HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This Sorry Season

Old
04-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Schennanigans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Do you always make comments about something you have never read?
This was simply in reference to someone saying where have I been it's been in the sun. I was only pointing out I never read that paper.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:29 AM
robdicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
lol, Cox drowning in his misery. The Leafs owe him of all people absolutely nothing, if he can't handle a rebuilding team losing he needs to tune out or jump ship completely. Preferably the latter.
what are you talking about? The entire article was about how he doesn't get what MLSE is apologizing for.

Quote:
Still, sorry for what? Not winning enough NHL games this season? Well, presumably another 28 teams will soon be issuing similar apologies, for only one will actually have won enough games when its all over.
this means that he feels that it is unnecessary to apologize for failure on the ice because only one team wins every year. Doesn't seem like he feels like he's owed anything.

Quote:
Are the Leafs saying they didn't try, or that there was some kind of mole buried deep in the organization who sabotaged their best intentions? Were there laws broken, innocents abused or victimized?

This once again, suggests that the Leafs probably don't need to be apologizing considering they probably all did the best in their power to ensure the Leafs' success.

He says in the end that Tanenbaum should refund ticket prices 25% or something, but that's mostly tongue in cheek because the team would never do that, and really why would they? The most the fans can expect is that everyone is trying their best to put a winning product on the ice. To the best of my knowledge it seems like that is the case. Unfortunately this is just taking a lot longer than everyone had hoped for.

robdicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Is Damien Cox even a leafs fan? Just asking.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:37 AM
robdicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
Is Damien Cox even a leafs fan? Just asking.
I think he would prefer the leafs to be winning, but in reality I think he is just a reporter with a job to do. I don't really want columnists to be leafs fans to be honest.

robdicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Happy Fan
nifty

third sentence, third eye roll. so sick of this guy, how do we find new writers for this paper?

Happy Fan is offline   Reply With Quote