HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

National team discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2012, 03:46 AM
  #76
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
Yeah, that'd be great, but anyway, all three have NHL-potential, that's no question for me. There are not many goalies in Europe that are equal or better.

I read somewhere that the Swiss team is near the team that would play the IHWC and that's why they won vs. Finland. Good to know that this is not true and there are still quite a few players to join the team.

It's a pity that our two Montreal-Defenders are injured. Sbisa will be there and a huge boost. I still hope for Streit. From Bern Furrer is a solid possibility for the defence. Blindenbacher and Seger have also to be considered.

A difficult job for Simpson is also finding the right people for the offense. We have Nino, Gardner, M.Plüss, Rüthemann, Pascal Berger, Monnet, Cunti, Ambühl and P.Bärtschi as obvious possibilities. That shows just how much Switzerland progresses in case of depth.

Oh, and I still hope for Josi, anyway, out in the first playoff-round. Josi and Sbisa on the same team, wow.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:19 AM
  #77
stv11
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
I read somewhere that the Swiss team is near the team that would play the IHWC and that's why they won vs. Finland.
I wonder who would say that when probably more than half of the team will be replaced. I see only Brunner, Romy, Moser and Wick as sure choices out of the forwards dressed yesterday. Monnet, Ambühl, Plüss, Rüthemann and maybe Déruns should be locks considering their past WC performances, Sprunger (scratched yesterday) and Bärtschi are better offensive players than most wingers currently on the team, and Berger and Cunti are intriguing possibilities.

I would love to see something like:

Brunner - Monnet - Ambühl
Rüthemann - Plüss - Berger
Déruns - Romy - Moser

and the possibilities for the fourth line are endless.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:06 AM
  #78
swisdan
Registered User
 
swisdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
He'll be a lock pretty soon I guess. Was the best player for FG in the POs. Very smart, good shot and hands.

An other player from Gotteron, who made a huge step forward this year, was A. Hasani. If he continues like that he could be an option too in the future.
I'm less convinced by a player like Hasani, he has less points than the last season playing with better player (he played the most of the time with Dubé and Gamache). He even slowed down this line in my opinion. Nothing impresses me in this player. I'm a little surprised you see this guy like a option for the future, espescially since Switzerland has more and more players for the nati than several years ago.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:25 AM
  #79
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I wonder who would say that when probably more than half of the team will be replaced. I see only Brunner, Romy, Moser and Wick as sure choices out of the forwards dressed yesterday. Monnet, Ambühl, Plüss, Rüthemann and maybe Déruns should be locks considering their past WC performances, Sprunger (scratched yesterday) and Bärtschi are better offensive players than most wingers currently on the team, and Berger and Cunti are intriguing possibilities.

I would love to see something like:

Brunner - Monnet - Ambühl
Rüthemann - Plüss - Berger
Déruns - Romy - Moser

and the possibilities for the fourth line are endless.
Wick is also a lock.

Rüthemann - Plüss - Wick would be nice.
Not convinced about Déruns, Nino could be a possibility for a third line. I'd love to have Romy (as yesterday) with Brunner, add Ambühl and you have a great offensive line. And I still don't know where to put Sprunger.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:25 AM
  #80
croAVSfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Country: Croatia
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
It is very possible that Detroit and Nashville will play in first round of playoffs. Despite Nashville good season I would say 4-2 for Wings in that series and Josi is free to join NT

croAVSfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:44 PM
  #81
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
I would definitely not see Deruns in it. He seems to be at 70% compared to some years ago.

Why not Cunti ?

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
  #82
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
It is very possible that Detroit and Nashville will play in first round of playoffs. Despite Nashville good season I would say 4-2 for Wings in that series and Josi is free to join NT
I would also like this.

I saw them play many times this year. And, at the time, i would have given the advantage to the Preds.
Now, with Radulov, the probabilities of seeing the preds make it into the second round is even greater in my view.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
  #83
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Why not Cunti ?
Cunti is great, such a smart player, brilliant skating. Simpson needs to have at least a look at him.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:11 AM
  #84
duga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zuerich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
I'm less convinced by a player like Hasani, he has less points than the last season playing with better player (he played the most of the time with Dubé and Gamache). He even slowed down this line in my opinion. Nothing impresses me in this player. I'm a little surprised you see this guy like a option for the future, espescially since Switzerland has more and more players for the nati than several years ago.
well, I'm definitely not an expert about him. but the last few games I've seen him play he looked two steps above the player I've seen before.

I've seen some games at the beginning of the season, and he looked exactely the way you described, he made the first line worse.

He already had good wheels, solid strenght and hands before, but his decisionmaking was deep below average. He seems to be catching up in this departement (maybe I've just seen his good games?). he gives a nice effort as well when it comes to crashing the net or going to the corners. (he has played CHL hasn't he?)


Last edited by duga: 04-09-2012 at 08:21 AM.
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:20 AM
  #85
duga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zuerich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Cunti is great, such a smart player, brilliant skating. Simpson needs to have at least a look at him.
have you seen the last PP of the Lions in Game 3. two amazing high-risk runs through the neutral zone and entering the offensive zone with ease. I would be heavily surprised, if the "Z" continues to run their ineffective PP without him.

2 things I like very much.

1) he backchecks very hard in this series

2) Hartely gives some special treatment to him while the PO-games, some mini coaching between shifts, and he seems to respond very good (no cockiness at all)

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 03:28 AM
  #86
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
have you seen the last PP of the Lions in Game 3. two amazing high-risk runs through the neutral zone and entering the offensive zone with ease. I would be heavily surprised, if the "Z" continues to run their ineffective PP without him.

2 things I like very much.

1) he backchecks very hard in this series

2) Hartely gives some special treatment to him while the PO-games, some mini coaching between shifts, and he seems to respond very good (no cockiness at all)
i really agree with you.

I discovered Cunti beyond stats and reports this POs and i am really impressed by him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a shot in NA again. This year or next year a 1year 2way contract.

To me he was way above most others in terms of talent.

Good luck to him.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 07:38 AM
  #87
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
As expected no Weber and Diaz. Until Thursday we should know about the other players from NA.

http://www.sport.sf.tv/Nachrichten/A...-Yannick-Weber

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:18 AM
  #88
goodoldhockeygame
Registered User
 
goodoldhockeygame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Bahamas
Posts: 162
vCash: 300
may we want to move our discussion about nationalteam to "International Tournaments" like the others. to be more international...

goodoldhockeygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:34 AM
  #89
stv11
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
I created one:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=47655623

It would be nice to have all the discussions about the WC roster there.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:56 AM
  #90
swisdan
Registered User
 
swisdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
well, I'm definitely not an expert about him. but the last few games I've seen him play he looked two steps above the player I've seen before.

I've seen some games at the beginning of the season, and he looked exactely the way you described, he made the first line worse.

He already had good wheels, solid strenght and hands before, but his decisionmaking was deep below average. He seems to be catching up in this departement (maybe I've just seen his good games?). he gives a nice effort as well when it comes to crashing the net or going to the corners. (he has played CHL hasn't he?)
Yes, perhaps , you have seen a good games. I don't say he's useless, he's and will still be a regular for the LNA, but i'm very doubtful he will be a contender for the NT.Perhaps i'm wrong. And yes, he plays some games in CHL.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:39 AM
  #91
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
our WM18 team

I know, this is not the thread ... yet since THE national team thread moved to the international tournament section, i use this thread to touch the WM18 Swiss team.

Tonight, at 8pm they play Germany.
They have been loosing everything so far. Does someone knows the story behind the numbers ?

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:07 AM
  #92
stv11
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
First, I admit I did'nt see much of the U18 this season, so don't take my opinion as an unquestionable fact.

I think this team lacks star power. There are some interesting players here (Sieber, Zangger, Brandi, Balmelli...), but Simion is the only 94 born to have been a regular in the NLA this season, and him, Brandi and Schmutz are pretty much the only offensive threat here. Balmelli is more of a complete center, and Sieber and Zangger are more complementary players who should play with more talented guys.

Anyone knows why Fazzini didn't make the team? He was always one of the most dangerous players in the games I saw.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:14 AM
  #93
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
And they are missing Bertschy, who was already one of the better players at the U-20 WC.
From what I read, they didn't play that bad. But it looks very tough to avoid relegation. A win vs. Cze and Den is needed.

We just see another time, the gap between the quarters and relegation is small, very small.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 05:04 AM
  #94
swisdan
Registered User
 
swisdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
It seems like the goalies are awful.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:36 PM
  #95
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
It seems like the goalies are awful.
Actually in terms of pure statistics ... they don't seem to be that bad ... as per the shots.
Yet stats on goalies are absolutely awful !
Both goalies have an 82 and 83 % save !! so maybe the defense has some holes ?

it's funny because the results before the WM wasn't that bad :
U18 nat team results for the season 2011/2012

This is why i was wondering what the story was.

The other teams may have had some 17 yr old guys that were playing in a top league when those result were achieved (since most of our guys aren't NLA or something serious at this level). Or a very bad atmosphere in the team ... something must have happened.

We will see ...
or maybe we will never see tks guys.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:13 AM
  #96
stv11
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
4-2 win against the Czech Republic. I didn't expect it with the Czech having home ice advantage.

Now a regulation win against Denmark should be enough, except in case of a three way tie with Latvia and the Czech Republic, in which case that last minute goal today could be very costly.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:13 PM
  #97
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
Denmark beat Latvia after OT, best possible result for the Swiss team. So a win vs. Denmark is enough to avoid relegation. And if they play like today this should be possible.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:35 PM
  #98
stv11
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
I'm not sure if facing an unmotivated Denmark wouldn't have been better, but at least Switzerland knows any win will be enough. They could even afford an OT loss if Latvia wins in OT against the Czech Republic.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:19 PM
  #99
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
Danemark doesn't seem to be a war machine. That should be doable for the Swiss team.

We can see that the Swiss outshot the Czechs by as much as the average team who beat the Czechs in the Robin round.

and Danemark (which surprisingly beat Latvia) was seriously outshot by all its opponents.

And for once, the Swiss goalie had a 92.6% save. The difference !!
(instead of 82%) imagine that with 27 shots (number of Czech shots fired at the Swiss goal) and a save 82%, that is 5 goals !! in other words with the same %save than usual, we would have lost this one as well !

Let's save the year. Goalie and defense ... stay alert !

All these are stats and worth ... as much as stats are with its infinity of limitations.

Hop Schwiz !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:06 AM
  #100
stv11
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
The Czech Republic beat Latvia and will stay in the top pool. It means that Switzerland needs to win, either in regulation or OT, to avoid relegation. Denmark needs a regulation win, and a Denmark OT win would save Latvia.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.