HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

WCQF Game 1 8 ET (SP-SO) Wings @ Preds - So you're saying there is a chance ?

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 07:42 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 500
Anyone listening to Mark Howard. The guy's a moron. Seriously.

Just said that Smith looks to be in the lineup over Tootoo (which may be possible, I guess), but then said Trotz could scratch a guy like SK since he hasn't had a great last couple of weeks.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:56 AM
brah

howard be trollin, brah.

gotta get them peeps callin in.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post

Just said that Smith looks to be in the lineup over Tootoo (which may be possible, I guess), but then said Trotz could scratch a guy like SK since he hasn't had a great last couple of weeks.
I hope that's true, they really haven't performed well this season ... Tootoo since he made contact with the ref & sk under achieved this year at least compared to last year

Old
04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'd like to take this time to respond to some of the silly arguments a few of the seemingly more desperate Detroit fans have thrown out there to show why the Preds just don't stack up. I'm going to post it in here because... well... if I'm going to get completely biased responses I'd rather they come from our side.

"Just a few months ago the Wings were the best team in the league. They were healthy. When they took a slide they were injured. The team is healthy again."

Good teams take a hit when they are injured. Great teams keep playing. Detroit is good, not great.

"The first four regular season games in their series the Wings controlled the play. The Preds won one of those games, but Detroit still outplayed them."

So it's not ok for us to judge how Detroit will look in the first round by looking at the latest chunk of their season and thinking to ourselves, "they haven't looked so great. The Predators controlled the play the last two games, and Detroit has absolutely struggled on the road", BUT it's perfectly ok to look at games Detroit played against a very green Preds team still trying to find some chemistry and judge Nashville?

Contradiction.

"Howard has the edge on Rinne. Before he got injured he was the winningest goalie in the league. How many ASG votes did Rinne get, anyway?"

I'm not sure how many ASG votes Rinne got, because I couldn't care less. It's an All Star game for fans. That's like asking a high school student how he can be so uncool because he didn't win homecoming king. How many Hart/Vezina votes did Howard get last June? Oh right... none.

Rinne is the winningest goalie in the NHL this year, not "could have been".

I don't want to get over-confident or anything, but some of the arguments I have seen are just plain silly

It's going to be a LOOOOOONG day

Old
04-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Im really hoping Gaustad can use his superior size to shut down Dats/Zets. We'll see if he was worth the trade

Old
04-11-2012, 08:17 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
ATTENTION: anyone that will be there tomorrow night, bring your voices and be ready to get loud! believe it or not, we have a rep around the league as one of the loudest.. our guys need us to bring our "A" game as well. everyone be ready to BRING IT !!

Roger that. Using sign language today, resting the vocal chords.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Do you guys know if they will be giving away gold colored t-shirts at the game? It kills me when people don't make any effort to wear team colors and wear whatever. I esp. dislike when the colors they chose to wear are the colors of the opposing team.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:29 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post

Mark Howard is a complete clown. I cringe every time I hear him talk.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:35 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Pred View Post
Do you guys know if they will be giving away gold colored t-shirts at the game? It kills me when people don't make any effort to wear team colors and wear whatever. I esp. dislike when the colors they chose to wear are the colors of the opposing team.
Apparently the team is set to have at least three gold outs where shirts are given away (placed on the seats again I would imagine)

Old
04-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Apparently the team is set to have at least three gold outs where shirts are given away (placed on the seats again I would imagine)
Thanks, that's great to hear!

Old
04-11-2012, 08:44 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Im really hoping Gaustad can use his superior size to shut down Dats/Zets. We'll see if he was worth the trade
He won't be used to "shut them down" anywhere but the pk. controlling them at ES will be the Fisher line, ast least at home. I think on the road Babcock will match them vs the Legwand line.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:07 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
It's going to be a LOOOOOONG day
This is the one time when I'm glad to be way over here. Go to bed, get up and game time is 9am. Well, I'll be sitting in class but still watching the game.

I'm not sure if it's just me but none of the images in the first post work, anyone know why?

Old
04-11-2012, 09:14 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
**** em. I really would like to punch Holmstrom straight in the nose.

Yes I know that sounds crazy. But I get illogical at playoff times. I stop thinking with my head and strart thinking with my heart and I can't help it.

I'll be there to suck in all the glory. Go Preds!!!!!!

I love this. I've told my husband the the Wings can go **** themselves so many times that it's become my unofficial playoff slogan: "Playoffs 2012: Go **** Yourself".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Run This Town.
PLEASE tell me they're bringing that back. The intro videos this year have sucked big time. I loooved Run This Town!

Old
04-11-2012, 09:17 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
"Howard has the edge on Rinne. Before he got injured he was the winningest goalie in the league. How many ASG votes did Rinne get, anyway?"

I'm not sure how many ASG votes Rinne got, because I couldn't care less. It's an All Star game for fans. That's like asking a high school student how he can be so uncool because he didn't win homecoming king. How many Hart/Vezina votes did Howard get last June? Oh right... none.
Boom. Best comeback ever. I saw that in another thread and gave you a silent high five.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:37 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Run This Town.
Someone was listening to local radio this morning. Three words preds. RUN THIS TOWN!!!!

Old
04-11-2012, 09:50 AM
analogkid
Thread Killer

T minus 5 hours 41 minutes to liftoff from Murray, KY to Smashville...don't see much work requiring concentration getting done today!

Go Preds!

Old
04-11-2012, 09:54 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
This is the most excited I have ever been for a playoff game. Please, don't let me down, Preds!

Old
04-11-2012, 09:57 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
He won't be used to "shut them down" anywhere but the pk. controlling them at ES will be the Fisher line, ast least at home. I think on the road Babcock will match them vs the Legwand line.
I expect Babcock to separate them (Z and Dats), especially on the road - they got plenty of skilled guys to put out with Dats to finish - like Franzen. Makes the matchup harder - kinda' like Trotz spreading out our skill among more balanced lines.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Great GDT. I'm legitimately stumped as to who will win this series as I think it could go either way...definitely one of the top series' to watch, though!

Best of luck to you guys, hope we see you in a later round.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:37 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Old
04-11-2012, 10:38 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'm not sure how well I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:42 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

From Predators facebook page.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:47 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by predfan24
**** em. I really would like to punch Holmstrom straight in the nose.

Yes I know that sounds crazy. But I get illogical at playoff times. I stop thinking with my head and strart thinking with my heart and I can't help it.

I'll be there to suck in all the glory. Go Preds!!!!!!

I love this. I've told my husband the the Wings can go **** themselves so many times that it's become my unofficial playoff slogan: "Playoffs 2012: Go **** Yourself".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Trade Legwand
Run This Town.

PLEASE tell me they're bringing that back. The intro videos this year have sucked big time. I loooved Run This Town!
I'd buy that T-shirt! "Playoffs 2012 : Wings Go *** Yourself".

I could go either with "Run this Town" or "Rivals".

For everyone's viewing pleasure.

Edit: If you can watch "Rivals" and not be totally pumped up afterwards, seek professional help immediately. Go PREDS!!!

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 04-11-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old
04-11-2012, 10:54 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'll be honest, one of my favorite Predators playoff videos is when Országh scored that goal while diving head first into the pipes. Just wish I could find it.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:00 AM
WartracePred

I hold my breath during Mark Howard's post game interviews. He always asks the uncomfortable questions no matter the time or situation. When interviewing the 1st star of the game, it's time to celebrate, not ask why the player was benched two months ago. There is a time and place for honest difficult reporting. But he thinks it's anytime he has a microphone in his hand. Sorry for the rant guys.

Now, back on subject... Have the Wings ever been swept? I don't want to merely beat the Wings. I want to humiliate them - at least their fanbase.

I predicted an early exit for Salavat Ufa and a Radulov return. I'm feeling a little mojo, and a 4-1 series win for the Preds.

Closed Thread