HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Sign Chris Kreider to ELC (First year of ELC active)

Old
04-11-2012, 11:26 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
No he won't be. You realize they kept him out of discussions at the deadline? The final offer was Dubinsky, Miller, Erixon, Thomas, and a 1st round pick. They never threw Kreider into the discussions.

They aren't trading him for Nash and that disgusting cap hit.
So we can speak in absolutions now huh?

04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
So we can speak in absolutions now huh?
Yes, I will. There is no way he gets traded for Nash. Obviously my opinion, but I'm 100% confident that he won't be dealt.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:31 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Yes, I will. There is no way he gets traded for Nash. Obviously my opinion, but I'm 100% confident that he won't be dealt.
I'm not saying it will or won't happen in simply staring that unless you're Glen Sather you definitiveness amounts to nothing more than what we all are here--people sitting behind a conputer screen speculating.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Levitate

It does seem unlikely that they'd refuse to trade him at the deadline but would be willing to part with him during the offseason

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:32 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He could be traded for Nash come summer time. I don't see why not. I would hold on to new jersey purchase as of yet.
Not happening. Kreider would be more valuable to columbus now that he's signed, but he's still as valuable to the Rangers as he was two months ago when we refused to include him.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:34 AM
94now

Quote:
No he won't be. You realize they kept him out of discussions at the deadline? The final offer was Dubinsky, Miller, Erixon, Thomas, and a 1st round pick. They never threw Kreider into the discussions.

They aren't trading him for Nash and that disgusting cap hit.
In a few years Kreider will have the same cap hit. If not he would be a bust in my book.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
In a few years Kreider will have the same cap hit. If not he would be a bust in my book.
Are you kidding? Not having a 7.8 mil cap hit is being a bust? So you're saying if he's not Crosby or Ovechkin, he'll be a bust? (Nash is not worth 7.8)

That is the stupidest **** I've heard in a while. Kreider will probably max out at around 5-6 mil if he reaches his full potential.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Matt Carle Place
Man Gravity Forgot

Quote:
a 7.5 cap hit in a few years for Kreider? Yea, okay.

Matt Carle Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
You expect Kreider to become a 7.8 million dollar player? Really?

Not like Nash is deserving of that cap hit anyway.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:38 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
You also thought Johnson could replace Lundqvist, so forgive me if I don't exactly respect your opinion.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
You also thought Johnson could replace Lundqvist, so forgive me if I don't exactly respect your opinion.
Good point. Too bad that Prince Chad thread is locked. Now would be a good time to bump it.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Torts won't take questions about Kreider. Says he's glad he's part of the group, calls him a talented young players. "He's one of us."
https://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/...16247332077568

Quote:
Tortorella on Kreider: We're glad he's here. I'm not talking about lineups...it's day to day. (and took no questions on him)
https://twitter.com/#!/stevezipay/st...16280886509568

He never discusses the lineup and rarely discusses individual players with the media.

Quote:
Meeting the media @ChrisKreider says he has "to earn" anything he gets, & says other #NYR have "already earned right to be here"
https://twitter.com/#!/thenyrangers/...16632197210112

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:41 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
It does seem unlikely that they'd refuse to trade him at the deadline but would be willing to part with him during the offseason
I agree but my point is that speaking in absolutions is a little difficult without a crystal ball and insight into the Rangers organization.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:42 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Torts on Kreider: "We're happy he's here and he's a #NYR...from here we'll go day by day...this is a man we feel has a great future"
https://twitter.com/#!/thenyrangers/...17410949431299

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:47 AM
94now

Quote:
Not happening. Kreider would be more valuable to columbus now that he's signed, but he's still as valuable to the Rangers as he was two months ago when we refused to include him.
Well, I do not see how is he better than Nash. Not now anyway. Thus, I cannot buy "valuable" argument. I can see Rangers promising Creek not to trade him in Feb should he sign in April. I also don't believe he was never considered by Slats to be swapped for Nash. I can see, though, that once Creek agreed to sign in April Rangers took him off the table and the deal failed. That scenario is much better for NYR: Creek will be evaluated by Torts and Co. before summer. He could and certainly should be used in a game or two. Then the great minds will be analyzing his and Nash's videos, I am sure.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

lohud.us/ItANG3

Audio interviews with Kreider, Torts, and others from today's practice.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:00 PM
94now

Quote:
Are you kidding? Not having a 7.8 mil cap hit is being a bust? So you're saying if he's not Crosby or Ovechkin, he'll be a bust? (Nash is not worth 7.8)

That is the stupidest **** I've heard in a while. Kreider will probably max out at around 5-6 mil if he reaches his full potential.
Sather doesn't have time to wait for his full potential. Sather will gone in just few years. Lundqvist wont wait either. If Kreider is not a second coming of Messier, i.e. NHL ready power forward, we will have Nash here next season.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Sather doesn't have time to wait for his full potential. Sather will gone in just few years. If Kreider is not a second coming of Messier, i.e. NHL ready power forward, we will have Nash here next season.

I'm going to disregard your post, because Chad Johnson is still in the AHL.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:04 PM
94now

Quote:
You don't have to. It is easy to jump on future tellers. Quoting newspapers is safe for sure. Yet if Lundqvist was challenged by CJ or whoever, IMO (which you may not respect), we could have gotten something like this season from him sooner.

Old
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I agree but my point is that speaking in absolutions is a little difficult without a crystal ball and insight into the Rangers organization.
The only way I can see Kreider being moved is if he goes on a bender and starts blowing coke off a strippers ass...

From what i've heard around campus he's actually a decent person and not some sort of entitled 21 year old party animal.

I.e... he's more like Johnathon Taews than Patrick Kane...

Aside from that, Sather and Torts love him. They didn't include him in the package before, there is no reason to believe that they will include him for anyone in the future either. I'm sure there will be rumors, there always are in NYC, but trading him at this point in time is not on the table, nor do I see that being an option unless he starts to tank or becomes too distracted by the allures of NY.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
lohud.us/ItANG3

Audio interviews with Kreider, Torts, and others from today's practice.
Thanks

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Sather doesn't have time to wait for his full potential. Sather will gone in just few years. Lundqvist wont wait either. If Kreider is not a second coming of Messier, i.e. NHL ready power forward, we will have Nash here next season.
And what does that have to do with Kreider being a bust if he doesn't garner a 7.8 mil cap hit in the next few years?

Old
04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Well, I do not see how is he better than Nash. Not now anyway. Thus, I cannot buy "valuable" argument. I can see Rangers promising Creek not to trade him in Feb should he sign in April. I also don't believe he was never considered by Slats to be swapped for Nash. I can see, though, that once Creek agreed to sign in April Rangers took him off the table and the deal failed. That scenario is much better for NYR: Creek will be evaluated by Torts and Co. before summer. He could and certainly should be used in a game or two. Then the great minds will be analyzing his and Nash's videos, I am sure.
You could say that about most of the players on our team and every player in our farm system. It's not about him being better than Nash. First of all, we wouldn't be able to trade Kreider straight up for Nash, so there's no point in comparing them 1 to 1. And second, while Nash is obviously better than Kreider at this point, their respective caphits makes it a lot closer. Nash is not worth 7.8 mil per year. Kreider will likely end up being worth more than 1.3 per year before his contract is up.

I swear, I think you just write the things you do to troll, because I have a hard time believing that you actually believe what you write. Given how things went down with Howson at the deadline, I don't see Sather revisiting it, especially not when Parise will be available as a UFA.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

This first year of his ELC became active because he went to practice?

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
You don't have to. It is easy to jump on future tellers. Quoting newspapers is safe for sure. Yet if Lundqvist was challenged by CJ or whoever, IMO (which you may not respect), we could have gotten something like this season from him sooner.
Ah yes, based on everything you read about Hank's competitive spirit, you are correct. Until Biron came around, he was the Rangers equivalent to food stamps, he was just fat black and happy.

Lmao just typing something so monumentally stupid, is funny.

I log in and see ridiculous nonsense pretty much every day but this is among the best ever put forth. Congrats sir.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote