HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

intylerwetrust's TOP 61 mock

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2012, 05:10 PM
  #26
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresHockey66 View Post
Buffalo definitely takes one of Faksa, Grigensons or Gaunce at that position. We need centers, not defense.
I'd say Reinhart brings more value than those 2nd/3rd line centers. Tyler Myers really needs help.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:00 PM
  #27
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity
 
intylerwetrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresHockey66 View Post
Buffalo definitely takes one of Faksa, Grigensons or Gaunce at that position. We need centers, not defense.
I figured with Ennis, Gerbe, and Adam as young centres, they would go with the BPA which is probably Reinhart.

intylerwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
  #28
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by intylerwetrust View Post
I figured with Ennis, Gerbe, and Adam as young centres, they would go with the BPA which is probably Reinhart.
Those 3 are wingers actually. None the less i think Buffalo should take the best d-man because Gaunce,Girgensons and Faksa might be 3rd liners in the NHL and at best 2nd liners. If Galchenyuk could fall to them, then yes they should take him.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:50 PM
  #29
SabresHockey66
Registered User
 
SabresHockey66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Those 3 are wingers actually. None the less i think Buffalo should take the best d-man because Gaunce,Girgensons and Faksa might be 3rd liners in the NHL and at best 2nd liners. If Galchenyuk could fall to them, then yes they should take him.
Ennis has actually been playing center recently and has excelled. The jury is still out on Adam, he might be a winger, might be a center. Gerbe is definitely a winger.

Never the less, Buffalo is stocked with high end defense prospects and literally has one maybe two centers in their system who MIGHT have a shot at making the NHL one day. Our defense is actually quite good, we've just be murdered by injuries on the back end this year (something like 60+ man games lost).

So, like I said, probably Faksa, Gaunce or Grigensons and not a defenseman. Faksa and Gaunce are pretty much locks for beng at least 3rd line centers with size and good defensive play. Buffalo would value them much higher. Of course, I still hope we pick top 5/win the lottery and land Galchenyuk (please please please)

SabresHockey66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 07:44 PM
  #30
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresHockey66 View Post
Ennis has actually been playing center recently and has excelled. The jury is still out on Adam, he might be a winger, might be a center. Gerbe is definitely a winger.

Never the less, Buffalo is stocked with high end defense prospects and literally has one maybe two centers in their system who MIGHT have a shot at making the NHL one day. Our defense is actually quite good, we've just be murdered by injuries on the back end this year (something like 60+ man games lost).

So, like I said, probably Faksa, Gaunce or Grigensons and not a defenseman. Faksa and Gaunce are pretty much locks for beng at least 3rd line centers with size and good defensive play. Buffalo would value them much higher. Of course, I still hope we pick top 5/win the lottery and land Galchenyuk (please please please)
Buffalo has a good prospect in Mark Pysyk and Brayden McNabb is pretty good, but neither are a top pairing d-man.

If Buffalo can't get Galchenyuk i'd say it's smarter to grab Dumba/Trouba/Ceci/Rielly/Reinhart than Faksa,Girgensons,Faksa. Who I think may all be "just" a 3rd liner.) Those d-men will be a top 4 d-man and all could be top pairing d-men too which i believe is more valuable than a 2nd/3rd liner.

Especially if Ennis does play center for the rest of his career than they have their top 2 centers and many good young wingers.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:12 PM
  #31
SabresHockey66
Registered User
 
SabresHockey66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Buffalo has a good prospect in Mark Pysyk and Brayden McNabb is pretty good, but neither are a top pairing d-man.

If Buffalo can't get Galchenyuk i'd say it's smarter to grab Dumba/Trouba/Ceci/Rielly/Reinhart than Faksa,Girgensons,Faksa. Who I think may all be "just" a 3rd liner.) Those d-men will be a top 4 d-man and all could be top pairing d-men too which i believe is more valuable than a 2nd/3rd liner.

Especially if Ennis does play center for the rest of his career than they have their top 2 centers and many good young wingers.
Pysyk will probably be a 3/4 guy but with what McNabb has shown, he definitely could be a 2/3 guy. Not to mention we have Ehrhoff (a 2/3 guy) locked up for the next 9 years, Myers signed to a lengthy extension (1/2 guy), Regehr who is declining but will continue to be a solid 4 and could be resigned after next year, Sekera who in the last two years has been a great 2nd pairing guy who can step up to the first pairing if injuries happen, Weber who has turned his game around recently and can be a 5/6 guy, Leopold who is a good second pairing guy, not to mention the likes of Brennan and Schiestel who are still waiting for a real shot (and Brennan has looked decent in his call ups).

We have defensive depth out the ass. I'm not saying that one of those defensemen who might be available won't have a bit more upside, but our total lack of prospect centers should lead us to picking one of Faksa, Gaunce or Girgensons. We need center prospects and we need them now. Roy and Ennis are tiny and not a top two that is ideal. One small center is fine, both your top 6? Not so good. While those centers are not locks for top 6 talent, it's worth the shot due to team needs.

I would like them to do everything possible (within reason) to move up if need be to grab Galchenyuk. Taking one of those three is the backup plan.

SabresHockey66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:38 PM
  #32
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,569
vCash: 500
I can see Gaunce going top 15, but he is a major project. He will not be able to skate in the NHL. He is too soft to stay in front of the net and soley be a finisher.

At the CHL prospects game, he looked slow out there compared to the WHL and Q skaters.

JMO

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 06:38 AM
  #33
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresHockey66 View Post
Pysyk will probably be a 3/4 guy but with what McNabb has shown, he definitely could be a 2/3 guy. Not to mention we have Ehrhoff (a 2/3 guy) locked up for the next 9 years, Myers signed to a lengthy extension (1/2 guy), Regehr who is declining but will continue to be a solid 4 and could be resigned after next year, Sekera who in the last two years has been a great 2nd pairing guy who can step up to the first pairing if injuries happen, Weber who has turned his game around recently and can be a 5/6 guy, Leopold who is a good second pairing guy, not to mention the likes of Brennan and Schiestel who are still waiting for a real shot (and Brennan has looked decent in his call ups).

We have defensive depth out the ass. I'm not saying that one of those defensemen who might be available won't have a bit more upside, but our total lack of prospect centers should lead us to picking one of Faksa, Gaunce or Girgensons. We need center prospects and we need them now. Roy and Ennis are tiny and not a top two that is ideal. One small center is fine, both your top 6? Not so good. While those centers are not locks for top 6 talent, it's worth the shot due to team needs.

I would like them to do everything possible (within reason) to move up if need be to grab Galchenyuk. Taking one of those three is the backup plan.
I agree they lack a potential top end center in their prospect pool and have good depth for d-men, but they could use a top end d-man prospect still like Murray,Dumba,Trouba,Reinhart or Ceci. They would benefit most from a center, but if it's not Grigorenko or Galchenyuk i think they should take 1 of those d-men rather than centers like Faksa,Gaunce,Girgensons as they are 2nd/3rd line guys. They don't have huge potential. Center is the biggest need, but a top end d-men like i said is their 2nd biggest need. If it's between those 3 centers and a few of the d-men i named, i think they take a d-man who brings the higher upside over those 3 centers i named who are 2nd liners at best in my opinion.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:24 PM
  #34
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
You updated this on Feb. 9 and still have St. Louis picking before 28th overall?

I like the Skjei pick, but he will probably not be left on the board when the Blues pick near the very end of the first round.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:10 PM
  #35
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity
 
intylerwetrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
You updated this on Feb. 9 and still have St. Louis picking before 28th overall?

I like the Skjei pick, but he will probably not be left on the board when the Blues pick near the very end of the first round.
picks 27-30 are the conference/Cup finalists. Right now I dont see them beating DET or VAN in the playoffs.

intylerwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:45 PM
  #36
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity
 
intylerwetrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
updated

intylerwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:49 PM
  #37
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,844
vCash: 500
Thrower is a defenseman, not a RW.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:38 PM
  #38
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 37,720
vCash: 973
Reinhart over Ceci for the Ducks. They need physical shut-down D. Not a less talented Fowler.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:15 AM
  #39
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity
 
intylerwetrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
updated

intylerwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:22 AM
  #40
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,724
vCash: 400
Canes won't be drafting a dman. Not guaranteeing it, but I'd put money on it and I don't bet on anything.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:07 AM
  #41
grits207
Registered User
 
grits207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saint John, N.B.
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Realistically the only way the Leafs use the 5th pick on a dman is if Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk and Forsberg are all taken with the first 4 picks. Also, I still don't think the Canes would take Gaunce over Faksa even despite Faksa's concussion.

Other than those, not a bad mock.

grits207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:07 AM
  #42
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity
 
intylerwetrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
updated

intylerwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.