HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 9.0

View Poll Results: Which of these three forwards do you want the Habs to select if available??
Filip Forsberg 54 17.70%
Alex Galchenyuk 138 45.25%
Mikhail Grigorenko 113 37.05%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Physical HABuse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
I was listening to Roy on CHRC 800 and he was saying that Grigo seems tired overall. It's no excuse, but he's pretty young, let's not forget that. Before I get grilled about MacKinnon outperforming him while younger...it's not uncommon for a smaller player to be more adult energy wise than a bigger / taller player and Nathan is a very special player. That being said, MacKinnon really sunk his team during the 2nd game, bad giveaways in important moments.
I hear this and it becomes frustrating trying to predict whether Grigs is a floater or whether he's truly burnt out likely playing twice as many games as he's used to, as well as participating in all-star games, and world championships. Maybe next year his conditioning improves and he doesn't tail off like he did this year towards the end.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
K19*

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk
3. Grigorenko
4. Murray
5. Forsberg

Triple stamp it, that's how it's going down.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
If i was habs GM, I would like to make a trade for Hall...

Habs 1st pick + ????
Patches is a better player, and will continue to be. I'm not saying this as a Habs homer, but Hall has never impressed me for all the hype he had. That kid is a trainwreck out there.

Commence the bashing.... I'm ready. I'd draft the dman if available.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk
3. Grigorenko
4. Murray
5. Forsberg

Not sure they'll be picked that way but I'd probably rank them that way if I had a draft list.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
lmao really?!?!?! Subban's 30ish points were awesome this season...
Right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyone33 View Post
I'm aware of that. Everyone has their own opinion. I think that trading a D-man for the 1st overall pick is a good return. Especially considering that the potential 1st and 3rd pick played with each other in Junior.

Anyway, it won't happen so let's just end it. I enjoy reading your posts sometimes but your attitude is a bit much. There are always people that are going to have different view points, and I find that you either assume that whoever doesn't agree with you doesn't know what they're talking about or their opinions are just ridiculous...You should walk away from the keyboard for a few minutes before you post sometimes!
I'm sorry if I offended you.
If don't want me to belittle your opinion, maybe you shouldn't say ''passing up the 1st+3rd would be too difficult'' when you know that we wouldn't be doing that. Stick to the actual facts. It would be trading Subban for the 1st, that's it. Saying it's 1st+3rd for PK is misleading, and you know it's not true. So why present it as so?

And it's not just trading a Dman for a 1st overall. Raphael Diaz is a Dman. Hal Gill is a Dman. Gorges is a Dman. PK Subban is a superstar in the making. He's a stud D. Not just your regular Dman.
Yakupov is not the next Crosby either. You'd have more arguments on your side if you were talking about Nathan MacKinnon, but you're not. You also still haven't presented any argument as to how Yakupov is actually worth PK. Subban, and that him on our team would make us better than with PK.

You also said you'd do it in a heartbeat, as if it's a no-brainer type of move, which is quite troubling actually. Yakupov is not pegged to be that good. Not sure what you're expecting to be, but clearly, you think he'll become much better than what I think.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I don't want to have another lazy russian on our team.

That's why i'm scared about Grigorenko. We CAN'T be wrong, espicially this year.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I don't want to have another lazy russian on our team.

That's why i'm scared about Grigorenko. We CAN'T be wrong, espicially this year.
What about we get a soft as butter quebecois instead, who hides behind a visor ? Would it be better ??

Stupid stereotypes.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
What about we get a soft as butter quebecois instead, who hides behind a visor ? Would it be better ??

Stupid stereotypes.
Nope. Don't want a Kovalev or another Kostitsyn when we are drafting at the third spot.

Give me Galchenyuk.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:20 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Nope. Don't want a Kovalev or another Kostitsyn when we are drafting at the third spot.

Give me Galchenyuk.
Glady

Old
04-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Habruti!

I do not know who will be our choice nor do I care if it will be one of Grigorenko, Gally or Forsberg or Murray. Hopefully they go with the BPA. I just hope no matter who is picked that we leave him one more year in the Juniors to fulfill is full potential with the exception of perhaps Murray or Yakupov who are older guys by few months. It is important to properly develop this important piece of the puzzle.

This teams needs a solution that does not rely on this poor kid being drafted and for that reason I whish we will make some important changes. I believe the changes to be made will influence the seaon much more then our draft selection and who we pick.

In order to create a better environment for our young players coming in I would be tempted to do the following move which should increase or potential and make us a tougher team to play against.

1. Put the right management team in place... who ever it is.
2. Get rid of Gomez
3. Sign a Depth Dmen with Size. I would like a guy like Carkner, he is UFA next year, big Right handed DMEN who can fight, He could be a good partner to ease Tinnordi in the Lineup. It would give us a Decent defence with a bit more size without costing an arm and a leg IMO:
Markov, Georges
Emelin, Subban
Tinnordi/St-Denis, Carkner
Diaz/Webber

4. Draft the BPA (I do think it will end up being Grigorenko)

5. Sign a top 6 forward, perhaps a guy like Parise would do the trick. This would provide us with the following top 9 forwards:
Pacioretty, Desharnais, Leblanc
Parise, Plekaneks, Cole <---- trade plekky or Desharnais once Grigorenko is ready
Bourque, Eller, Gionta

6. Re-tool the 4th line.

This insures we spend enough time to develop the guy we will pick

Old
04-10-2012, 10:24 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk
3. Grigorenko
4. Murray
5. Forsberg

I want the 4 forwards to go right away. That way the Leafs have to take another D.

Old
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Mikhaïl Grigorenko @grigo_25
Ok everyone this is a fake account and be deleted in a few minutes #sorry

Mistery solved.

Old
Captain Saku

The BPA at #3 will be Murray, so prepare yourself psychologically!

Btw, when is the draft?

Old
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Double post.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post

Mistery solved.
Haha

Old
04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I really think the fake was one of his teammates though...

Old
04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
shutehinside

Good news is that we'll draft a franchise center whether it be Grigs or Galchenyuk we should be ecstatic for either one.

This will lead to a more important question of if either one is ready to play for the Hans next year, who do we trade to make room? I'd say do we start to take offers for Plex and bring in a Scoring winger or a top end defender to add more depth to our lime up? I'm more concerned over this than Gal or Grigs.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Right...

I'm sorry if I offended you.
If don't want me to belittle your opinion, maybe you shouldn't say ''passing up the 1st+3rd would be too difficult'' when you know that we wouldn't be doing that. Stick to the actual facts. It would be trading Subban for the 1st, that's it. Saying it's 1st+3rd for PK is misleading, and you know it's not true. So why present it as so?

And it's not just trading a Dman for a 1st overall. Raphael Diaz is a Dman. Hal Gill is a Dman. Gorges is a Dman. PK Subban is a superstar in the making. He's a stud D. Not just your regular Dman.
Yakupov is not the next Crosby either. You'd have more arguments on your side if you were talking about Nathan MacKinnon, but you're not. You also still haven't presented any argument as to how Yakupov is actually worth PK. Subban, and that him on our team would make us better than with PK.

You also said you'd do it in a heartbeat, as if it's a no-brainer type of move, which is quite troubling actually. Yakupov is not pegged to be that good. Not sure what you're expecting to be, but clearly, you think he'll become much better than what I think.
Good God. Go back to post 33. You know what...here it is.

Someone replied to one of my posts and it triggered something that I know will never happen, but imagine this:

We trade Subban for 1st overall pick. With the 1st and 3rd picks it MAY be a selling feature for URFA's. What if Suter comes here knowing he'll be the guaranteed #1 D-man. We get Yakupov and Galchenyuk.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see where I said that we'd be trading for 2 picks. I know the Habs have the 3rd pick already. Fact is that I posted the above and you're trying to grab any nugget to tear apart what I'm saying.

I mean, if you want add "a chance at" between up and the and you get what I mean. You're really grasping at straw man.

At first you assumed I knew nothing about Yakupov until I mentioned that I'd seen him play, and also it wasn't just the 3 times I mentioned. Then you assume to know my intent when I "presented" something that I never actually presented...Then you are arguing symmantics over the wording of one sentence when I stated it the proper way earlier.

Really?

Last edited by Shadyone33: 04-10-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old
04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Patches is a better player, and will continue to be. I'm not saying this as a Habs homer, but Hall has never impressed me for all the hype he had. That kid is a trainwreck out there.

Commence the bashing.... I'm ready. I'd draft the dman if available.
I agree with you about Hall. Hes a great player, but I don't think he is what the Habs would want for the price that they would have to pay.

I like Galchenyuk but if Timmins picks Murray then I trust his judgement. Murray could be a elite defensemen. With Murray the d-core could be looking awsome in around 3 or 4 years. Maybe sooner. The downside is that this would mean the Habs would have to fill some major holes at forward through future drafts, trades or ufas...

Old
04-10-2012, 10:32 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post

Stupid stereotypes.
How is it a stereotype? The knock on Grigorenko is that he's lazy.

I'm sure the poster would have loved to have Yakupov.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
I agree with you about Hall. Hes a great player, but I don't think he is what the Habs would want for the price that they would have to pay.

I like Galchenyuk but if Timmins picks Murray then I trust his judgement. Murray could be a elite defensemen. With Murray the d-core could be looking awsome in around 3 or 4 years. Maybe sooner. The downside is that this would mean the Habs would have to fill some major holes at forward through future drafts, trades or ufas...
Maybe you pick the kid that can be a #1 defenceman because you have an unlikely 3rd overall pick, and draft forwards with the two 2nd round picks and four picks in the Top 60 next season.

I'll find a positive with any situation in this draft. It really is difficult to go wrong here, unless the Habs completely reach with a Trouba or Reinhart.

Old
Artie

we really should start arguing about who to take at #33 and with the NSH pick

Old
coolasprICE

In Timmins I Trust

Top 3 pick and the decision comes from one of the best scouts in the NHL.. I like our odds

Old
04-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
How is it a stereotype? The knock on Grigorenko is that he's lazy.

I'm sure the poster would have loved to have Yakupov.
Being the poster, i answer yes!

Old
04-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post

Mistery solved.
Unless he pretends as if it's a fake account so that it makes it look as if it wasn't him.....

Closed Thread