HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Got A Question About A Player? Fantasy? The Team History? Draft History? Anything?

Old
04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Cowbell232

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Holy ****, I never saw that my thread from yesterday was moved. I thought that it was deleted, it wasn't there anymore.
If you thought it was deleted, why did you repost it? Did you except different outcome?

I rarely delete threads, just move them to the right spot so you get right answers.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
If you thought it was deleted, why did you repost it? Did you except different outcome?

I rarely delete threads, just move them to the right spot so you get right answers.
I reposted it because I did the same thread on Nashville's board and I asked a moderator from there why my thread here wasn't there anymore. He told me that he checked my profile if there was a deleted thread and...there were none.

Then, I made a thread on the support forum. No response.
I woke up yesterday and my thread wasn't moved. Probably a bug.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Nope. He's coming to Montreal and he's gonna play with Plekanec.
Not bloody likely.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:47 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
I reposted it because I did the same thread on Nashville's board and I asked a moderator from there why my thread here wasn't there anymore. He told me that he checked my profile if there was a deleted thread and...there were none.

Then, I made a thread on the support forum. No response.
I woke up yesterday and my thread wasn't moved. Probably a bug.
Well your answer can be found on the previous page, but I'll add. I think the best way to describe him is an elite grinder. He gives 100% on every shift. Will go to the corners and to the dirty areas in front of the net. He has very good hands in close, and is almost automatic in the shootout when he dekes. His shot it probably average for an NHL player. He is by no means a sniper, but he's no scrub either. He almost never takes a slapshot and when he does it's not the prettiest thing you'll ever see. Don't think I've ever seen him take a one timer. He's great defensively, and a stud on the PK.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I don't think Zach would go to Montreal. I didn't wanna really discuss this until the season was finished with, but he's said a lot of things I don't trust him on. He said he wants to come back, and in December made it sound like he was willing to try, and negotiate come January, but whenever asked he's saying reports of negotiations are false. I think he just wants to go to UFA.

One thing I believe him on is he said money will be a factor[Big surprise] and that going somewhere to win that has a good chance of a championship is the biggest factor. I don't think that would be Montreal or Minnesota or Carolina. Not saying Montreal doesn't have a chance to win, but he doesn't sound like he wants to go to a team that finished last in the Conference this season.

Personally I thought there would be a good choice to go to LA. Maybe they pursue him like they did Kovy. That's a team that has a good chance to win cause they got good goaltending, and good defense. Though they would really benefit from a 30 goal scorer. They'd have to get rid of a lot though cause they're just about at cap ceiling with no contracts coming off. Carter until 2022, Richards until 2020, Kopitar until 2016. Dustin Penner UFA this year, but that's only a $4.2 million cap hit coming off.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:15 PM
magicducksauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I don't think Zach would go to Montreal. I didn't wanna really discuss this until the season was finished with, but he's said a lot of things I don't trust him on. He said he wants to come back, and in December made it sound like he was willing to try, and negotiate come January, but whenever asked he's saying reports of negotiations are false. I think he just wants to go to UFA.

One thing I believe him on is he said money will be a factor[Big surprise] and that going somewhere to win that has a good chance of a championship is the biggest factor. I don't think that would be Montreal or Minnesota or Carolina. Not saying Montreal doesn't have a chance to win, but he doesn't sound like he wants to go to a team that finished last in the Conference this season.

Personally I thought there would be a good choice to go to LA. Maybe they pursue him like they did Kovy. That's a team that has a good chance to win cause they got good goaltending, and good defense. Though they would really benefit from a 30 goal scorer. They'd have to get rid of a lot though cause they're just about at cap ceiling with no contracts coming off. Carter until 2022, Richards until 2020, Kopitar until 2016. Dustin Penner UFA this year, but that's only a $4.2 million cap hit coming off.
I think it comes down to winning...if we're one and done, zach's not back, no matter the money

magicducksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicducksauce View Post
I think it comes down to winning...if we're one and done, zach's not back, no matter the money
So it's definitely a must that we get through Florida, and preferably the next round too. A nice conference final run should convince Parise that he can win in NJ.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicducksauce View Post
I think he needs to step up in this series then. He's a big part of why we're successful. When we suck, and go through slumps he usually goes through them too. When we're doing good he's doing good. Hasn't been pumping out goals this past winning streak, but he has been racking up assists.

When we went on that good run on February he was a big part of that.

What I'm saying is if the Devils suck in this series or any series usually guys like Kovy, and Parise suck too.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
So it's definitely a must that we get through Florida, and preferably the next round too. A nice conference final run should convince Parise that he can win in NJ.
I agree, but the way I see it, if the Devils get knocked out by Florida, then Parise probably isn't the guy we want leading our teams into the playoffs anyway.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:25 PM
NJDFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
I agree, but the way I see it, if the Devils get knocked out by Florida, then Parise probably isn't the guy we want leading our teams into the playoffs anyway.
The way I see it is if we can beat Florida and make a run in the playoffs like Saugus said it should be enough to convince Zach to stay and show him that he can win with the Devils.

NJDFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieharddevilsfan30 View Post
The way I see it is if we can beat Florida and make a run in the playoffs like Saugus said it should be enough to convince Zach to stay and show him that he can win with the Devils.
Yes, I even said "I agree" to something along those lines, or at least I meant to.

I guess what I mean to say is that if Zach doesn't come back because we had a disappointing playoff run, then I probably won't want him back anyway. Similarly, if we have a good run, Zach will likely be a big part in that, which means resigning him will be all the more sweet.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Losing a thirty goal scorer is never a step forward. Even if we lose, I'm not convinced his captaincy will be the reason why.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Yeah, the worst case scenario is Zach having a great first round and the Devils still getting knocked out or something. Or maybe a real embarrassing second round that still makes him question the future of the team.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

The further we go the further his value goes up.

At the same time I see no real competitive teams offering him a monster salary. There are only 3 players over an $8 million cap hit a year in the league, and that's Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin. Only a handful of others above an annual cap hit of $7.5 which are LOLmez, Lecavalier, Stamkos, Rick Nash, might be a few more. Vanek or Pominville. One of those guys from Buffalo.

Old
04-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Nordic*

Why isn't Larsson playing?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Why isn't Larsson playing?
He wasn't very good down the home stretch of the season. Harrold has been playing better.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Hockeysemin

Ilya Kovalchuck highlights tribute

Here is a tribute i made to Kovy, thought i could share it with u Devils fans. hope u like it

Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Nice vid but I couldn't make it through the first three minutes. I can't watch highlights of Kovy in ATL. Seeing him go coast to coast and sniping a goalie only make me more frustrated since he hasn't done that in years and likely will never do it as a Devil.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Hell Zeon*
Captain Kovalchuk******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Nice vid but I couldn't make it through the first three minutes. I can't watch highlights of Kovy in ATL. Seeing him go coast to coast and sniping a goalie only make me more frustrated since he hasn't done that in years and likely will never do it as a Devil.
He is totally capable of doing it, but the coaching staff has restricted him from it. Still doesn't matter because he's already proven that he can score as many points/goals as he can in Atlanta.

Hell Zeon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Zeon View Post
He is totally capable of doing it, but the coaching staff has restricted him from it. Still doesn't matter because he's already proven that he can score as many points/goals as he can in Atlanta.
I know he's fully capable of doing it. He is one of the most skilled players in the league. Unfortunately our coaches haven't found that right balance between playing it responsibly/safely and going for the kill. There were times in that third period on Tuesday that Kovy had the time and space to rush it up and he just dumped it in softly and glided into the zone.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Halfwar

Melrose Place

Not sure if anyone saw this video... but a certain line in it has me cracking up

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=0&id=171609

Halfwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Nordic*

Can you please send Larsson to the WC? It has to be better than sitting in the press box in NJ.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Rumcajs

2 seasons in and your in the middle of a 2nd round series in the playoffs.

Grade Volchenkov since he left us.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:56 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
2 seasons in and your in the middle of a 2nd round series in the playoffs.

Grade Volchenkov since he left us.
B

He had a great regular season. He was decent last year. I've always loved him though. In the playoffs, he hasn't been good at all. Not necessarily bad, just very meh.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:09 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I think B is fair. Injury prone but that comes from his playstyle. He certainly is a warrior though and his offense was a bit more evident this year

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote