HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Draft Entry Thread V8.0 - Wanted: Galchenyuk?

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 01:50 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorriPage View Post
Where do people think Sebastian Collberg is going to go in the draft? Could Burke get him with his second round pick? I'm growing to like this kid more and more with every new thing I read about him and every video I watch. Might be the best pure goal scorer in the draft.
He'll probably go between 10th and 20th overall. No chance of getting him with our 2nd.

Old
04-11-2012, 01:54 AM
MorriPage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
He'll probably go between 10th and 20th overall. No chance of getting him with our 2nd.
Damn, that's too bad. I'd have liked the Leafs to draft one of Galchenyuk or Forsberg and then for Burke to try and figure out a way to put together a package to draft this kid. I really like what I see from him.

Old
04-11-2012, 01:55 AM
leafobserver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
McG, in my opinion, is gonna be a STEAL. Galy is injury prone and you know what happens when you take a big gamble on a player like that.
Steals aren't typically ranked top 3.

Galy will be fine. The kid is 17 and apparently a gym rat.

Fun Fact: In 2008, Tom Brady tore his ACL and MCL and missed the entire season...at age 31. He's done OK since he returned.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:09 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorriPage View Post
Where do people think Sebastian Collberg is going to go in the draft? Could Burke get him with his second round pick? I'm growing to like this kid more and more with every new thing I read about him and every video I watch. Might be the best pure goal scorer in the draft.
Don't think so.

He'll probaley pick between 10-20.

One of the guys I've got a keen eye on with the 36th pick(provided we keep it) is Damom Severson from the Kelowna rockets.

Kelowna is defensemenn factory, He might the next out.
http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/850

Old
04-11-2012, 02:14 AM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

I'd like a look at Samuelsson with the second or third round pick

Old
04-11-2012, 02:17 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Hoping for a forward, but man Ryan Murray would be something.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:22 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Remember that time when people were calling Cowan injury prone? Good times.

2 injuries = made of glass

Old
04-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

I will post once a week on this, but I still maintain that I hope Galchenyuk is available at 5th, we take him, and we make a trade to get a first rounder to draft Subban.

Don't really care about what goes after that.

Old
04-11-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
I will post once a week on this, but I still maintain that I hope Galchenyuk is available at 5th, we take him, and we make a trade to get a first rounder to draft Subban.

Don't really care about what goes after that.
I agree.

Taking Subban is good for the Leafs, Habs and the NHL.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:48 AM
K19*

This board would implode if Burke passed on Grig at 5. His lack of heart is a pretty serious issue, and one that could very well cause Burke to go in a different direction. Grig is my vote for the slider of the draft, though I think Anaheim would snatch him up at 6.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:42 AM
RomanianLeafs

i`m afraid burke will go with faksa at 5 even if one of grigo or galche are available..

Old
04-11-2012, 07:30 AM
StuckOutHere

The fact we are most likely getting one of Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg is great. Three potential C studs. I think Forsberg is the best option. Yakupov will go #1 and you have to think Murray will have to go somewhere from #2-#4 freeing up one of those forwards for us for sure. If we have to take Murray I won't be very stoked but he would easily be BPA if he fell to us at #5. With our 2nd I want to go with Tom Wilson if available or Martin Frk, also if still available. I don't want to take a D with either of our first two picks as I think we are loaded up there. A goalie, if Vasilevski falls to our 2nd, wouldn't be the worst idea.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Akaready

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
The fact we are most likely getting one of Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg is great. Three potential C studs. I think Forsberg is the best option. Yakupov will go #1 and you have to think Murray will have to go somewhere from #2-#4 freeing up one of those forwards for us for sure. If we have to take Murray I won't be very stoked but he would easily be BPA if he fell to us at #5. With our 2nd I want to go with Tom Wilson if available or Martin Frk, also if still available. I don't want to take a D with either of our first two picks as I think we are loaded up there. A goalie, if Vasilevski falls to our 2nd, wouldn't be the worst idea.
If the leaf can walk away with one of the top three centers and Vasilevski (because I personally feel drafting a goalie is just as important as a center). I would be very satisfied about our draft day

Old
04-11-2012, 07:54 AM
K19*

The only thing is, Grigorenko is the only one out of the top 5 who displays a lack of effort/desire. I would absolutely take him if he fell to us (I'd take whichever of the top 5 fell to us), but will that lack of effort scare Burke and cause him to consider one of the dmen?

Old
04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
StuckOutHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
The only thing is, Grigorenko is the only one out of the top 5 who displays a lack of effort/desire. I would absolutely take him if he fell to us (I'd take whichever of the top 5 fell to us), but will that lack of effort scare Burke and cause him to consider one of the dmen?
I think it would cause him to consider Faksa. In my opinion the only D this team will be drafting in the first round is Ryan Murray.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:02 AM
SprDaVE

I think it's safe to say we'll have the chance to draft either Galchenyuk or Forsberg.

Either prospect will be a good one for Toronto.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:06 AM
K19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
I think it would cause him to consider Faksa. In my opinion the only D this team will be drafting in the first round is Ryan Murray.
It wouldn't shock me in the least if Faksa turned out to be a better player than Grigorenko. They have comparable size, but Faksa is a much better defensive player and possesses a superior work ethic. I would have absolutely no problem with that if Faksa hadn't suffered a serious concussion. Concussions just seem to taint a player's value.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Macman

Quote:
I hope Grigo scares Burke cuz he sure as hell scares me. The Leafs can't afford a mistake with this pick and I see too much Viktor Kozlov and, dare I say it, Jason Bonsignore, in this guy. I was at the game in Halifax last night and the contrast in drive and work ethic between MacKinnon and Grigo was startling.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:13 AM
MoeMoney

All You Need To Know About Galy

http://www.sarniasting.com/article/sting-announce-alex-galchenyuk-as-1st-pick.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:14 AM
StuckOutHere

Quote:
It wouldn't shock me in the least if Faksa turned out to be a better player than Grigorenko. They have comparable size, but Faksa is a much better defensive player and possesses a superior work ethic. I would have absolutely no problem with that if Faksa hadn't suffered a serious concussion. Concussions just seem to taint a player's value.
Faksa has Mike Richards written all over him. Both excellent two way players, both heart and soul guys, both Kitchener Rangers. I still think Grigorenko has massive upside, but Forsberg is the one, even over Galchenyuk in my opinion.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:15 AM
K19*

All Leaf fan fans need to know is that there's no way he's available at 5. This will become more apparent (if it hasn't already) as we get closer to the draft. You are all setting yourselves up for disappoint.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:16 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
All Leaf fan fans need to know is that there's no way he's available at 5. This will become more apparent (if it hasn't already) as we get closer to the draft. You are all setting yourselves up for disappoint.
Crystal ball.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:20 AM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Unless it goes like this:

#1 EDM Yakupov
#2 CBJ Grigo
#3 MTL Galchenyuk
#4 NYI Murray

;only in this case he will NOT be available. Otherwise,if one of CBJ,EDM take Murray,which is very liekly,Galy most likely will be there by the time we pick. NYI are taking a d-man almost for sure.

Old
MoeMoney

Quote:
The only way that happens if nyi take him, of course that could have all been avoided if leafs lost to stamkos but no point dweling on that.

Old
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I've been following the Portland Winterhawks(since Blues prospect Ty Rattie is playing for them)and I've really been impressed with Toronto prospect Brad Ross. Tonight he scored a hattrick, and the kid just looks unstoppable. I think you guys really picked up a 2nd round gem in that kid. Anyways good luck during the draft and can't wait to see you guys next season.
Awesome! Thanks for the report. We're hoping for Darcy Tucker 2.0 out of Ross.

This probably fits better in our Prospect thread, which currently wears a Marlies title.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...152955&page=11

Closed Thread