HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammy asked if he could keep his Habs game jersey as a souvenir (Molson returns it)

Old
04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeto View Post
The blind hate of PG is hilarious.

Do you think PG was the guy collecting game used jerseys to sell? He's part of the business side now? Is he the one who put all the price tags on the items at the game used sale last Saturday?

I'm not PG apologist, but having the players buy their own game used jersey not a PG decision. I would be akin to me being layed off at my job, and saying "Hey boss-man, I really have a fond attachment to my monitor, mind if I take it?" Because of "rules" put in place, out of my managers control, he'd say "Piss off, buy it and it's yours."
Yeah, except it's not the same thing at all. You're not a star athlete making 6 million dollars per year, your boss isn't the DG of the most storied NHL franchise in history.

...the DG of les Glorieux understandably has a little more lee-way vis-a-vis player relations than middle management in a normal industry.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Kjell Dahlin

This thread is our daily dose of drama provided by the English media!

Drama...

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Cool story.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:49 AM
gusfring

I've known of this guys' antics since his days here in Ottawa. He's an absolute tool.

I would be shocked if he gets back into any prestigious position again in the league.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:05 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaBs_ReNeGaTe View Post
Seriously... who cares? Probably untrue or there are details we are not aware of. People crapping on Gauthier now that he's gone are quite pathetic...

Let's move on with this useless gossip, alright?
People here like to pretend they are above the media but in all reality they are exactly the same. If they can shout outrage or make a mountain out of a molehill they will. No better than the guys who scream about fights at practice.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:05 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
if you get fired from a job, why should you keep the laptop or the office chair?
It's not the same at all. Peopl will use your monitor.

As for my office chair, if I switch departments at the government, I can bring the chair with me. If not, somebody else will use it.

Nobody will wear his jersey. His number, name and sweat is in there. If it's true, it's a total lack of class by Gauthier. And I'm not even a hater.

I'm hoping it's a joke or untrue, really.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:15 AM
llamateizer

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:16 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine View Post

As for my office chair, if I switch departments at the government, I can bring the chair with me. If not, somebody else will use it.

Nobody will wear his jersey. His number, name and sweat is in there. If it's true, it's a total lack of class by Gauthier. And I'm not even a hater.

not true
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53032

Old
04-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine View Post

Except that in this case his jersey would be auctioned off and the proceeds would go to charity.

Besides, I doubt there was very much sweat on the jersey,

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:35 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Except that in this case his jersey would be auctioned off and the proceeds would go to charity.

Besides, I doubt there was very much sweat on the jersey,
Like new

Old
04-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Frankenheimer

This story sounds like bs.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:44 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post

Drama...

That was awesome.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:24 PM
smon

LOL!

Well, to be fair, he could have easily bought it but yeah fits in with the whole Gauthier micro-managing vibe. Look, I don't get the Cammalleri hate, he was a huge part of the playoff run and generally played well (excepting this year) when not injured.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
LOL!

Well, to be fair, he could have easily bought it but yeah fits in with the whole Gauthier micro-managing vibe. Look, I don't get the Cammalleri hate, he was a huge part of the playoff run and generally played well (excepting this year) when not injured.
I was not a big fan of Cammalleri but I agree that the hate he gets is getting ridiculous. Halak is still a hero for many Habs fans and some are still crying about the trade. Cammy had one bad season and he's a piece of ****.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Trading him during a game, then refusing to give him the jersey. Lol PG is such a jerk.
Gauthier had no people skills. None.. zero. zip.. He was probably referred to as "The Idiot" by other GMs.

So glad he's gone. Too bad he had to destroy half the team before he got trashed...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:54 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I was not a big fan of Cammalleri but I agree that the hate he gets is getting ridiculous. Halak is still a hero for many Habs fans and some are still crying about the trade. Cammy had one bad season and he's a piece of ****.
I am not surprised at all, typical MTL fans.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:06 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

i don't know if this is supposed to make Cams look better, but he still cried himself out of town.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Andros777

I'm always gonna miss the Cammalleri from that playoff run.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
It's not just about his play on the ice, it's the crap in the media, he basically forced them to trade him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I am not surprised at all, typical MTL fans.
Yeah, what I essentially think is that every player on the Habs is just hated by some segment of the fanbase for no real reason. And so when said player plays well, they're quiet, but at the first sign of poor play, they crawl out of the woodwork to demand that this player gets traded. And this sort of stuff does hurt the team because the media picks up on it, too.

For example, even before that night playing Detroit, a good portion of the media and the fanbase wanted Patrick Roy gone. That's right, a good year and a half after winning the Cup with him as the driving force.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
ChikN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post

Drama...

Wow, that was one of the most amazing thing i've ever seen hahahaha

ChikN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
i don't know if this is supposed to make Cams look better, but he still cried himself out of town.
I disagree.

Players say this stuff all the time out of frustration and it's not the end of the world. Ryan Miller said the exact same thing about the Sabres two weeks later and he wasn't shipped out. Someone else mentioned that what Cammy said could even been seen as leadership in that he was calling himself and his team out to play better. It didn't go down that way though and the next day Cammy was apologizing in practice...

Only in Montreal is this kind of stuff enough to turn you into some kind of cancer. It was no big deal but our idiot GM took it as a mortal insult and dealt him midway through a game (and a critical game at that point in the season btw) for a player who was still serving a suspension.

Made no sense then, less sense now and this article (which I think has some credibility) just confirms how petty and small PG was. Thank God for him getting the axe. I don't know who's next but he can't be any worse. What a complete dumbass this guy was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's not just about his play on the ice, it's the crap in the media, he basically forced them to trade him.
?????????

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:44 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
I sort of agree with this, but I also agreed with what camy said about the losing mentality. What I found dumb is that he played like crap most of the year and should have been able to put a little more on his shoulders, especially considering the price he's getting paid. He should have stood up in the room, and face the team instead of the journalists.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
If I were Cammy, I would have just taken it and left.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
I sort of agree with this, but I also agreed with what camy said about the losing mentality. What I found dumb is that he played like crap most of the year and should have been able to put a little more on his shoulders, especially considering the price he's getting paid. He should have stood up in the room, and face the team instead of the journalists.
Actually he did. After the headlines came out the next day he called the players together at practice and apologized for how it came out. Then he got traded like 8 hours later...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote