HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Newark / Cory Booker Reducing Police Presence Around Arena

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 07:27 AM
JimEIV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
Only in this country is a well off guy busting his ass for poor people a *bizarre Utopian philosophy and not something admirable or noble. Amurkuh.
"A well off guy busting his ass for poor people "

The affluent suburban condescension that borders racism is so delicately compact in that statement.

Yes, let us all go help the idiots who can't help themselves. They are waiting with open hand and empty stomachs for you to come and save them.

White Guilt is an interesting phenomena.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:57 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Welcome to New Jersey.

The State mottau is, "The Garden State" and the State bird is the "Eastern Goldfinch".

We're a huge producer of eggplant and tomatoes too; do try our eggplant believe you leave!
What? No Potatoes? I am disappoint.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
There is iron in your words of death for all Commanche to see. And so, there is iron in your words of life... No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of ten bears, carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death. ... It shall be life.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
04-11-2012, 08:02 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

I'm scared of bear, but bear in forest.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:00 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
There is iron in your words of death for all Commanche to see. And so, there is iron in your words of life... No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of ten bears, carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death. ... It shall be life.
Quote:
But there are things which you have said which I do not like. They were not sweet like sugar but bitter like gourds. You said that you wanted to put us upon reservation, to build our houses and make us medicine lodges. I do not want them. I was born on the prairie where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no inclosures [sic] and where everything drew a free breath. I want to die there and not within walls. I know every stream and every wood between the Rio Grande and the Arkansas. I have hunted and lived over the country. I lived like my fathers before me, and like them, I lived happily.

When I was at Washington the Great Father told me that all the Comanche land was ours and that no one should hinder us in living upon it. So, why do you ask us to leave the rivers and the sun and the wind and live in houses? Do not ask us to give up the buffalo for the sheep. The young men have heard talk of this, and it has made them sad and angry. -- Paruasemena Chief Ten Bears.
"Good intentioned" White people have been putting people in Housing Projects since the 1800's

Old
04-11-2012, 09:04 AM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
"A well off guy busting his ass for poor people "

The affluent suburban condescension that borders racism is so delicately compact in that statement.

Yes, let us all go help the idiots who can't help themselves. They are waiting with open hand and empty stomachs for you to come and save them.

White Guilt is an interesting phenomena.
I have a hard time seeing how Cory Booker suffers from white guilt. If a guy who admittedly has had an easier go of it than others wants to move to lower-income urban areas and gets in at the grassroots to help, who are we to judge?

Old
04-11-2012, 09:11 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
I have a hard time seeing how Cory Booker suffers from white guilt. If a guy who admittedly has had an easier go of it than others wants to move to lower-income urban areas and gets in at the grassroots to help, who are we to judge?
Who Am I to judge? I grew up in one of those communities and I've seen the so called "help" and grassroots movements that keep people impoverished forever, generation after generation.

Funny how we've had 50 years of Transfer payments, 50 years of community activist, 50 years the Great Society, 50 years of so called help...And the SAME DAMN poor communities are the SAME DAMN Poor communities!!!

Is it help? Or merely a way to imprisoning a community in shackles and insuring a permanent voting block?

Yeah, I think it is the latter....You can always count on that vote...Thanks for the "help"

Old
04-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Okay. This thread as gotten too far away from hockey and too far into politics, so I'm closing it.

Closed Thread