Anyway, tomato-tom(aw)to....my point is that things aren't exactly perfectly harmonious in Bruins dressing room.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:34 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
You can say this all you want. Find me any other team in the league that gets such negative crap said about them by ex players as much as the Habs.

It's clear as day...the Habs have not been run properly and have pissed off a lot of people. What Pouillot, Cammy, Spacek, etc. said is not suprising.
yes, things have been crazy around the team for awhile (but actually not THAT long).

Find me another team whose media seek out former players of the cultural background controversially linked with political interests to the team and said media to such a ridiculous degree.

Things have also been good here. We've had some great times in the last few years, and we have more to come.

Spacek - loved the team, hated the French controversy (that's the media, not the team)

Lats - was perhaps sort of right about Carbo communication, but it was also his fault he didn't do a lot of things he does now that he's not the heir to the city

Laps - hasn't said anything too rotten, was disgruntled about ice time, fair enough

Ribs - total loser (and I really liked him when he was here before the end). The whole selfishness thing actually makes me forgive the Ninimaafication of the deal. Guy had to be shipped out ASAP and I gather Dallas feels the same

Boullion - don't think he really said anything too horrible, just that coming to the rink is easier in NSH. You think he wouldn't jump at the chance to wear the CH again?

The point is these guys all had people not only willing to listen, but seeking them out to elicit negativity and turn it into hyperbolic vitriol. Things aren't even that bad with this team. We ourselves make it out to be worse + the media and it's a constant feedback loop. I actually can't envision L'antichambre or JdM with the Habs playing great. I remember the Gazette articles when we were playing the Pens. So much awesomeness. Wasn't that long ago. The way I see it, with the Habs, there's so much reason to expect good things given the attitudes of the young core we have. Imagine if you're a Leaf fan after this season. Even drafting Yakupov and signing Nash...deep down you know you're missing the playoffs somehow.

I personally don't think Gauthier's moves were horrific. In fact I'm thankful for many of them. They will bear fruit in the near future, but he won't be credited (same with Gainey). That being said, I do agree that the way he handled things wasn't at the level expected of the Montreal Canadiens GM. He's gone, we're apparently looking for someone perfect, so reason to be happy. FTR, players during Gainey's tenure, if they had a problem, it was with Carbo, not Gainey.

The one thing that I heard in the last few days that made me very positive was how positive Carey was about this team and the direction he thinks it's headed. He probably has the best idea about all this AND if there's one person who should hate everything about this god-awful season, it's him.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyjack View Post
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/338336.html

Basically he is saying, I saw this (the bad season) coming from a mile away, and I'm glad I'm out of there. I like the guys in Montreal but the locker room atmosphere is a lot better (Note: isn't it obvious from a Stanley Cup Champs team....?). The attitude, game preparation are also quite different from Montreal.

I will make two comments about this. One: a guy with a 32 points season should **** when he does 2 points more than here. Second, I'm worried since this comment mirrors a little what Cammy said. I feel like there is a real problem at the heart of this team right now
I'm damned happy he plays for us. He's a great player .... it amazes me the pressures in Montreal and how so many players under perform and then say they were glad to get out of there. I think things should calm down there by the press mainly and let the boys play hockey. Who the hell wants to have 2 assists and then be grilled post game in the lockroom as to why they can't score goals???? Things like that happen and it's shameful, honestly a proud Montreal fanbase like that shouldn't put up with this any longer.

This goes back to so many great players "leaving" Montreal. Patrick Roy comes to mind ... one of the greatest tenders the league has seen and he was disrespected and he told them he was all done and left. Why does that stuff always seem to happen there?

Ryder was so awesome for us too .... I was so sad to see him go to Dallas.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I'm damned happy he plays for us. He's a great player .... it amazes me the pressures in Montreal and how so many players under perform and then say they were glad to get out of there.

Ryder didn't underpeform. He lead the team in scoring. If he underperformed here you guys wouldn't have given him 4 mil per.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:10 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
I'm damned happy he plays for us. He's a great player .... it amazes me the pressures in Montreal and how so many players under perform and then say they were glad to get out of there.

Thanks for coming to our board to tell us your important thoughts on this issue just what we were looking for

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I'm damned happy he plays for us. He's a great player .... it amazes me the pressures in Montreal and how so many players under perform and then say they were glad to get out of there. I think things should calm down there by the press mainly and let the boys play hockey. Who the hell wants to have 2 assists and then be grilled post game in the lockroom as to why they can't score goals???? Things like that happen and it's shameful, honestly a proud Montreal fanbase like that shouldn't put up with this any longer.

This goes back to so many great players "leaving" Montreal. Patrick Roy comes to mind ... one of the greatest tenders the league has seen and he was disrespected and he told them he was all done and left. Why does that stuff always seem to happen there?

Of course you love Pouliot. If it wasn't for him you would have lost in the first round last year.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:13 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Thanks for coming to our board to tell us your important thoughts on this issue just what we were looking for
Not like the guy was impolite. I think Boston fans get a much different image because they believe the crap the media here says such as subban stuff but the guy is just stating an opinion, he's allowed.

It's not like the media is kind here. He's right. A lot of pressure here. I may disagree with some elements of his argument but he's not entirely wrong.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
habtastic

Quote:

I agree, the media sucks here, I really think it hurts the team, BUT when it gets good...

In Boston, if the bruins suck and when they did...nobody cared

Now that they're a good team, there's nothing bad to report...well...aside from your tea party darling.

Ryder was flying paper planes before he signed with you, so really he just wasn't playing well at the time. You guys got him to play well and with a coach he liked.

Like you said, it's shameful to be all over players like that, but honestly, we care a lottttt about the Habs so are you really that surprised? We don't have 4 other teams to distribute our hearts to (yeah the Als and now the Impact have fans, but nothing close to the Habs).

You should see how the city and the media laud the players when we beat Boston. I wouldn't give that up. It'll happen again, don't miss it.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not like the guy was impolite. I think Boston fans get a much different image because they believe the crap the media here says such as subban stuff but the guy is just stating an opinion, he's allowed.

It's not like the media is kind here. He's right. A lot of pressure here. I may disagree with some elements of his argument but he's not entirely wrong.
I have no problem with his post now, he edited it and it sounds much better , maybe i took it the wrong way but i thought he was coming off sarcastic before the edited post... also im very tired so that could be playing a factor haha

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Kjell Dahlin

It would not be wise to completely dismiss his comments: there was (is) a clear lack of leadership, from top to bottom, in this organisation.

That being mentioned, Pouliot is somewhat of a head case.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:20 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
I have no problem with his post now, he edited it and it sounds much better , maybe i took it the wrong way but i thought he was coming off sarcastic before the edited post... also im very tired so that could be playing a factor haha
NP. With all the crap from rival fanbases, if someone actually comes on here and wants to talk hockey in a polite way then i'll welcome it.

Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon in this case?

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 04-10-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old
04-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I agree, the media sucks here, I really think it hurts the team, BUT when it gets good...

In Boston, if the bruins suck and when they did...nobody cared

Now that they're a good team, there's nothing bad to report...well...aside from your tea party darling.

Ryder was flying paper planes before he signed with you, so really he just wasn't playing well at the time. You guys got him to play well and with a coach he liked.

Like you said, it's shameful to be all over players like that, but honestly, we care a lottttt about the Habs so are you really that surprised? We don't have 4 other teams to distribute our hearts to (yeah the Als and now the Impact have fans, but nothing close to the Habs).

You should see how the city and the media laud the players when we beat Boston. I wouldn't give that up. It'll happen again, don't miss it.

I remember some of your fans burned cars and trashed store shops beating us .... in the first round.

Look seriously you can't claim that Boston's coach got Ryder to play well .... because he played just as well in Dallas this year and if he had not had all that pressure in Montreal would have played well there as well.

it is just my opinion, I'm no expert but it seems many players who were good before going to Montreal suck once there and after players leave they turn into great players. .... just saying what I see.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:24 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Easy to say that things are better in a team that is winning. He was not exactly helping the cause with the Habs as he never produced and was a liability most of the time.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
I remember some of your fans burned cars and trashed store shops beating us .... in the first round.

Look seriously you can't claim that Boston's coach got Ryder to play well .... because he played just as well in Dallas this year and if he had not had all that pressure in Montreal would have played well there as well.

it is just my opinion, I'm no expert but it seems many players who were good before going to Montreal suck once there and after players leave they turn into great players. .... just saying what I see.
So what about Cole? Just saying what I see.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

"When people call you a crackwhore for 20 years, you're a crackwhore" - Katt Williams

It's not the first time we hear this, the management group REALLY had to go.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:27 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

Many people are retarded. Riots have happened in boston as well.

As for Ryder, like I said, he had some of his best years in montreal so not sure how it applies.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Legend is a completely relative and dependant term.

Why any Bruin would be a legend to a Habs fan or vice-versa seems fairly unthinkable.
I'm pretty sure any Habs fan would admit Orr and Bourque were legends.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote