HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Draft Entry Thread V8.0 - Wanted: Galchenyuk?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2012, 01:50 AM
  #151
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,638
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorriPage View Post
Where do people think Sebastian Collberg is going to go in the draft? Could Burke get him with his second round pick? I'm growing to like this kid more and more with every new thing I read about him and every video I watch. Might be the best pure goal scorer in the draft.
He'll probably go between 10th and 20th overall. No chance of getting him with our 2nd.

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 01:54 AM
  #152
MorriPage
Registered User
 
MorriPage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
He'll probably go between 10th and 20th overall. No chance of getting him with our 2nd.
Damn, that's too bad. I'd have liked the Leafs to draft one of Galchenyuk or Forsberg and then for Burke to try and figure out a way to put together a package to draft this kid. I really like what I see from him.

MorriPage is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 01:55 AM
  #153
leafobserver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
McG, in my opinion, is gonna be a STEAL. Galy is injury prone and you know what happens when you take a big gamble on a player like that.
Steals aren't typically ranked top 3.

Galy will be fine. The kid is 17 and apparently a gym rat.

Fun Fact: In 2008, Tom Brady tore his ACL and MCL and missed the entire season...at age 31. He's done OK since he returned.

leafobserver is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 02:09 AM
  #154
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorriPage View Post
Where do people think Sebastian Collberg is going to go in the draft? Could Burke get him with his second round pick? I'm growing to like this kid more and more with every new thing I read about him and every video I watch. Might be the best pure goal scorer in the draft.
Don't think so.

He'll probaley pick between 10-20.



One of the guys I've got a keen eye on with the 36th pick(provided we keep it) is Damom Severson from the Kelowna rockets.

Kelowna is defensemenn factory, He might the next out.
http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/850

Rare Jewel is online now  
Old
04-11-2012, 02:14 AM
  #155
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
 
LolungoReboundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brampton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 500
I'd like a look at Samuelsson with the second or third round pick

LolungoReboundo is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 02:17 AM
  #156
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG
 
SeenSchenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,713
vCash: 500
Hoping for a forward, but man Ryan Murray would be something.

SeenSchenn2 is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 02:22 AM
  #157
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,076
vCash: 500
Remember that time when people were calling Cowan injury prone? Good times.

2 injuries = made of glass

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 02:28 AM
  #158
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 500
I will post once a week on this, but I still maintain that I hope Galchenyuk is available at 5th, we take him, and we make a trade to get a first rounder to draft Subban.

Don't really care about what goes after that.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 04:42 AM
  #159
080
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
I will post once a week on this, but I still maintain that I hope Galchenyuk is available at 5th, we take him, and we make a trade to get a first rounder to draft Subban.

Don't really care about what goes after that.
I agree.

Taking Subban is good for the Leafs, Habs and the NHL.

080 is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 05:48 AM
  #160
K19*
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 500
This board would implode if Burke passed on Grig at 5. His lack of heart is a pretty serious issue, and one that could very well cause Burke to go in a different direction. Grig is my vote for the slider of the draft, though I think Anaheim would snatch him up at 6.

K19* is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 06:42 AM
  #161
RomanianLeafs
Registered User
 
RomanianLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
i`m afraid burke will go with faksa at 5 even if one of grigo or galche are available..

RomanianLeafs is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 07:30 AM
  #162
StuckOutHere
Registered User
 
StuckOutHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,039
vCash: 500
The fact we are most likely getting one of Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg is great. Three potential C studs. I think Forsberg is the best option. Yakupov will go #1 and you have to think Murray will have to go somewhere from #2-#4 freeing up one of those forwards for us for sure. If we have to take Murray I won't be very stoked but he would easily be BPA if he fell to us at #5. With our 2nd I want to go with Tom Wilson if available or Martin Frk, also if still available. I don't want to take a D with either of our first two picks as I think we are loaded up there. A goalie, if Vasilevski falls to our 2nd, wouldn't be the worst idea.

StuckOutHere is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 07:41 AM
  #163
Akaready
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
The fact we are most likely getting one of Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg is great. Three potential C studs. I think Forsberg is the best option. Yakupov will go #1 and you have to think Murray will have to go somewhere from #2-#4 freeing up one of those forwards for us for sure. If we have to take Murray I won't be very stoked but he would easily be BPA if he fell to us at #5. With our 2nd I want to go with Tom Wilson if available or Martin Frk, also if still available. I don't want to take a D with either of our first two picks as I think we are loaded up there. A goalie, if Vasilevski falls to our 2nd, wouldn't be the worst idea.
If the leaf can walk away with one of the top three centers and Vasilevski (because I personally feel drafting a goalie is just as important as a center). I would be very satisfied about our draft day

Akaready is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 07:54 AM
  #164
K19*
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 500
The only thing is, Grigorenko is the only one out of the top 5 who displays a lack of effort/desire. I would absolutely take him if he fell to us (I'd take whichever of the top 5 fell to us), but will that lack of effort scare Burke and cause him to consider one of the dmen?

K19* is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
  #165
StuckOutHere
Registered User
 
StuckOutHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
The only thing is, Grigorenko is the only one out of the top 5 who displays a lack of effort/desire. I would absolutely take him if he fell to us (I'd take whichever of the top 5 fell to us), but will that lack of effort scare Burke and cause him to consider one of the dmen?
I think it would cause him to consider Faksa. In my opinion the only D this team will be drafting in the first round is Ryan Murray.

StuckOutHere is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:02 AM
  #166
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,743
vCash: 500
I think it's safe to say we'll have the chance to draft either Galchenyuk or Forsberg.

Either prospect will be a good one for Toronto.

SprDaVE is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:06 AM
  #167
K19*
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
I think it would cause him to consider Faksa. In my opinion the only D this team will be drafting in the first round is Ryan Murray.
It wouldn't shock me in the least if Faksa turned out to be a better player than Grigorenko. They have comparable size, but Faksa is a much better defensive player and possesses a superior work ethic. I would have absolutely no problem with that if Faksa hadn't suffered a serious concussion. Concussions just seem to taint a player's value.

K19* is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:08 AM
  #168
Macman
Registered User
 
Macman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
The only thing is, Grigorenko is the only one out of the top 5 who displays a lack of effort/desire. I would absolutely take him if he fell to us (I'd take whichever of the top 5 fell to us), but will that lack of effort scare Burke and cause him to consider one of the dmen?
I hope Grigo scares Burke cuz he sure as hell scares me. The Leafs can't afford a mistake with this pick and I see too much Viktor Kozlov and, dare I say it, Jason Bonsignore, in this guy. I was at the game in Halifax last night and the contrast in drive and work ethic between MacKinnon and Grigo was startling.

Macman is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:13 AM
  #169
MoeMoney
Registered User
 
MoeMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
All You Need To Know About Galy

http://www.sarniasting.com/article/sting-announce-alex-galchenyuk-as-1st-pick.

MoeMoney is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:14 AM
  #170
StuckOutHere
Registered User
 
StuckOutHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
It wouldn't shock me in the least if Faksa turned out to be a better player than Grigorenko. They have comparable size, but Faksa is a much better defensive player and possesses a superior work ethic. I would have absolutely no problem with that if Faksa hadn't suffered a serious concussion. Concussions just seem to taint a player's value.
Faksa has Mike Richards written all over him. Both excellent two way players, both heart and soul guys, both Kitchener Rangers. I still think Grigorenko has massive upside, but Forsberg is the one, even over Galchenyuk in my opinion.

StuckOutHere is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:15 AM
  #171
K19*
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 500
All Leaf fan fans need to know is that there's no way he's available at 5. This will become more apparent (if it hasn't already) as we get closer to the draft. You are all setting yourselves up for disappoint.

K19* is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:16 AM
  #172
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
All Leaf fan fans need to know is that there's no way he's available at 5. This will become more apparent (if it hasn't already) as we get closer to the draft. You are all setting yourselves up for disappoint.
Crystal ball.

DirtyDion03 is online now  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:20 AM
  #173
iArts
ಠ_ಠ
 
iArts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto,ON,Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
All Leaf fan fans need to know is that there's no way he's available at 5. This will become more apparent (if it hasn't already) as we get closer to the draft. You are all setting yourselves up for disappoint.
Unless it goes like this:

#1 EDM Yakupov
#2 CBJ Grigo
#3 MTL Galchenyuk
#4 NYI Murray

;only in this case he will NOT be available. Otherwise,if one of CBJ,EDM take Murray,which is very liekly,Galy most likely will be there by the time we pick. NYI are taking a d-man almost for sure.

iArts is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:20 AM
  #174
MoeMoney
Registered User
 
MoeMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
All Leaf fan fans need to know is that there's no way he's available at 5. This will become more apparent (if it hasn't already) as we get closer to the draft. You are all setting yourselves up for disappoint.
The only way that happens if nyi take him, of course that could have all been avoided if leafs lost to stamkos but no point dweling on that.

MoeMoney is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:20 AM
  #175
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I've been following the Portland Winterhawks(since Blues prospect Ty Rattie is playing for them)and I've really been impressed with Toronto prospect Brad Ross. Tonight he scored a hattrick, and the kid just looks unstoppable. I think you guys really picked up a 2nd round gem in that kid. Anyways good luck during the draft and can't wait to see you guys next season.
Awesome! Thanks for the report. We're hoping for Darcy Tucker 2.0 out of Ross.

This probably fits better in our Prospect thread, which currently wears a Marlies title.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...152955&page=11

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.