HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Question

Old
04-11-2012, 11:47 AM
megajake

vCash: 500
Question

Without Tavares, would Moulson and PA Parenteau be in the NHL right now?? Is is also true that the only reason Moulson was tried out with JT was because of there past chemistry? Thanks

megajake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:50 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by megajake View Post
Without Tavares, would Moulson and PA Parenteau be in the NHL right now?? Is is also true that the only reason Moulson was tried out with JT was because of there past chemistry? Thanks
I doubt there was any past chemistry between Moulson and Tavares as far as playing together. Moulson is 7 years older than JT. I believe Moulson might have played minor hockey with JT's OLDER brother, so they knew each other. Also I believe Moulson might have trained with JT, even when JT was just a teen playing junior hockey.

That being said, I think Moulson just needed to get a chance to prove himself. If youre stuck in the minors, and then ONLY play 4th line minutes when you do get called up, it's very difficult to show you have offensive talent (see Niederreiter and Jason Blake when he first came to the Isles). Moulson needs top 6 minutes to be effective. So quite possibly, if Moulson didn't have a chance to play with Tavares, he might still be in the minors. Moulson reminds me of Jason Blake, nobody really gave him a chance, but when he finally was given that chance, he showed he had the talent to score. Blake was the classic late bloomer, I believe he was 33 years old when he finally had a 40 goal season. Luckily, Moulson is 5 years younger, and almost had a 40 goal season.

Last edited by scott99: 04-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.
scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:55 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
PA is here because Wang forces Garf to dumpster dive for first line forwards. It worked out, but that is what happened.

Matt is here because Lombardi gave up on him and Tavares turned management on to him.

Imo of course from reading all the past news bits about them.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:02 PM
megajake

Thanks, this is all great information.. What types of players in your opinions of course, would JT really explode with??Try not naming the elite ones, but still good players if you guys can.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Thanks, this is all great information.. What types of players in your opinions of course, would JT really explode with??Try not naming the elite ones, but still good players if you guys can.
Backes. Stamkos. Eberle.

Also, any wingers who go to the net and know what to do in the slot and how to position themselves for little passes and rebounds.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:21 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Players like Jamie Benn, Jeff Skinner, and Bobby Ryan would fit like a glove with Tavares.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:21 PM
megajake

Does anyone know a site to check how many points a line scores??? I'd like to know if PA does good without JT.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Matt Moulson is a 1-trick pony - a really excellent finisher. Given that there are some teams, like the Kings, who totally lack that kind of player, I'm pretty sure he'd be in the league. There aren't a whole lot of players in the NHL (much less minors) who bury their chances like Matt Moulson.

PA Parenteau is a playmaker who doesn't bring a whole lot else. He's with the Alex Tanguay, Desharnais, and Versteegs of the world. What's the difference between these guys and the Keith Aucoins, Kip Millers, and Rhett Rhakhshanis? They all have skill. Otherwise? Not a whole lot, IMO - an inch, 10 lbs, maybe, and an opportunity.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
okie21

Quote:
You know all season long I wanted to see a couple games where Moulson wasn't playing with JT, but that ofcourse never happened because that would involve Cappy actually doing something.

Without JT I still think PAP could be a 15-30-45 type player, not near 70 pts though. Moulson is a great question. If Moulson would be able to still find the "dirty areas" and get off his quick acurate shot and still plot say 25 away from JT it would help this teams secondary scoring immensely. I wanted to see him with Bailey and Frans and JT with Okie and PAP all year. However, that didn't happen and I really have no clue as to how Moulson would produce on a different line.

okie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:05 PM
megajake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Players like Jamie Benn, Jeff Skinner, and Bobby Ryan would fit like a glove with Tavares.
How so?

Old
04-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
How so?
I don't know about Bobby Ryan and Jamie Benn. But there's evidence w/Skinner and JT - WC 2011. That's a lot of hockey sense.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:46 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
How so?
I think the creativity they possess is similar to JT's, and their skill sets would just match.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
luki here

Quote:
i think he would work great with thomas vanek. those two are both very tricky players with great hands that like to work down low. Both quite physical also...too bad vanek has a couple of years left on his contract.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote