HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Tom Preissing & J.M Liles

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 12:07 PM
slyc

vCash: 500
Tom Preissing & J.M Liles

Guys, what do you know about these two offensive-minded rookies? They are coming from nowhere but it seems like John-Micheal Liles is in front of Skoula right now and Preissing is the reason why Jim Fahey is back in the minor. Are they that good?

Old
11-18-2003, 03:59 PM
Foppa

Hmmm...I would have to look up the stats...but I am not so sure yet that Liles is getting more ice time than Skoula just yet. Or maybe he is and we just notice Skoula more because he is always making a bonehead play.

Liles is small (like any college kid going straight to the NHL, he needs to build up strength) but he's got a great shot and should become an excellent PP man someday. His duties right now are still fairly limited and he certainly hasn't set the ice on fire...but for a young defenseman, the fact that you don't notice him a ton just yet means he's also not making many mistakes. He is very fundamentally sound defensively despite his stature and plays with twice as much physical presence as the much bigger and stronger Skoula.

Think a poor-man's Brian Rafalski. He'll probably never put up stats that good and like Rafalski, he's not going to out-muscle many guys. But he's a good two-way package stuffed into a smaller than normal frame.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

After seeing preissing in college, and playing on my brother's team, he is very offensive, and set college records last year for defencemen. He's pretty good defensively and i was surprised he made the sharks this year, but ive watched every game and he has not looked out of place at all!!! Him, Davidson, Erhoff, Fahey will continue to be the 5,6,7 guys, so far i think tom has been the best out of all of them, and has put up soem pretty good numbers already ona ****** sj sharks club.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:32 PM
SJSharksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan
After seeing preissing in college, and playing on my brother's team, he is very offensive, and set college records last year for defencemen. He's pretty good defensively and i was surprised he made the sharks this year, but ive watched every game and he has not looked out of place at all!!! Him, Davidson, Erhoff, Fahey will continue to be the 5,6,7 guys, so far i think tom has been the best out of all of them, and has put up soem pretty good numbers already ona ****** sj sharks club.
We get the fact that the Sharks suck, you don't have to use offensive words to get your point across as you've done so already on the Sharks board.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:33 PM
SJSharksFan

You also must be pretty blinded with your love affair for Preissing because right now, he's behind Davidson on the Sharks DF and about even with Erhoff.

Old
11-19-2003, 09:53 AM
slyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharksFan
You also must be pretty blinded with your love affair for Preissing because right now, he's behind Davidson on the Sharks DF and about even with Erhoff.
Well Erhoff is in the minor.

Old
11-19-2003, 10:11 AM
SJSharksFan

Look again. Ehrhoff played last night against the Rangers.

Old
11-19-2003, 01:01 PM
slyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharksFan
Look again. Ehrhoff played last night against the Rangers.
Oh! really. Thanks for the info. I have that guy in my keeper league and I want to see what he can do

Closed Thread